It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hello ATS-ers!

I've been gone for a little while, but now I have returned with more food for thought (though this is like a pea to a scotch egg compared to some of the things on here!
)!

Right, whilst on holiday I had this dream (the thread is not about the dream by the way): I was sitting outside a cafe drinking coffee. Inside (in the flat above) a Turkish family were being held hostage by Tobin Bell. The place blew up and I viewed (from first person) myself flying into a wall and falling to the rubble covered ground. I looked up at the blue sky and suddenly felt extremely tired; My eyes closed of their own accord and suddenly this white light burnt them away before what I can only as assume as my soul bursted out of my body (uh, with a lot of pleasure :L) and fell towards a churning white sky.

Anyway, the dream aside, this is what I've been wondering: As an Athiest the idea of God and Heaven and Hell makes my heart sink, because to me it's a bit OTT, but I do believe in the "Circle Theory" that I made up (mostly). Basically there is this thing called the Force (not to be mistaken with the Force from the Star Wars films) and it dwells within everything, the electricity in the circuit if you will, and it is what causes infinite repetition. It is also what keeps you alive; if anything organic/alive dies of unnatural causes then that thing has not used its force to its full potential and the individual force of that lifeform creates for its host a new universe, an exact copy of the previous one, only the host is alive and not dead. When you do die the Force finds a new host and you are not there anymore (in that particular physical entity, and although all of your knowledge and memories are active in the force no matter what it is controlling, the creature can never access them because that would overload their brains.)

Thankyou for reading! (If you didn't I'll understand!) What do people think? If I have repeated someone elses idea/s then I am sorry.

Ramadwarf on The Force Of The Circle

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

So kind of like Reincarnation? I always wonder if that was true or if perhaps when we die maybe a peice of our soul is sent somewhere else and we are back in Earth again.... I wonder if somewhere in our brain is the key to unlocking this mystery.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

That is exactly what I'm saying: in our brains is the knowledge of ALL things, because that knowledge is bound to a certain limit, meaning it can be stored in an organic brain; The only thing is it is in the Force, but I believe that if someone/thing accessed it the reaction alone would be enough to kill them/it. Or atleast send them mad. It is a sort of reincarnation though, and yes I reckon that it is all locked in our brains somewhere!

Ramadwarf on reaction to action

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
maybe.. but why would that entity lose all of their memories and information gathered in their lifetime after they die. Im sorry but this theory is a bit to convient for me. And your "spark" sounds alot like a soul mr. aetheist

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker718

I do believe in the soul (not in a religious sense, but the spark, if I remember rightly, is the force bringing to life a life that has previously existed infinitely in the past and infintely in the future, and slowly feeds the creature its memories faster than it thinks so that it acts them out in the exact same manor as before). There is no God, but if you want, because we all share the same uh, uh, yeah, we are God. Wait, the Force is God, but not in a god-like way, in a systematic, scientific, nessessecity(?) for survival sort of way.

Mr. Athiest on assuring readers this has nothing to do with religion

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker718
maybe.. but why would that entity lose all of their memories and information gathered in their lifetime after they die. Im sorry but this theory is a bit to convient for me. And your "spark" sounds alot like a soul mr. aetheist

For me I feel you take all your knowledge and experience with you and leave the shell behind to go somewhere else on new adventures.

Leaving behind the possessions you instead take your mind, memories and experiences gained with you instead

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Basically, reincarnation.
Anyway, for the most part, as a believer in the spirit, you're not so far off base. The spirit is essentially electrical in form.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

What I am saying is that spirits and souls don't really exist; What is individual is the creature itself, and what makes us alive (the force) is an energy source- sort of like electricity eh? Imagine you have a mobile phone. On this phone you have 50 names and numbers, several images and a recording of me playing the guitar (
), but there is no batterie in the device. You have all this information on something that cannot work, but when the battery goes in suddenly the thing comes on and everything can be accessed wonderfully. That is what I am getting at: lifeforms are mobile phones full of information that need the Force in them to get them going.
What makes us conscious is mass produced and totally unindividual, whereas we are not.

Ramadwarf on gettinig ready for his job in the phone shop

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
One more thing: please, forget the reincarnation part of this, because it isn't reincarnation. You only live once, just infinitely. You don't know that so you can't take advantage of it, the reincarnation part of it is minute, it is all about time, existence and infinity, the life part is just a tiny portion of the 'circle theory'.

Ramadwarf on the circle theory

top topics

join