It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents upset over 'leftist propaganda' video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Clear cut propaganda. It can't be argued, denied, or condoned.

And if this were a video pushed by the right indoctrinating kids that 'war is good' 'pledge service to Bush' - oh, the yells and screams on this site would likely blow the curcuits in every computer.

Ashley D had it right on the mark. There's no arguing the point - just splitting hairs.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Well I guess the "Impeach Obama" movement now has legs.

Oh well then walk that bitch around to Joseph Biden or Nancy P

Lets do it!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I was informing some people of the "Oathkeepers" in the military and Law Enforcement, and they gave me some scary news!! I guess there is also a movement or possibly even a bill to change the Oath that our military takes. They want to replace the word Constitution with President!!

That will be the final blow if it passes! I haven't searched for its authenticity yet, I had forgotten about it until I saw this Thread. I will try to find some confirmation now.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

This is the oath we use now. Putting President in place of Constitution would make it sound odd and not really needed. We already swear to obey his orders.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Its a well made propaganda film, polished and using celebrities that younger people can relate to, weird with subtle messages. Imagine if this pledge was to the constitution! But no that is the one option that you are never allowed to hear.

At 2;52 a guy says intelligence not ignorance, oh the irony.

I would say most in that little film are millionaires, many have had drink or drug problems have been cocooned in a hollywood lifestyle and have little intention in following through with their meager pledges. Why dont they pledge half their salaries, make a real difference, rather than " i pledge to say heelo to my neighbour" means as much as "I pledge to wipe my bum after taking a dump"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm not the presidents GD personal servant.

I pledge to reject offers to join the SS.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

My position is that if Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher want to pledge themselves as a servant to the spaghetti monster, there's very little that I care less about.

Servant: : one that serves others ;

Harpo productions put that crap out BH, thats OpRAH!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c89b88cdafd2.jpg[/atsimg]

So don't tell me he didnt know about it, you bet your ass he knows about it and probably was on the phone with her Godessness all the time.

You have any idea what she does for Obama?

You got to know she thinks she was a big reason he got in office. You got to know she consulted with him on this video and OF COURSE he isn't going to put his own name or endorsement on it because he has got something much better to push this GARBAGE, he has OPAH! OPAH WINFEY.

I like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony,

I'd like to Die for the Pre-si-dent and make us all commies,

He's the real thing BARRR RACK,

what the world ought to beeee

com-mu-nis-tic

Jeeez I liked HER better then she was the Aunt Jemmima lady.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I am SO glad I went to school when we actually learned things that were useful.

Not watched presidential campaign videos. "Be the change" indeed.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This subject really has nothing to do with me as I don't live in the USA, but feel I have to comment.

If this video had been shown in my childrens school I would be irate, imo iit is patronising the young, and has subtle brain washing, the "I pledge to serve Obama" is unsettling, does your President really want a nation of nodding heads??...yes of course he does.
I would never tell my kids to serve our Prime Minister he is here to serve us,..not that he is doing a very good job of it at the moment.

This is the kind of subliminal messaging that the Facists and the Communists used to put out.
Amongst all the dong what most of us should any way, is a message that Mr President knows best serve him and your country without question, be good little children and never question the establishment.
Politics stinks everywhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
*Attempts to channel Rupert Murdoch*

Wait... he's not dead yet... I guess I can't participate here yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Honestly, though. These celebrities were not telling anyone to do ANYTHING. They were simply stating what THEY would/will do.

Sure, it is a crappy choice for a school setting. But for the most part these celebrities are saying what THEY will do, not telling anyone else to do anything. For us, this should be entertainment. Although for them, I hope they stick to their "pledge," and "end slavery for 5 million people", and help out old people.

So WHAT if they pledge to worship Obama's every step and word?

I think this video was simply in poor taste for a school setting, but has nothing to do with indoctrinating kids.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Why do I feel like I suddenly went back in time to Germany in the 1930s or Russia in the 1920s? Oh yeah, because we saw this kind of leader worship and blind obedience to the state in both of those places.

Heil Obama [clicks heals]

Ein Reich
Ein Volk
Ein Obama

Next up; Obama's Young Pioneers coming to a school near you!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I just wanted to show a beautiful propaganda photo that I just saw on the BBC website:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Lets associate the man with people he has no ties with!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Imagine being forced to wear something if you didn't agree with the message.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That would be completely nuts!

This whole thing is insane. I will not pledge to any one single person. I pledge to myself and that is it! My mom works in an Elementary school I will have to call her today and see what she says about this and if they are showing it in her school....If I know my mother I know she wont be happy about this and refuse to show it in her class.

S&F

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They are too late in showing this to kids. They have been shown this over the last few months on Disney Channel, but in a different form.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well that was bothersome to watch...the part that really got me the most was at the end when they said they pledge to be a servant to the president. Does anyone know who made this stupid film?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeannaHolland

When you show something like this to children , and they see stars and idols saying these types of things what do you think will happen? Do elementary school or even middle school children have the mental wherewithall to be able to say," this is just propaganda, I am my own person"? No. Most children want to be like the people they idolize. that is the nature of indoctrination. To get a message across at the earliest , most impressionable time in one's life to minimize the ability to objectively rationalize a point of view.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yes, I've been urging my daughter to programming on channels other then Disney and Nickelodeon. Nick is worse in my opinion.

Remember all the commercials on Nick during the elections?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Why do I feel like I suddenly went back in time to Germany in the 1930s or Russia in the 1920s? Oh yeah, because we saw this kind of leader worship and blind obedience to the state in both of those places.

Heil Obama [clicks heals]

Ein Reich
Ein Volk
Ein Obama

Next up; Obama's Young Pioneers coming to a school near you!

Cause Glen Beck has been programing your mind for months on end???

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I was informing some people of the "Oathkeepers" in the military and Law Enforcement, and they gave me some scary news!! I guess there is also a movement or possibly even a bill to change the Oath that our military takes. They want to replace the word Constitution with President!!

That will be the final blow if it passes! I haven't searched for its authenticity yet, I had forgotten about it until I saw this Thread. I will try to find some confirmation now.

It has always been in the oath of enlistment

Oath of Enlistment

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join