It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most amazing UFO videos from Sweden ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I didnt see any birds or insects myself. This looked kinda real to me. Not convincing but definitely a nice find in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
just an idea of what those 2 dots can be in certain circumstances...

Here is a crop with more contrast from one of my older photo showing a plane with full 12 x optical zoom (Canon S2IS 5 Mpixel camera):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cff24dce7da6.jpg[/atsimg]

and here the full unedited frame version:

All those white dots you see, are poplar seeds floating in the air, mostly like a snowy day.
Even with full zomm and high resolution, there are poplar seed enough high in the atmosphere taken by the winds, to appear just as focused dots.

So, why not those sweden dots, to be something like this? Seeds or something else taken by the winds?

[edit on 8/9/09 by depthoffield]

[edit on 8/9/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nice footage in my opinion.

I do like that it seems to be a truly random sighting. Dude is trying out his camera on a jet plane, and accidentally picks up this one then two objects heading in the opposite direction. Did anyone notice the speed of the orbs relative to the airplane? I thought it seemed considerably faster. That would make it incredibly fast wouldn't it?

Does anyone else see a sort of pulsing distortion emanating from the orbs? Maybe just a camera effect.

After closer examination, the objects seem to demonstrate different types of movement and over the entire panning of camera they stay in formation and get closer and closer together while staying out of each others way. IMO that is something the wind can not do to poplar seed fluff.

Swedes are smart people I hope they have already ruled out many of the obvious things these orbs could be mistaken for. They are probably more metallic or glowing like than can be made out in this version of the video.

It is small footage though.

cheers

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've seen the same craft on two seperate occasions over Holland a few weeks ago. The first time there was just one, the second there were two. They looked just like that. The same.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
On a side-note, Sweden became quite famous in the 30's and 40's for our "Ghost rockets" that enjoyed playing around in our airspace. Since then, (they disappeared around the end of the 40's, I believe), I don't think we've had many UFO sightings, but there's been a few classic ones.

About Ghost Rockets: en.wikipedia.org...

There's also the issue of USO's. In the late 80's some dude wrote a book about our "phantom submarines" (The Swedish Navy thought they were Ruskies, and later American subs, but they turned out to be fish...yeah, laugh it up...sailors...
)

Anyway, while the subs were debunked as being fish, the guy, who had suggested they belonged to some underwater civilization, also made another claim - that there had been sightings in the Swedish coastlines of what can only be described as "phantom frogmen", as in "frogmen without any visible oxygen tanks or other diving equipment". It's an interesting story... One of these days I'm going to try and dig up the truth around that one, because if it's true that there have been such sightings...wow.

So, yeah, Swedish UFO history might not be very known, but we have a few goodies here too.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And I thought I was sceptical, I cant believe many of you think these are birds when clearly they are not.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Why are they clearly not birds? They actually look and move like birds. You can see motion at the dots as they move. I.e. wings. There is nothing to indicate that those dots where anywhere near the plane whatsoever. I really don't see anything that can disprove they are indeed, birds.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Reminds me of foo fighters

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these are human made crafts.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Meh, still just 2 dots.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lasse

They looked like the same orbs which have been seen near crop circles!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
hey ! great post !
really doesn't matter what most people say or think. if someone has to argue that a crow can be white, i bet my last dollar people will queue up just for the heck of it...

don't quite understand how this can be compared to birds, SEEDS ??!!!
haha

never mind

i wouldn't say its conclusive evidence of an Extra Terrestrial Flying Machine, but it is a UFO at best.

at the same time, there is no conclusive evidence of it being a bird, bird poop or shining lanterns on glass or anything.

Definitely something to think about

S&F

[edit on 8-9-2009 by letmeDANz]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What's so amazing about it? You can barely see the "objects" anyway. Looks like the same old fuzzy YouTube videos.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Unless they are window reflections, which I doubt, they are impressive. No aircraft can vertically accelerate at those speeds. Of course, no bird can even approach one tenth of these speeds. Whatever they are, they are not likely from Earth. The poplar seeds are a possibility.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
How fast you think they're going then? Do you know how far they're from the camera?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
how come all the videos titled "the most amazing EVER!!!!' are always some little dot...

when are we going to get THE VIDEO.. how much longer do you guys thing... i dont wanna see no dot.. i wanna see, in detail. the mother #ing ship.. the obvious... the real deal. the undeniably alien technology.. district 9/independence day #...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I would like to point out two things. First, there are a lot of people offering possible solutions to this sighting, ranging from birds to poplar seeds. What I think is being neglected is the prestige of UFO-Sweden. This is not an organization which would be swept up in a UFO craze, declaring a UFO sighting is unexplainable without exhausting every other concievable notion, and I assume that the ideas of a bird or a reflection or poplar seeds being the answer have already been explored and thus ruled out. Secondly I want to touch on something that AccessDenied wrote about at greater length and that is that everyone assumes when they see a UFO that it is aliens from outer space driving them. While I do believe in life on other planets (as someone or another said, it would be a colossal waste of space otherwise) I believe there is a better than 50-50 chance that what we are seeing when we believe we are seeing aliens is a prototype for a new aerial vehicle controlled by the government and therefore manned by humans not aliens.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
can't explain.
but don't know if i could call it "proof" of anything.
you don't always get the proof you want - you get the proof you have. it's not much but it's enough to say there are things that can't be explained. once somebody accepts that there are things beyond explanation than they are one step closer to being open to to the truth.
i'm sure the definitive proof will come sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I didn't find that video very impressive. I read the translation and the dismissal of birds (and insects) but I have every doubt in my mind that that was some sort of space/atmospheric "vehicle" of extra terrestrial origin.
While it may be hard to film insects at such a close proximity, it's not impossible. (One way in which it may have been faked or accidentally 'faked'.)
A second explanation that jumps into my mind is that it may have been a hoax. Those indeed could have been birds - "birds don't shine like that", what's stop someone from making birds shine? Surely there's a way. It could even be a metallic ornithopter.
Maybe it's just an unknown natural phenomena. Whatever it was though, I highly doubt it was alien.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lasse

Damn, look at that speed.

The second UFO (as in Unidetified flying object) shows its controlled by intelligence. It speeds up to catch up with the first one.

The vertical speed it shows is really amazing. there is no plain or helicopter in the world that can do this

I dont know if its alien but im sure its not something build by humans. These are not birds too, its shows way to much intelligence and speed. Maybe secret human crafts, may be alien, who knows.

[edit on 9/9/09 by TheNetherlands]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by PsykoOps

2 tiny dots streaking across the sky? Barely few pixels wide, and you call that amazing

No kidding. Before I came to ATS, I was a die hard believer. Now that I've seen example after example of what people call "amazing UFO footage", I've come to be much more skeptical.

If you have video of a clearly non-conventional craft, doing things no other craft could do, that would be amazing. Points of light in the sky are not impressive. They could literally be anything.

Worth checking out a few old style UFO books released in the 60s and 70s. There are some photos that, even today , are not seen on-line and there are a goodly number of cases where people claimed to have taken clear photos of the objects concerned. Sadly many people handed the pictures over to the authorities along with the rolls of film, in good faith, never to see them again.

In more than a few cases, witnesses were told such things . "Oh there was nothing on the film, so we simply got rid o f it"..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join