It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you show your papers to the authorities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Senator Max Baucus of Montana is calling for fines of up to $3,800 on families who fail to get medical insurance after a health care overhaul goes into effect.

If mandatory health insurance went into effect, will you show them your papers to prove insurance, or will you disobey and have your home and car taken away, then your wages garnished, and possibly go to jail?

I may have health insurance but I won't allow the US federal government to know about it. And if a health insurance company defies my privacy wishes and tells them I do have the coverage, then I'll drop coverage. The federal government has long ago crossed the property rights line and managed to avoid severe consequences but if they think they can unmistakably and clearly cross the "my body, my choice" line they are sadly mistaken.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'll show my nuts to the authorities. Nobody is responsible for my health but ME! How dare this country sink so pathetically low that they don't even want people to be allowed to take responsibility for their own lives!

join