It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says No to Iran Nuclear Sanctions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Russia Says No to Iran Nuclear Sanctions

online.wsj.com

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov made it clear Thursday that Moscow wouldn't back any new rounds of tough sanctions against Iran in the United Nations Security Council, and he dismissed a U.S. timetable for securing progress from Iran on ending its nuclear-fuel program.

Mr. Lavrov's comments in Moscow led U.S. officials to acknowledge that new U.N. sanctions against Iran were now unlikely in the near term -- endangering a major element of President Barack Obama's high-profile strategy for diplomacy in the Middle East. "We're pretty disappointed with the Russian position so far,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

The World stage is becoming quite the show. We have both Israel, and the US continually crying wolf over Iran. Yet, in this article We can see Russia taking an Iron clad stand. They will not go further with sanctions against Iran.

I included another article which shows at best the childish nature of the PTB in control of Our government. They are denouncing further talks with Iran.

So, We've got Russia in this article being vocal about not screwing with Iran; then We have the US, and Israel beating the drums of war. China has weighed in elsewhere totally supporting Iran.

This leaves a simple outcome, there will be no new UN Security Council Sanctions against Iran; in effect defeating the US/Israel. So, what coming event will pull us into war? What will "We The People" need to be vigilant for?

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I can hear the Israeli jet engines warming up already.I hope its not WWIII.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
With all of the hundreds of nukes that Israel has, you'd think they'd stop bullying the other countries in the area. Until another country becomes a real threat (like Israel) they need to cool it with the killing and war.
At the very least they can kill without our help.

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
With all of the hundreds of nukes that Israel has, you'd think they'd stop bullying the other countries in the area. Until another country becomes a real threat (like Israel) they need to cool it with the killing and war.
At the very least they can kill without our help.

Just my two cents.

We would be doing the world a favor if we attacked Israel. This rogue nation is a far bigger threat to the world than the old Soviet empire.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

"We're pretty disappointed with the Russian position so far," a senior U.S. official said.

You dont say?

Notice how the important info was right @the end of the article: that Russia will not consider the abandonment of anti-missile defence systems in Eastern Europe sufficient concession to support the USA in its need to stop Iran selling oil for €uros.
Oh how the world has changed, eh?
Once upon a time, back in the days when myth, legend & other lies were accepted as truth, when the USA appeared credit worthy, the arms race could be used to beat America's enemies by bankrupting them.
"My, what big teeth you have!" said Little Red Communist-hood, "I must spend ridiculous amounts on my own teeth. Oh, hang on, this plan doesn't seem to be working. Nevermind, I can just stop it & spend my money on developing the means to make more money than the big bad wolf!"
Yes, outmaneuvered, indeed beaten @its own game & broke, the USA now only has that massive military machine to support its bargaining position. But what the rest of the world seem to have grasped 20yrs ago is that, in a post nuclear age, the opportunities to use military force are greatly diminished. Even war by proxy cannot actually be won; all it can do is create regimes which require continuous funding to survive.
The USA has borrowed & spent itself into the exact same position the USSR was in during the 80s. The difference is that the world's rich have a massive interest in the USA not collapsing: for starters, their wealth is mainly denominated in US$. Therefore the USA is "too big to fail".
What worries me is that the tools in charge of the day to day running of the USA may not realise that war is politics by other means & may actually be stupid enough to attempt to use their military assets for outright conquest, triggering WW3.
I just wish that Canada, & specifically Alberta, had bigger balls. Enough to resist being effectively annexed by the USA. Just like the banks, let the USA fail. Lets have some change...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sounds to me like their going the extreme to support despotic regimes and mad men. Lets just hope some solution is arrived soon.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Right on! You nailed it right on the head. We are up against the wall, and People need to learn how to visualize what's going on.

I'm glad Russia, and China are taking the stance they are; because this will force the hand of the PTB to set in motion a false flag to achieve their agenda.

I can only hope the masses are smart enough to see the coming attack for what it is.

Thanks for all the posting to all

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
I just wish that Canada, & specifically Alberta, had bigger balls. Enough to resist being effectively annexed by the USA. Just like the banks, let the USA fail. Lets have some change...

You made a good post with good points, but I don't understand what you mean by this Canada/Alberta reference... We have no intention whatsoever of being annexed into the US, so not quite sure what you mean.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
On what basis was this resolution proposed? Why should Iran be further sanctioned, meanwhile countries like Israel manage to go under the radar when it comes to international pressure? Furthermore why do people believe that sanctions will prevent Iran from obtaining whatever weapons they want to obtain? Arms sanctions haven't really dented Iran's or North Korea's military capabilities before. In fact this sanction bullsh*t is a joke - those who would choose to comply with it already don't do any business with Iran, and those who sell arms to Iran will find a way around it. With every sanction that the UN makes or attempts to make - it makes a joke of itself.

Russia believes that it has not been convinced that sanctions against Iran are needed or that they will in any way enhance global and regional stability. Perhaps Russia also senses US's helplessness in dealing with Iran and with Middle East in general.

Russia's main objective is not to help Iran but rather to prevent the US from attaining anymore influence and control in the Middle East. Russia has been fed up with US militarist expansion around the world, and it likely senses that now is the good time to halt it. As such Russia's good relations with Iran are seen by Russia as a matter of necessity, to counter weight US's influence. If US never invaded Iraq, perhaps Iranians would not have elected such a hardline President and the situation today would not be as tense.

Sanctions will not work against Iran. Neither will military action. If US wants progress, it must take the necessary steps itself to make it happen - such as scaling down its aggresive foreign policy. Why can't more people realize that most of the issues US is facing - are of its own creation?

So blame Russia all you want, but ultimately it is not Russia which is the cause of US problems in the Middle East. Russia is a convenient entity to pin the blame on - "Oh look at those stubborn Russians, they are the reason why Iran is gaining strength and why Middle East is a mess". I guess the "Blame Russia" routine still works for the US, hence why it is still so often relied on.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by maloy]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I like what You wrote, but I don't think anyone here is against Russia; I know that I am not. The real fact of the nature is Russia, and China have been preventing further war in the ME.

That being said, the NWO/Elite/PTB will need another False Flag, or several to win the hearts, and minds of the Sheeple into supporting a war..... Which will in turn create what looks to be WW 3.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I don't know if you heard this or not. Alberta just recently made a deal with China for substantial interests in the tar sands. Maybe someone else here would care to elaborate.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

I didn't know about any specific oil sands deal, but I've heard China has been making deals with Canada for quite some time. Actually Russia, and China both have been buying up Canadian, and US interests; from what I understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

America has supported plenty of these...

Abacha, General Sani Nigeria
Amin, Idi Uganda
Banzer, Colonel Hugo Bolivia
Batista, Fulgencio Cuba
Bolkiah, Sir Hassanal Brunei
Botha, P.W. South Africa
Branco, General Humberto Brazil
Cedras, Raoul Haiti
Cerezo, Vinicio Guatemala
Chiang Kai-Shek Taiwan
Cordova, Roberto Suazo Honduras
Christiani, Alfredo El Salvador
Diem, Ngo Dihn Vietnam
Doe, General Samuel Liberia
Duvalier, Francois Haiti
Duvalier, Jean Claude Haiti
Fahd bin'Abdul-'Aziz, King Saudi Arabia
Franco, General Francisco Spain
Hitler, Adolf Germany
Hassan II Morocco
Marcos, Ferdinand Philippines
Martinez, General Maximiliano Hernandez El Salvador
Mobutu Sese Seko Zaire
Montt, General Efrain Rios
Guatemala
Noriega, General Manuel Panama
Ozal, Turgut Turkey
Pahlevi, Shah Mohammed Reza Iran
Papadopoulos, George Greece
Park Chung Hee South Korea
Pinochet, General Augusto Chile
Pol Pot Cambodia
Rabuka, General Sitiveni Fiji
Montt, General Efrain Rios Guatemala
Salassie, Halie Ethiopia
Salazar, Antonio de Oliveira Portugal
Somoza, Anastasio Jr. Nicaragua
Somoza, Anastasio, Sr. Nicaragua
Smith, Ian Rhodesia
Stroessner, Alfredo Paraguay
Suharto, General Indonesia
Trujillo, Rafael Leonidas Dominican Republic
Videla, General Jorge Rafael Argentina
Zia Ul-Haq, Mohammed Pakistan

and continue to do so..

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

You've got to be kidding me

Adolf Hitler??? Did'nt he declare total war against the US? Did'nt the US stomp the Nazi's during WW2.. or are u re writing history??? And how does he fit into "still being supported" or do you mean to say he mite have been provided some money and technology by "private" organizations???

How could you even think that the Shah was bad for Iran??? Iran was at its peak at the time of the Shah. Look where she is now...You mite say they are okay but certainly not the same that she was at the time of the Shah.

With these two claims alone the rest can easily be concluded to be BS. Good joke though

------------------------------------------------

To Maloy -

'One man's food will always be another man's poison' and its always this way...
You think that only the NWO or the US have their agenda, think again...those religious fanatics who rule certain regions of the ME have a crazy agenda of their own which I'm sure many dont appreciate. Or should we go back to the times of Russia in Afghanistan or with Chechnya???
For peace and Love to work it cannot be one sided, it needs to swing both ways and making claims to remove the leadership in Israel is not a sign of peace...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Couldn't have said it better!!! The world is lucky to have a China and Russia to keep the US in check, otherwise the states would be bombing the hell out of anyone who wouldn't give them everything they demand when they stomp their feet and demand it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

Well, there IS the Prescott Bush/Nazi Germany connectionwww.guardian.co.uk...

also of note, Ford and GM's connections to Nazi Germany www.washingtonpost.com...

Plenty of American products were sold to the Nazis, and a handful of American businesses were PROFITING off of the Nazi war machine.

I don't see that there are any links between Hitler's rise and the American gov't at that time, but I just wanted to state that some Americans/American companies had a hand in what happened in WWII.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I would actually applaud Russian and Chinese military for only 2 reasons
They would'nt allow media to expose or interfere with their activities.
They dont care about public image. Whatever the agenda they efficiently carry it out, even if it VIOLATES HUMAN RIGHTS!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Yeah but during the period in question we were supplying both sides. We could do that we were neutral. Well not really but we hadn't fired a shot in anger yet.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

My points exactly. Private businesses profit not only from dictators like Hitler but through many such groups/people. Giving access to obtain WMDs to fanatics with crazy agendas is like giving a rifle to a baby. And this scenario certainly suits the despots in Iran!!!

[edit on 12-9-2009 by CuteAngel]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join