It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi journalist who hurled shoe at Bush gets early release for good behaviour

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140 I guess its okay to assault our Presidents. I wonder if anyone throws a bottle or a rock at Obama if they would only serve less then a year in jail?
Hilarious! Why stop the escalation in your post @ "a bottle or a rock"? Why not several of each, or some daggers?
Personally I thought the incident was hilarious. I'd love to have had the opportunity to throw stuff @Bush &, if for no other reason than that billions of humans would have too, the man in question deserves all the kudos he gets.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Fair enough....

On topic.

I'm glad the man is safe and healthy. Good for him for expressing the way he felt. It was a good thing he was able to get away with it under the present Iraqi Government and live. Under Saddam he most likely would have been shot, gassed, hung or had his hands cut off or worse he could have been raped by one or both of his sons.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I do not believe that stoning, hanging and torturing the man would have been right just as much as I do not believe he deserved to be beaten and jailed. He would have gotten the sharp end of the sword in either circumstance. Both are wrong and I can not find any excuse to justify either.

Good on the man for having the balls to stand up for what he believed in, I am overjoyed his pain is now over and that he can look forward to many celebrations with his fellow countrymen whom have made it known their great support for this Iraqi.

[edit on 30/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Here is a Hint:

Replying to an Off Topic Post, with an Off Topic Post is still....

Off Topic...

Let's stay on topic shall we?

Thank you

Semper

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
But honestly, hurling a shoe, was the greatest disrespect, although he stood for what he did, he meant physical harm, to a leader of a country.
I would say it'd be close to people claiming we should go to war!

I think that everyone can remember and appreciate the video of Bush ducking for his life

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Republican08]
It was just a shoe, I think he would have lived if he had been hit. A bloody nose is the least he deserves.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Imagine if I threw a shoe at Obama.

There would be "shoe-gate".
I would be labeled a racist.
A birther, a truther, a nazi right-wing nut job.
I would be thrown in jail.
People would scream for my head to be placed on a pike surrounding the White House.
My taxes would be audited.
My family would be plastered all over the news.
Neighbors would be forced to disavow me.

Nice to see it when the 'shoe' is on the other foot.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im also glad the man is ok and he could be released

Personally i think the man should have reward medal or something because he dared to do what a country couldn't do in 8 years

If more people out there could throw their shoes to their goverments this world will be definitively a better place

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I am extremely happy that he is out, he is a hero to the supporters of the constitution. In his country that was an expression, in our country the freedom of expression is our first and most cherished rite. Harra for those who have the guts to truly express them selves. And shame on all Americans who don't support our constitutional rites. I am a proud American.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominuz Im also glad the man is ok and he could be released Personally i think the man should have reward medal or something because he dared to do what a country couldn't do in 8 years
If more people out there could throw their shoes to their goverments this world will be definitively a better place
I love this idea! The Order of the Golden Shoes! With Bronze, Silver & Gold Moccasin Clusters for hitting a 2nd, 3rd & 4th world leader!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I guess its okay to assault our Presidents.

I wonder if anyone throws a bottle or a rock at Obama if they would only serve less then a year in jail?

If it was only that... I read a while ago that the shoe thrower apparantly was beaten so badly he suffered a broken arm, broken ribs and internal bleeding.

While chuuckling at the video (the expression on the bush) as it broke on my TV screen I kind of suspected the shoe hurler would be, "shown the error of his ways" but I hoped not

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The man should have got a medal....and some new shoes for life. Anyone thinking Bush...any of them...are good people needs a few shoes thrown at them too. I am glad he is out...and sad he was beaten. That was one brave man.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Since the shoe never actually hit Shrub, I doubt that this qualifiesa as an assault. More likely a disorderly conduct type misdemeanor. Who the hell spends 8 months in jail for throwing a shoe!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The thing is, this guy threw a shoe at a visiting head of state. It's not the same as doing it to your own president. If I throw a shoe at Obama, I can expect to get stomped pretty hard, maybe shot, certainly imprisoned for a good, long time. That's as it should be - he's my president.

This reporter threw his shoe at a head of state of the country that had illegally invaded his own country. I'm actually surprised that he spent as long in jail as he did, though I guess that the Iraqi PTB had to pretend to be outraged at the reporter, blah-blah-blah. I doubt there were many Iraqis who felt the reporter did anything wrong, including the puppets we've installed to run the country. We're an invading army in Iraq. No one in Iraq likes us. No one is grateful to us for freeing them from Hussein. In fact, Hussein's dictatorship was all that kept the Sunnis and Shi'ites from slaughtering each other. Once we leave, guess what? Civil war, thanks to us. All we've accomplished is we've destabilized the country and turned millions more people against us by killing innocent civilians.

I'm glad Bush wasn't hurt. I'm glad this guy has been released from jail. I'm sorry we ever set foot in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I think the real story is had he thrown a shoe at Sadam before the war, would he have been alive one hour later? I wonder if he considered that? He was siding with insurgents who were butchering innocent Iraqi civilians was he not? That was his whole point and who he was trying to impress. How soon people forget.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I just wanted to ask...did anyone else find that video of the reporter throwing the shoe intensely hilarious?

I was practically on the ground rollin...

Gotta admit though... Bush had some decent reflexes, eh?

Too bad he didnt have the balls to demonstrate them on the battle field...to, to, damn bad...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

LOL

There have been some fantastic posts in this thread and I've been Starring like mad

But yours about 'gold, silver, bronze' shoes and moccasins ....

I LOVE it

Ps: the shoe-thrower is a hero in my family's eyes. As others have said, he alone got up and did it in person, regardless of punishment

His family and friends and he himself have every reason to be PROUD

<< 1  2    4 >>

join