It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Mayor Hailed as a Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Some of us are old fashioned. We believe that it is our personal responsibility to intervene when we see someone being wronged. Apparently the Mayor of Milwaukee is one of those old fashioned guys, and he stepped in and got beaten up pretty bad, but he did the right thing.

Milwaukee Mayor Hailed a Hero

Milwaukee's mayor said Wednesday his decision to intervene in a domestic dispute got "very ugly" quickly but he did what any good citizen should have done.

Tom Barrett spoke for the first time Wednesday about being attacked by a man as he attempted to help a woman and her 1-year-old granddaughter near the Wisconsin State Fair on Saturday night. The popular 55-year-old mayor suffered a shattered hand, got two of his teeth knocked out and had gashes on his face and the back of his head.

Sounds like he took one heck of a whoppin' from the 21 year old...but you have to salute him for putting himself in harm's way to do the right thing and protect a woman and child.

I wish we had more Americans who didn't sit idly by while they watch people be wronged.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I saw this briefly on tv.

All I can say is, I would vote for him.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I heard about this. I think that what he did is something that we don't really hear from other politicians. All and all, it really made me think.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
He is not your average politician thats for sure!!!

Wish there were more like him!!

S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Not your average modern politician at all. Between him and David Patterson, Governor of New York, I think they are the last of the genuinely good, honest guys in politics. If I lived in Milwaukee, Tom Barrett would have my vote most definitely.

new topics

top topics

join