It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't Anyone At All In Washington Held Accountable For Abu Ghraib??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
President Bush VS. Female PFC England!!! ----

Why are Bush and Rumsfeld so hell bent to make scapegoats of enlisted personnel at Abu Ghraib, when there is no doubt whatsoever that officers in entire chain of command from the prison to the White House Oval Office are responsible.

Why doesn't anyone in the Bush Administration ever accept responsibility for any of the daily tragedies to American Military Patriots in the Middle East?

The Abu Ghraib Trials are most certainly a condition of total political panic and CYA by Bush et al. that makes him look even worse than they already do, and even more a disaster in leadership leader.

Why don't WE DEMAND an investigation of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and flag officers in Washington chain of command first. Why not start at the top, instead of the bottom of the chain of command???

"Salem Witch Trial Burning at the Stake" of enlisted women and men first is an act of cowardice by the Washington bunch, and another betrayal of the heroes and patriots who are risking their lives every day in Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz's War in Iraq where heroic military are dying daily even though WMD have never been found. Is anyone going to be held accountable for that???

IF AMERICAN MILITARY HAD FOLLOWED BUSH'S VIET NAM PATRIOTISM ROLE MODEL, NO AMERICAN MILITARY WOULD BE IN IRAQ TODAY

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by orang]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You are exactly right,

Although the military committed the crimes, some people were saying on the radio that they were controlled by some suits in Washington, probably with the CIA.

But the guys at the bottom will be the scapegoats..

However don't forget, that Washington knew about this MONTHS ago, and didn't do a thing, its supressed from the top.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Because this administration takes repsonsibility for nothing. They are like children. "I didn't do it." "It wasn't me." This is their modus operandi. Its time to get ADULTS BACK in the White House.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why wont they take responsibility? BECAUSE THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW!

So it seems to me that anyone who is above the law, cant use the law to protect themselves.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Let me just play devil's advocate here for a second...

Could it possibly be because the criminals are enlisted men and women in Abu Ghraib, and the Washington suits are, well... suits in Washington?

If somebody shoots you, you don't sue the supervisor of the gun factory.

Blaming Bush and Rumsfeld for the misguided actions of a few soldiers at the very bottom of the chain of command just doesn't make sense. Please, think about that.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
with something that big and sooo many people involved, u can't tell me that 'they' thought that this would never get out?! this is on such a large scale...makes me think...'what is the bigger picture?' were they really getting alot of usefull info out of the the prisoners?? so far nobody in the 'high places' that knew and/or ordered it have been named...just all the lower ranking people.

what's the bigger picture?? maybe to demorilize and begin causing a fracture between enlisted and officers or some other groups, maybe certain factions within the u.s. govt and military. to possibly cause more internal turmoil within the u.s. govt and military.....and to obviously cause more hatred and distrust of u.s. military/govt/forgien police, to cause more internal turmoil....to fan the winds of some type of change, possibly unannouced change..not neccisarily by the u.s. administration but maybe an 'entity' within the govt...something to think about........what's the bigger picture???

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey there are 1000's of pics and videos. This is NOT some small isolated event.

If each pic = 5% of events that happened, as a guess, just how many people and events actually happened? We are looking at organized abuse, and a culture of abuse that comes from the top.

Originally posted by Xenographer

Blaming Bush and Rumsfeld for the misguided actions of a few soldiers at the very bottom of the chain of command just doesn't make sense. Please, think about that.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Could it possibly be because the criminals are enlisted men and women in Abu Ghraib, and the Washington suits are, well... suits in Washington?

If somebody shoots you, you don't sue the supervisor of the gun factory.

Well Xeno, you tried to be a devil, but that didn't work well at all did it.

I know even you don't believe the denials you used, that Washington uses all the time.

Boondocks and Doonesbury actually have a better perspective anyway.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I heard there was over 1800 pictures taken. I too think this must be orchastraited from the top. If it was just a localized event, you could expect maybe no more than a couple rolls of film.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Someone want to explain why they were taking photos?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

... Blaming Bush and Rumsfeld for the misguided actions of a few soldiers at the very bottom of the chain of command just doesn't make sense. Please, think about that.

Thst's not playing devil's advocate. That's ignorance. Look at all the evidence, watch the autonomous body language of your leaders, read balanced coverage rather than swallowing the Fox rubbish, and make informed comments.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orang

Why are Bush and Rumsfeld so hell bent to make scapegoats of enlisted personnel at Abu Ghraib, when there is no doubt whatsoever that officers in entire chain of command from the prison to the White House Oval Office are responsible.

Please provide proof, or facts, to back up this allegation.

Why doesn't anyone in the Bush Administration ever accept responsibility for any of the daily tragedies to American Military Patriots in the Middle East?

Why don't WE DEMAND an investigation of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and flag officers in Washington chain of command first.

You can go ahead and demand all day long. It's your right; nobody is stopping you.

"Salem Witch Trial Burning at the Stake" of enlisted women and men first is an act of cowardice by the Washington bunch, and another betrayal of the heroes and patriots who are risking their lives every day in Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz's War in Iraq where heroic military are dying daily even though WMD have never been found. Is anyone going to be held accountable for that???

To let those soldiers that were responsible off the hook would be betraying the troops that are doing their jobs heroically, every day. To conduct a thorough investigation, and then bring those responsible to justice is the correct thing to do.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by orang]

From Netchicken:

However don't forget, that Washington knew about this MONTHS ago, and didn't do a thing, its supressed from the top.

This is not true. BG Kimmitt made it publicly known on Jan. 16. Members of many different media outlets were present when he made it public. There have been six separate investigations launched since it was made public.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
OK folks I give up, let's try another way since obviously Washington politicians do consider accountability to be a cultural value:

Maybe we need a new game show in America, to give We The People more clout to put more pressure on the politicians, something like "WE THE PEOPLE: Is this politician a Hit, or a Miss?"

The fact is that in this fast paced world of the internet today, that increasing numbers of politicians need to have job performance reviews every six months to weed out the disasters that are costing too many lives and blowing too much money and promulgating too many bad laws without having to wait of elections.

It's definitely time to put Bush on this show first, along with his hideous SecDef and VPOTUS. Then people can call in, or e-mail, to decide whether they should be allowed to continue passing the buck or not.

In short, let's replace congress with We The People games shows, and restore American Democracy before we lose it to the existing Autocracy before they turn it to Cheney-Halliburton Fascism which is why we are in Iraq instead of exterminating the Al Qaeda first.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Let's hope our Bush and Rumsfeld know what their soldiers are doing!!
Commander and Chief???
All I have to say is........"The Buck Stops Here""

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
Let's hope our Bush and Rumsfeld know what their soldiers are doing!!
Commander and Chief???
All I have to say is........"The Buck Stops Here""

Good Thought Nicolo, but yesterday Rumsfeld said that American Democracy is transparent to the world and the world will see that we have "no coverups." Also remember that Bush exclaimed in his Pinnochio faux outrage at Lay and Cheney type corrupt CEOs that they must be held accountable for cheating shareholders and taxpayers.

But Neither Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al. Accept Any Accountabililty Whatsoever, Ever, and Are Once Again Worst Case Scenario Role Models Themselves,
AND BUSH'S MOTTO IS: "THE BUCK NEVER GETS INTO THE WHITE HOUSE"

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
THIS JUST IN, BUSH AND RUMSFELD COVERUPS EXPOSED:

U.S. missed chances to stop abuses

By Dave Moniz, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON � Pentagon and White House officials missed numerous opportunities to head off abuses at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison, according to interviews, testimony and public documents that have emerged since the scandal erupted last month.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Bush's Plausible Denial Order to White House Staff and Cabinet:
NEVER SHOW THE PRESIDENT ANYTHING HE WILL NEED TO SAY HE NEVER SAW, HEARD OR TALKED ABOUT

Bush's Best Defense is Always: "No One Told Me"
(even if it was in the newspapers and on TV)

new topics

top topics

join