It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you mind sharing your spiritual story of how you came to know God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thank you all for reading and participating.

Welcome.

I am interested in learning how you came to know the lord. Whether it was a "I just knew", or a "I felt the hand of God and he spoke to me".

The purpose of this post is to try and understand the extent that God will go to reap what he has sown.

Thanks again. Please fee free to elaborate. I will not think you are crazy and i will not post any disagreements. I am on a mission to learn.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
God? or just a higher power? Back in my youth, in my drug days, I had a drug induced OBE. I was young and ignorant and faced with this moment my thought was just WHY?

The answer was swift and absolute, It was just, "Why Not, Eh?"

Was it God's answer to me or just another person's interpretation of that moment at that time? Who really is the devil?

If I may, the Lord is yourself, the creator is a whole different mattter.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by Conclusion

First off let me say that it's not the extent that God will go, rather the extent that you are willing to go.

As for my story, I was raised in a basic middle class bible belt living family. We didn't exactly attend church although I knew the story of Jesus at an early age. Around the time I was 12 or 13 I began reading different religous texts and examining what I had been told was "truth". My teenage years wererough, as are most. I went through a lengthy cycle of not knowing who I was, what my purpose was, and eventually I ended up questioning everything I knew.

I was roughly 16 or 17, I am not exactly sure when I had my first and only personal experience. This, IMO, was when I hit rock bottom. I was laying in my bed at roughly 10 pm and meditating heavily. I was deep into AP as well as dream recall at this point in my life. I was on the point of falling asleep when suddenly I had a physical stimulus(head a sound) that pulled me out of my meditative state, however, I was in some sort of drea paralysis state. I wasn't asleep and fully aware at this point.

I don't recall exactly what was said, but I did write it down. I believe I may still havethat paper somewhere. I don't recall the conversation at all although it is clear it was the voice of God speaking to me.

When I awoke in the morning my paper was sitting right next to me. At first I didn't even realise what it was. When I read over it I felt a very deep feeling of peace and acceptance. It was like in one fell swoop the 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle that was my life had been pieced together. It's hard to explain the sensation.

I hope my story is somewhat along the lines of what you were looking for. If it helps at all, you can by all means u2u me and I will see if I can find my paper.

Bless you friend,

a2d

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was raised by two hell fire and brimstone preachers of the Pentecostal faith. When I say I was raised in the church I mean that literally, when the doors of the church swung open I was already on the inside and the one opening them. My bedroom was above the chapel.

I never could buy it though. I just didn't believe as my parents did. I was always questioning and picking at this doctrine or that one, pointing out why it didn't make sense to me.

When I turned 18 and moved away the church celebrated my birthday with a party. I wasn't invited.

I continued my search though. I've always felt a strong calling from the spirit.

Then one day I realized I could hear the voice of God. I was learning not from a book but by listening to my own path, and the creator of all things.

I learned many lessons. Perhaps the most important was about wildflowers.

By losing religion and the dogma that goes with it I learned more about God than I ever could have in a structured environment. Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

wupy

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I understand what you are asking but wonder if you know how in depth the answer can be.

You are asking for a personal testimony. That's not to be taken lightly.

It would take several posts for me to tell you about my story.

I will share with you but would like you to invest something of yourself first.

Have you accepted Jesus as your saviour and do you have faith in Him?

It does not have anything to do with weather I will share with you or not. I just want to know.

Are you asking this to help create an argument?

I am always ready to share my love of God but refuse to throw my pearls before swine.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thank you all so much, very inspiring accounts.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you for posting. To answer your question, I am on my path right now. Jesus said only through him will we see the Father. I still have a lot to learn and i have alot of questions. I guess I am going through the was it real phase right now. My enlightenment came in a very strange way.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I had a vision. I was awake when it happened, not even at home. My consciousness was basically put into a white area. It was like the matrix loading room in that movie, there was just nothing, it was all white. No walls, edges etc. In front of me was like a being that looked like the sun basically. A golden like color.

I was asked if I wanted it to end. I said no, there is still good out there(kind of corny, but eh). But it wasn't like "me" that was answering, another deeper/part of me. And then I seen myself driving down the road from the outside, and then I was back to where I was in my body. There weren't any traveling moments or anything, it was instant. The entire thing happened in the blink of an eye in time here.

I immediately said - I am god and I am arguing with myself as a description of reality. Which is to say I recognized that the father was within me, as well as others etc. I didn't even really think it, it just came out and I just understood it.

I thought I was going crazy. But over the next month and a halfish I gained understanding about many things, and I had an entirely different perspective on the world. I was seeing things I never seen before, and whenever I wanted to understand something it was given to me, and then I would see confirmation in the oddest of places. It was like synchronicity at first, but after gaining the understanding I realize it just seemed that way. All that I was seeing now for the first time always was there, I just never noticed. Now I see what people do on like a subconscious level for lack of a better word.

Then about 3 months later I started to notice a few Jesus quotes here and there. I basically seen my experience defined in John 14. As I talked about the stuff, some people pointed out other things that blew me away on a deep level. I had never heard anything like this when I went to church as a kid.

Jesus did and said all that I had learned. I didn't think anyone had a clue about this stuff, and then I find Jesus talking about it of all people.

When it happened to me I didn't like religion at all, I was an agnostic. Before it happened I was pretty distraught about the world and started to question reality.

And then came the "Paulites" who started quoting Paul and telling me it was just my imagination or a demon and that I didn't understand Jesus. And then I read Paul, and I seen everything I learned not to do, and why I disliked religion so much.

new topics

top topics

join