It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Difference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Freedom, a luxury we are given through the blood of those that protect us. Almost three hundred years ago we gained our freedom through the blood of patriots, and now we retain our freedom through the blood of young soldiers of liberty.
-K.G

I have no problems hating the goverment, I have no problem with protesting the war and protesting the countrys economic state, protesting the way the goverement controls its people. I have no problem with that. My question is have you been aware of the difference between a 4 Star General and a soilder? There is no blaming the marines and soldiers in this war, to do that is despicable. Do you think they have any choice what to fight for? Once they enlist, it is their duty to protect the country, to do orders. They can't choose not to do something.

The kid that gets hit by a roadside bomb in Afganistan could be your 18 year old neighbor. It happened to mine. If you dont support what they are doing, at least try to get them home safely. If you don't support the political side of the war (I dont) even if you don't like the idea of war (I dont like the idea of war) you need to keep it in your minds and hearts that soilders are not to blame when the SHTF. You can go hang the 5 star generals, and the heartless men with the money who pull strings, but keep that difference in your mind. Just as all smokers are not sinners, not all soldiers are heartless killing machines.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

My question is have you been aware of the
difference between a 4 Star General and a soilder?
There is no blaming the marines and soldiers in this war, to do that is despicable.

Let's say I tell you to kill someone, and you do. Which one of us would you say is more responsible for the death?

Do you think they have any choice what to fight for?

Yes

[edit on 10-9-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think all of us are waking up more than at any time in this generation. We're all starting to realize that we've all been duped. Some by the military, some by the banksters, some by politicians, some by false ideaologies, some by all of these things.

We can be forgiven for our previous behavior done without malice and borne of ignorance, but now that our eyes are opened, if we find ourselves in a place of self-loathing for contributions made to the machinations that deceived us, we need to get out.

For those men and women currently in the military who signed up because they genuinely believed they were helping and serving their country, I am willing to remain non-judgmental until their eyes are opened too. For those who signed up for lack of other opportunities, let them bow out gracefully when their tour of duty is up and Never Again Volunteer Yourselves.

It's poor form for those of us who sit comfortably behind our computer screens in safety and security with our bellies full to belittle those who would die so that we may always remain so smug. I sincerely hope and pray that our soldiers would have their eyes opened and end their TOD by never looking back.

As long as I draw breath, I swear that neither of my sons will ever be sacrificed to the corporate greed that would use them to line their own pockets. I did not give birth to cannon fodder but to human beings whom I have taught to be warriors for that which is right but not soldiers for that which is expedient to another man's gain.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by whitewave]

join