It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter pilot flies alongside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Fighter pilot flies alongside

www.thesun.co.uk

The startling film has been leaked on the internet and UFO watchers reckon it could be proof of a government cover-up.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Please watch the video and lets have a discussion. Looks like some kind of government made craft to me. There a tail wind or that could be just the speed of the craft, im not too sure. But yet again, another sighting.

Can anyone in America check to see if this has hit there news?

Please S & F

Regards,

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
F-18 chase plane running after a jet powered UAV - a small one by the size of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
well there is exhaust.. so i highly doubt it is alien

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Yep think you hit the nail on the head!

reply to post by Night_Hawk_Uk

The fact they are both leaving contrails should tell you its likely not a UFO, I dont think I have seen a UFO report ever that mentions a contrail.

Also its from the sun lol, the tabloid rag that will say anything!

[edit on 8/9/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yeah UAV or a realy small spy plane,with contrails so there man made

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Chase plane flying with X-45A.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's pretty much a Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle technology demonstrator... i.e. to show that they could do it. Pretty awesome technology - I look forward to a similar type with more fire firepower, more range, and excellent sensors.

TheSun are a bunch of idiots for putting this up and not even consulting someone who knows the first thing about Aviation. The video was not "leaked", it was publicly released.

www.ufospider.com...

[edit on 8/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Looks a bit like this.

www.dancewithshadows.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

case closed - nice one

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Whats NASA doing making Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles???

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Whats NASA doing making Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles???

National Aeronautics and Space Administration, operates the Dryden Flight Research Center. It is pretty much where they test aircraft for experimental purposes. Aircraft the have tested include the X-15, Space Shuttle, and the Lunar Landing Research Vehicle. The X-45A in this case was built by Boeing Phantom works under the J-UCAS ( DARPA ) project and tested at the Dryden Flight Research Center (Edwards Air Force Base).

You can see all aircraft that they have played a part in here.

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

One of the cooler things they've done...

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

New type of rocket engine tested on top of Sr-71 (coolest looking aircraft ever built).

[edit on 8/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the links,I will digest them further when I can later tonight

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You can't actually see the smaller craft (in detail).

What I do see is a standard jet con trail (just like the jet fighter next to it.

Clearly this is a drone, either one given from the US or less likely, a home-built one by UK.

From all the UFO pic's vid's I have seen,none have ever shown a con trail.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Cool, more proof that "TheSun" doesn't do any type of research.

I will bookmark this topic so I can use it the next time someone posts something stupid from "TheSun".

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

While I concur with the drone theory I must point out there have been quite a few UFO reports in which exhaust has been seen coming from the craft, especially in the older reports from the 40s - 70s.

This was especially true of the cigar shaped craft, I recall one report which detailed the craft as trailing a mile long "glowing green" plume of rocket-like exhaust.

I could go on for days, it's actually not uncommon as a feature of sightings.

Contrails are a function of the plane moving through the atmosphere and creating clouds of ice vapors. It's not a function of the exhaust but of the various leading edges of the craft. It's dependent on temperature and humidity. The real question is why contrails are not seen more often in UFO reports? The lack of a sharp leading surface such as a wing or the existence of some sort of charged field around the devices make up some of the top theories on this one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

That's pretty interesting, could you please post some links to the accounts? I would love to read them in full, i often wonder if people seeing cigar shaped UFO's are seeing a plane from the side on. I have doubts of something similar i saw in my early teens, no contrail though...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

A google search of UFO + exhaust brings up quite a few cases once you get past the first couple of result pages where a product of that name gets in the way.

Timothy Good wrote about a number of cases during WW2 which were written up as official military reports. A large number of cigar shaped craft with exhaust plumes were being seen over Sweden and the military thought it might be related to the German V rockets or perhaps a Russian rocket of some kind. Investigators from the US and British armed forces were sent to check things out and found some interesting data which was classified fairly quickly (possible a crash recovery). Here's the google excerpt from the book (The Ghost Rockets):
alturl.com...

example case from NUFORC:
www.nuforc.org...

For some reason the Zamora case comes to mind, the small, egg shaped UFO came down like a rocket with exhaust plumes which left physical evidence on the ground according to the witness.

The cigar shaped UFO with the mile long, green plume was seen by quite a few pilots including military and civilian as well as people on the ground. I can't recall the specifics needed to retrieve it but it was a lengthy sighting with some very high level military witnesses reporting. I seem to recall it being sighted out over the Atlantic and then traced across several of the Eastern states and eventually up into Canada with both visual and radar detection.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by ecoparity]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by ecoparity]

new topics

top topics

join