It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we kill God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
With 2012 just round the corner and many prophecies predicting some kind of god returning and killing most of us. Should we even attempt to stop this happening if it comes true? Will the worlds governments launch an attack if possible? If we find a stargate should we destroy it before whatever made it returns?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What if this God is a group of aliens coming here to be friendly? Going all out and killing them wouldnt be very nice. I dont really know what to think of 2012, I have read so much and its all very confusing if you ask me. I dont think we should kill anything! Why not just welcome whatever comes with open arms? Whose to say 2012 is going to be all doom and gloom?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In Revelation, it is said that the armies of the world will gather in Har-Meddigo to fight one another. At this point, Jesus returns. They decide to try and fight him and lose, simply by the words that come from Jesus' mouth. [Of course, I'm not saying that Jesus will return in 2012, that's just an example that people will try to fight God once he returns.]

Even if a god were to return or appear in 2012, I suppose you could try to fight him/her. But, in seeing that they're a god, I would say that it's impossible to defeat them, because, after all, they're a god, and by definition, a god is above and at least more powerful than man. If puny man could defeat him, that wouldn't make the god so powerful now would it?

Why would you want to fight him anyway? From my point of view, any god that returns is a good thing because, each belief system says that when their dude comes back, it ushers in eternal peace. To me, that sounds like a good thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why would you want to fight him anyway? From my point of view, any god that returns is a good thing because, each belief system says that when their dude comes back, it ushers in eternal peace. To me, that sounds like a good thing.

Because most of us are not going to be the ones living in eternal peace. Almost all the prophecies say most of will be wiped out and only a few get to live the good life. Isnt this the same plan the the alleged NWO has? Its an evil, elitist plan.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

If my reply is irrelevant, please disregard it.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read your headline is, is it even possible? How does one kill God? Seems like a silly statement since you can't observe God with the five senses, how would you kill God?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I started a thread on this a while ago...

see.www.abovetopsecret.com...

It rapidly descended into flaming funnily enough.

I agree with the OP though, if there is a god(s) then why not war on them? Surely there's no excuse for idly allowing some of the most atrocious horrors that have occurred?

I say this as an Atheist, that if I am proven wrong and there is a god, then I will most definitely be fighting it - I'm doomed anyway. God isn't even as good as an alcoholic, abusive parent so far as I can see.

Edit to fix link

[edit on 3/9/0909 by jokei]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Its not silly

If god is this amazing invisible intelligence beyond what we call life then we havent got much hope of course. But if GOD turns out to be something solid and alive should we fight back?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Because most of us are not going to be the ones living in eternal peace.

That's not necessarily true. For example, in Christianity, the eternal state starts after the Earth is no more. In other words, the eternal place is a spiritual thing, more than a physical thing.

Almost all the prophecies say most of will be wiped out and only a few get to live the good life.

I can't speak for other faiths prophecies, but in Christianity, those that get wiped out when Christ returns don't follow him anyway, that is why they try to fight him. So, naturally, they wouldn't be allowed to enter the eternal (peaceful) state. Those that are believers in Christ's Gospel don't perish when he returns.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Im not an expert in these matters but doesnt the old testament say only the jews will be saved?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Maybe God is like a big fairy and if we stop believing he/she/it will just disappear? if that fails a .357 Magnum should do the trick.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

lol how do you kill god? I suppose you could find a brain dead person, give them a psp, and use satins army to kill god... Then you could probably reward them with a Keno Reeves Statue!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Makes me wonder if there is some sort of contingency plan for Armageddon.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You can stab the corpse again a few times if you like, but I don't think it'll do anything.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c350dc181d9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No, the Old Testament doesn't say that. In fact, there are examples of Gentiles in the Old Testament obtaining favor in God's eyes, such as Abraham (he technically wasn't a Jew), Ruth (a Moabite, who interestingly, is an ancestor of Jesus), and Rahab (a Canaanite in Jericho who helped the Israelite spies). The over arching idea of the Bible, which is seen in the Old Testament as well as in the New, is that we need to come to God through faith in him, on his terms. This is seen in verses such as Habakkuk 2.4:

...for the righteous shall live by his faith.

That being the case, anyone can come to God and obtain salvation.

There is a phrase in the New Testament, which is what you may be referring to, in John 4:22 that says:

...for salvation is from the Jews

This phrase doesn't mean that only Jews can be saved. Rather, the verse says that the means of salvation would be provided through the Jewish people. Which, according to Christianity, is what happened—through the person and work of Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Jew.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Let me know how that works out for you. The idea of even being able to kill our Creator is quite difficult to assimilate.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

Let me know how that works out for you. The idea of even being able to kill our Creator is quite difficult to assimilate.

Is it really that difficult to imagine ? There are people making life forms 1000's of times more simple than humans in labs every day that could kill us off in no time at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Im not sure i agree with your interpretation of those passages but i will agree that they dont say 'only the Jews will be saved'.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Youŕe assuming that there is only one god. But why? Why can't there be a pantheism of gods and goddesses? Why do you narrow yourself to just one? I must admit, the more there are, the harder it gets to kill them.

Besides, I think that god(s) are not the ones that will destroy mankind, it is more likely that mankind will eventually destory itself.
Man is always victimizing himself, blaming all evil on third parties (preferably Satan and its alliances) but I believe that we all are dualistic creatures and that evil can be found in all of us. Acknowledging that and taking responsibility instead of playing victims, gives us the tools to try and change that. Maybe then we can find a way to stop the world from going down the drain eventually.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by DarknessFollows]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by DarknessFollows]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessFollows
Youŕe assuming that there is only one god. But why? Why can't there be a pantheism of gods and goddesses? Why do you narrow yourself to just one? I must admit, the more there are, the harder it gets to kill them.

Besides, I think that god(s) are not the ones that will destroy mankind, it is more likely that minkind will eventually destory itself.

Thats a good point it would be just our luck to kick Gods ass just to have his big brother and a few friends turn up to avenge him

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That would be quite a surprise!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join