It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany on Alert Intel agencies are swamped with threat warnings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In recent weeks intelligence officials in Germany have been inundated with a rush of terror-threat warnings, NEWSWEEK has learned. But investigators are not sure how much of the information is genuine, and suspect some sources are making up stories in an effort to scam money out of German spy and law enforcement agencies nervous about a possible attack in the run up to the country's Sept. 27 elections.

Intelligence that has been flowing into German counterterrorism units includes jihadist video messages, electronic "chatter," and information from informants who claim to have specific details about impending strikes. The video messages are among the most alarming indicators, said a European counterterrorism official, who like others quoted in this article, asked for anonymity when discussing sensitive information. Especially disturbing is the number of videos that make specific threats against Germany, the official said, noting that it is much higher than in the past.

newsweek

I notice they did not mention which terrorist group(S) they are worried about?

Home grown?
muslim terrorists?
False flag to allow draconian laws?
terrorist attack to influence the elections? The current government did nothing to protect you? The current government succeeded to protecting you?

*Edited to add reference link.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Where's the link to your source?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The link worked for me.

second line

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

newsweek

I notice they did not mention which terrorist group(S) they are worried about?

Home grown?
muslim terrorists?
False flag to allow draconian laws?
terrorist attack to influence the elections? The current government did nothing to protect you? The current government succeeded to protecting you?

[edit on 9/7/2009 by mrmonsoon]

BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst - German Intelligence Agency) is aware that Al-Qaida may be the strig pullers of a possible terrorist atack in Germany.
They know that a commando group consisting of 15 men - arabs, chechens, americans and 4 germans left already Pakistan heading to Germany.

So it's homegrown and muslim and...other....

IF they want to hit Germany as they did in Spain days before election...Berlin will be in flames, i'm sure of that...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Almost nothing in the news about this over here. Wolfgang Schäuble, Germany´s Interior Minister, has voiced in the past that there will never be 100% protection against terrorists, and that message has been repeated from time to time. The threat of terrorism is low as an issue during the current election campaign.

The last few days, the main story has been about the air strike ordered by Bundeswehr commanders in Afghanistan which took out those hijacked fuel tankers and roasted a bunch of Taliban and some civilians (not yet confirmed, but speculated about). I wouldn´t doubt for a second though, that as a result of the air strike, the BND has it´s hands full with warnings of all types.

80% of Germans reject participation in Afghanistan by the Bundeswehr. The politicians here have done a horrible job convincing it´s citizens that Afghanistan is important, yet they continue to support the mission.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by fockewulf190]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JFletcher

I did not know that.

Thank you for adding that information to the thread.

new topics

top topics

join