It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it Just a Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hello,

I am new to ATS so please be kind

I would like to talk about an experience I had as a child around the age of 5/6. I can specifically remeber A really vivid dream I had, or may had thought was a dream. I awaken from a dream within a dream in our home at the time in Columbia S.C. what woke me up still not known but I can remember walking down our hallway and into the garage, funny that the garage door was missing and replaced by some sort of glass, and on the opposite side of this glass were three ( as what we know now to be ) Grays'., Standing right in front of these three, there was no communication at all as if they were simply looking and/or studying something. As far as I remeber it was a quick dream around 3 minutes and then the next thing I know my mother woke me up for school. Since that moment I have had this gift musically picking up any instrument and learning it with no effort litterally, that gift even put me through College, and cannot be explained since before that dream I was never musically inclined or had any intentions to learn. I haven't discussed this with anyone in fear of being called crazy. The funny thing is what we now know as Gray's is what I experieced, and I was only 5/6 when this took place. Is this something other people have experienced when they were young? I am just now openly talking about this since it seems everyone in this community is open-minded.

Thanks for your time

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Some people believe in having "probable selves" in other dimensions. Basically, different forms of themselves in different points of time/space that have all of the knowledge of the universe stored within the "probable selves". It is common belief that visiting the "probable selves" can unlock any talent or information the person seeks. It's possible that the Grays you saw were in fact your probable selves, and upon seeing them your musical talents were unlocked. May sound crazy, but just a thought.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hartgrove
Some people believe in having "probable selves" in other dimensions. Basically, different forms of themselves in different points of time/space that have all of the knowledge of the universe stored within the "probable selves". It is common belief that visiting the "probable selves" can unlock any talent or information the person seeks. It's possible that the Grays you saw were in fact your probable selves, and upon seeing them your musical talents were unlocked. May sound crazy, but just a thought.

Thanks, I am Definitely going to look into that theory for some more insight.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hartgrove

That's very interesting. A few weeks ago I thought of the same idea; that in our dreams we visit other identities of ourselves or probable selves in order to learn from them. In my dream, I was in some type of caferteria with different friends, and I had a completely different identity and personality, but the strange thing was that my consciousness was still one and the same. It feels as if my consciousness exists inside different identities in different realities and dimensions in the multiverse, and in my dream I woke up in one of these other identities to observe and memorize everything I did and said as that identity, in order to learn something from it and apply it to my current identity in this reality upon waking up. That's exactly what it feels like.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Guru97

Since that moment I have had this gift musically picking up any instrument and learning it with no effort litterally,......

Hi. Nice thread.

Could you please define "effort" in this sentence?

For example, it took me approximately 4 years, averaging one to two hours a day on guitar for me to start to understand the instrument and music itself.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by Guru97

Since that moment I have had this gift musically picking up any instrument and learning it with no effort litterally,......

Hi. Nice thread.

Could you please define "effort" in this sentence?

For example, it took me approximately 4 years, averaging one to two hours a day on guitar for me to start to understand the instrument and music itself.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

Thanks, And what I mean by " No Effort" is when I first started I had no formal training and/or lessons in music/composing but every since that I have what some would call perfect pitch, and advanced cordination, fingerings for different instrument comes natural at first sight, even tone/articulation. Lets takes piano for instance, when I first sat behind a piano everything came natural, all I had to do was listen as to what was being played and I played it. Same for every instrument Brass, Woodwinds, and percussion especially strings. It was freaky and my parents and school teachers never could explain it. They've all told me I was a musical genious in a different life. ( never took it literally though )

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Guru97]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Guru97

Wow. That is a great gift you have there.

Four possibilities I can come up with off the top of my head are:

1. You were abducted and given insight into musical theory, harmonizing, etc.

2. You were once a previous musician in a past life, thus having a penchant for music now.

3. Assuming reincarnation is false, you are just naturally gifted; the dream some how signified change in your mind, change towards music.

4. Assuming reincarnation is false, you are just naturally gifted; the dream meant nothing.

Personally, I like #2 the best.

After almost ten years of being music oriented, if that's okay to say, I feel as if music is fundamentally just patterns, in which we create through evoking feelings/emotions at that particular moment.

If that made sense, let em know if you have a different vision or an addendum.

Anyway. ttyl

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I like the #2 as well, but maybe it is a mixture of the gray experience and past lives in some way. I have heard of babies talking before they normally should. And, you've likely at some point heard of people being able to speak different languages without being taught/

Past lives is a good theory, but who knows, maybe you were imparted the knowledge from your gray experience.

Troy

top topics

join