It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google ignores 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
They really should have at least marked it with something....some small notice that they actually give a crap. Oh well...a few more years and we'll probably have it turned in to another excuse to buy each other presents and spend two billion on greeting cards.

Google is world wide. Should they be acknowledging each village that is completel destroyed in Darfur? How about all the women raped with machettes? Bad things happen all the time all over the world. I know 9/11 was a big deal but there are other big deals around the world. People in the U.S. seem to think that everyone and everything should be geared toward them. The world is a big place and bad things happen every day. Mass murder, genocide, war, and so on. Just what exactly is it you all expect google to do? It is not an obituary page.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Normally something like this wouldn't bother me, but its obvious google does their best to recognize every obscure holiday and anniversary there is. Just the other day they had a UFO in the logo to celebrate some UFO conference. That is expect memorial day and 9/11. Funny how nearly everyday you can find a new google logo acknowledging something, then on 9/11 nothing.

Its as if they're purposely trying to offend people. So, I called them and what I was told made me more angry.

ME: I just wanted to call and lodge a complaint and find out why you guys aren't recognizing 9/11

OP: I'm sorry sir, we don't recognize every holiday....

Me: You think 9/11 is a holiday?

OP: silence

Me: The real reason is that you're all ideological assholes.

OP: Sir...

Me: just file my complaint with the others I'm sure you're getting.

You went from asking a question to calling the person on the phone and asshole in two sentences and you claim they pissed you off more? Do you think the person who answered the phone is the same person that decides which dates to modify the logo for?

Basically you called up a company and almost immediately insulted and swore at the person who answered the phone. You expected that to go how?

Can you explain why the person who answered the phone deserved such abuse? Can you also explain how you expect your complaint to be taken seriously if that is how you try to file it?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
take a poll of how many Americans even know what that is........

then take a poll of how many Americans know what 9/11 was.....

I'm sure you will find the answer you are looking for and hopefully would retract your statement for being so foolish

Foolish???? Apparently you missed this but there are all kinds of other countries on this planet outside of the U.S.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You are serious?

Wow. Google was probably speachless because some angry American called them and wanted a logotype for 9/11 when all their other logos are from holidays or other positive events in the world. You would think that one would be obvious to everybody, but guess not.

I surely didnt expect them to have a logo for 9/11.

Originally posted by Wimbly
Its as if they're purposely trying to offend people.

Yeah, they should watch out before they get accused by angry Americans for being terrorists and getting bombed in the name of freedom fries.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I stopped using Google a long time ago. They are trouble to begin with, look at all the 'cool' tech they use to gather info on people and whatnot. I can't recall all of it atm but I remember reading an article about it how they have so much already being used and more in the works that it's like they are trying to build a conscious internet or something worse. Yes I am very overdramatic sometimes, but it is a big deal to me at least.
This thing you pointed out makes me hate them even more.

Oh yeah I meant to put that I use ixquick.com for my search engine, seems to be pretty good and they don't store any info.

www.google-watch.org...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Lexxica]

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Lexxica]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well Wimbly, here ya go. I hope you're happy.

Google 911 hack.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by Slash]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join