It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grendel Firemountain : Humans Taste Like Raspberries?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The morning sky was a deep azure, the likes that young Eliza hadn't seen before. She was wandering through a rocky field with a bucket of raspberries, after having told her mother that she would come right home after picking them. All of a sudden an object fell to the ground about ten yards from her and another five yards from a twisted old oak tree, startling her from her daydreaming. Eliza was at first scared out of her wits.

She had never seen an object fall from the sky. After what seemed like an eternity, Eliza fought back the fear she was feeling, her curiosity had gotten the best of her. Approaching the small hole where the thing had hit the hard surface of the rock strewn field, Eliza noticed a bright, shiny object the likes that she had never seen before. She laid her hand on the gnarled oak tree that her father had told her was at least five hundred years old. Whatever could it be, thought Eliza as she peered into the hole from a short distance away.

Squatting down, she noticed as she stepped forward that the golden colored object was half buried in the hard earth. Setting down the hand woven basket, she bent over the hole and began digging around the object, only to end up un-earthing a goblet of pure gold, covered in emeralds, rubies, diamonds, and sapphires. Her jaw dropped in amazement as she cleaned it off on her dirty dress, wondering to herself how anything so beautiful could possibly find its way out into a field in the middle of the country side, let alone fall out of the sky.

As Eliza stood up, she heard an odd rustling noise like many, many canvas cloths being unfurled rather quickly. Turning to look up at the sky as she reached down to grab the basket full of raspberries, Eliza saw that the sky had become dark suddenly. Knowing this was an odd occurrence, she turned to run home and just as she took her third step in the direction of the small hovel her family called home, the world went totally dark for Eliza.

Looking at the sky as he leisurely observed the vast mountain range ahead of him, Grendel realized with a start that he had something stuck in his teeth. Using the six foot long, razor sharp talon of his left claw, he reached up to pick his teeth lazily. Peering down at a field, tasting the last morsel of his brief snack from before waking up from his year long nap, he noticed a small tree standing in a field with a small human walking towards it. He looked away ignoring the insignificant being.

Then all of a sudden, Grendel noticed a flash of gold in the human’s hand, and rapidly beat his wings, making them unfurl to their full length. “That piece of small treasure belongs to me, and I shall regain it” thought Grendel. Recognizing the goblet as one that he’d been hoarding with his amassed treasure for nigh on five thousand years, Grendel chuffed smoke as his speed increased so rapidly he knew he may have trouble stopping before he ran into the ground.

Swishing his tail to the side, the tip curving like a small ships sail, he maneuvered his dive so he would sweep in close to the old oak tree. Opening his mouth, Grendel swooshed past the tree as it was ripped from the ground by the sheer momentum of the wind of his passing. Strange, thought Grendel as he swallowed…the small human tasted of raspberries. He belched flame a few hundred yards long, and continued to climb effortlessly to the height of the thermals he had been riding only a few moments before.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow, I was all engrossed and loving the story...until he ate the little girl...
Please tell me your going to continue the story and Eliza is ok...being held in the back of Grendel's throat in a protective sack or something....

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I was laughing pretty hard at your reply.

The whole library turned to see who was laughing.

I wrote that quite some time ago, it was sitting in my thumb-drive.

I'll see about continuing the saga but alas, poor Eliza, she was eaten, a mere mortal lass.

You might like these other short stories I wrote though.

Ripped From The Headlines : Another Day In A Christian Paradise? Part 1(LSWC)

The Iraq War With A Lemonade Stand Theory

Roasting Sheeple Through Innocent Poles and Sweet Grassy Knolls

FYI : I love the avatar, hubba hubba.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks, I will read these asap! This is a good story, I especially loved the descriptions of the tree. I look forward to reading more!!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Really enjoyed that one, SKL. Too many happy endings in stories. Of course, I suppose yours was pretty happy, for Grendel. He got his stuff back.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Thanks.

I was wanting to go into so much more depth with that story.

According to Greenize I should finish the story and Eliza should survive.

new topics

top topics

join