It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Fascinating Natural Phenomena You've Never Seen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Those clouds are actually Pledian weatherships, doncha know, and they are using the CLOUD COVER ITSE-*gets hit with a rock*
Ow. I have seen Auroras (thought it was some sort of terrorist attack, it was RIGHT below the mountain line in western NC), and got to be well within striking distance of a group of waterspouts that ate a navy ship. Or tried to.

One neat phenomena I have personally experienced is hearing meteors 'whizz' by- I have read up on it, and scientists are completely baffled as to the how. I like the 'how it sounds'- just like tiny Roman candles.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venetian
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but is it possible that the "hum" is actually the noise coming from underground installations? You may have heard similar hums when near or inside a large building - the noise of tube lights, fans, A/C units, electricity lines, etc. Some of these locations correlate to known/suspected bases in the same areas, e.g New Mexico and Arizona. Just a thought.

It's not a 60 Hz electrical hum.. and not everyone can hear it... even then its not like you hear it more like you feel it... here in New Mexico the hum is not just in Taos we have one here in Albuquerque too... another in Socorro and one down in Los Cruces what do all of these places have in common?... they all run along side the Rio Grande River

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

This is something I came across this morning before I read your post. I have never heard of these cloud formations before.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

haha what? pledians? keep it on the DL we dont want people knowing this sensitive info!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrwrinkleintime
.... The tatooed face guy in the hum vid was what really got me... Why oh Why.. ?

that should have made the list imo, just " that face tattoo'ed guy"...im not sure how the description would read but i would imagine it would have something to do with a middle aged stripper named Bessy.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The first picture for Supercell is fake as far as I can tell. It's the same on both sides.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is freaking amazing!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Really enjoyed this - thanks for posting....

How amazing nature can be!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Awesome, thank you very much for sharing.

Star and flag.

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

how can you be sure? could you post a real picture in that case if that picture is somehow doctored?

to my knowledge all these pictures are of the natural phenomena in question, and are taken first hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I remember about 8-10 years ago in NE Pennsylvannia we were getting Auroras, red and green and in thin bands.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The one that really interests me is the sailing rocks.
That one is hard to explain.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by daveinok]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've seen the Aurora before, but some of these are so awesome. I love those clouds, I have to go look them up some more.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
]Such amazing pictures, its hard to believe that they can occur on this planet. Many of them, mostly the Clouds just look Extra-terrestrial. Simply amazing, another thing to add to that list could be the Patterned ground often found in permafrost area's.

Probably not the best picture I could use in all honesty, but still pretty cool I thought to say this happens naturally just because of frozen water underground and such.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Thanks, I've never seen much of what you showed especially the clouds and the supercells.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i think the sailing stones are moved by a massive but tiny army of ants that stay under it for shade lol i dont know..great post i havent seen hardly any of this.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthQuake
i think the sailing stones are moved by a massive but tiny army of ants that stay under it for shade lol i dont know..great post i havent seen hardly any of this.

or an army of lawn gnomes s that is using an advanced alien cloak field

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Yeah, the sailing stones fascinate me.

I wanna get one of those stones and see if I can train it to be my pet rock.
Sit, stay... Noooo. I said stay!

Lost.. Pet rock... Reward Offered.

Thanks for sharing...

PS: I don't think it is the wind moving these stones as I would expect the paths or trails to be blown away or covered up w/ sand.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
wow, who knew- thanks OP I love these type of threads

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

S & F! Thankyou so much for that.

Just getting tired of the negative thread.

I was just saying something along those lines - let us appreciate our beautiful world!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join