It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Expected to Moderate Meeting Between Netanyahu, Abbas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Obama Expected to Moderate Meeting Between Netanyahu, Abbas

www.foxnews.com

President Obama is expected to moderate a meeting between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in late September, a discussion that could lead to the resumption of peace negotiations, Israeli President Shimon Peres told FOX News.

In an exclusive interview, Peres said plans are for Abbas and Netanyahu to meet at the end of September at the United Nations.

Watch Bret Baier's interview with Israeli President Shimon Peres Monday at 6 p.m. ET on "Special Report."

"Yes, I think they will meet by the end of September. President Obama will c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I will be amazed if this actually happens. I would be even more amazed if anything actually came of it. I don't think I'm alone in my expectations for this to be fruitless. Perhaps Obama should focus on his own backyard before worrying about stepping in and solving a problem between two foreign nations. (So much for a non-interventionist foreign policy from the Obama boys.)

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah I really don't see this ever going well. It would be better if he concentrated on ACTUALLY delivering on his campaign promises.
Of course that would be Change we'll probably never see.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the fuhrer negotiates a seven year peace treaty between Israel and her enemies. Time is running out!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Oh Oh

when was the last time this happened?

Oh ya it was the Oslo Accord
what came out of it?

Well it was annual payments to Israel and Egypt(mostly Israel) to maintain peace.

So in essence, they paid them to to peaceful... Is that peace?
Instead what happened was...........
And what they used those annual payments for was.......

I'll leave you guessing!

top topics

join