It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

so then, according to network dude. any one doing the research,
then possesing the answers to your line up, would then be lost? i'll save you some time. see this is what i mean when i ask people to think
before they post. of course they wouldn't be lost.

network dude

and by the way, anybody who thinks they know the answers to your questions are lost. nobody knows why things are they way they are. They just are. Some have faith that things will work out, and some don't care. Arguing with anyone about why God does what he does, would be like asking me how anti gravity works. I might give you an answer, but it will be wrong

i'm thinking you may want to revise?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

Katerna is spot on. The bible calls for adulterers to be stoned to death but I don't see a lot of the christian right being pelted with rocks.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by brygivrob

It is not God that is doing all the bad stuff. It is Satan.

Well there you go, let god take it up with Satan and we can all get along just fine, no more worries or bad stuff.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

But.... cheer up. You got your pound of flesh out of Yahweh when you harassed, tortured, and crucified Yahshua. The life that you believe to be futile and pointless was so perfect... so right..... that Yahweh Himself lived as one of us.

One can only assume that this rant can only be understood by an xtian or a Lego brick.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this Thread. Don't you get it people!?! You have to work a lot harder for your answers than to think you could possibly wrap God up in a convenient tidy mental box. Think "context" and "motive". It should free your mind up.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Circle]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Yep, that's "your reality".
Have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this Thread. Don't you get it people!?! You have to work a lot harder for your answers than to think you could possibly wrap God up in a convenient tidy mental box. Think "context" and "motive". It should free your mind up
shhh oh man you spoiler.
although i could not even think of a better way to say it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The whole adam and eve thing seems a little dodgy as well. God must have intended for adam and eve to sin. What would have happened if they hadnt? God seems to want people to learn and appreciate the world.. but then if either of them had not gone near the dodgy tree/snake ensemble.. they would have never sinned and therefore would not learn as they wouldnt know any bad stuff. So it seems a little weird that God punished them, and everyone else for doing something he must have wanted them to do in the first place.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

it's actually more like this:

GOD: Guy named Enki, just say no.

ADAM AND EVE: Ok.

ENKI: Hey, if you come to my place, you will learn to make weapons and how to use them, medicines, control the elements, write and play music, learn language and writing, you'll be as powerful as GOD.

ADAM AND EVE: Cool. Where do we sign up?

ENKI: Right this way. (they are ushered through the gates of paradise)

ADAM AND EVE: LA LA LALA LALALA. (go through gates to nasty dry iraqi desert)

ENKI (to gate guards): Don't let them back through. Comprende'?

GATE GUARDS: Righto Boss.

ADAM AND EVE (to Enki): THIS PLACE SUCKS! WHERE ARE THE TREES, THE FLOWERS, THE FRUIT, THE BIRDS AND THE ANIMALS... JUST NOTHING BUT ROCKS AND DIRT! (Adam grows steadily more irritated at the situation)

ENKI: Welcome to Earth. Right this way. Carlos over here is gonna teach you how to forge metal. Your first step into a larger world! Isn't it exciting?!

ADAM AND EVE (watches as a worker goes by, covered in black soot, scarred from hot forged metal accidents, disheveled and apparently not very well fed): YOU WANT US TO DO WHAT? If that man is indicative of the quality of life here, we prefer to go back home!

ENKI: That ain't gonna happen. This is your new home now.

ADAM AND EVE (look at each other and frown): Well what about accomodations? Where's the big knowledge of GOD and all that?

ENKI (laughs and walks off shaking his head)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by moocowman
One can only assume that this rant can only be understood by an xtian or a Lego brick.

Well then..... might I also assume that you are a hybrid who knows his time is short. Whiners were the first who rebelled against Yahweh.... "nothing new under the sun" here in this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
God has choices, as well. He chooses whom He will. Obviously, many of you were not chosen by Him. You are thus, on your own and condemned to live with your sorry self. This IS the hell you deny exists. Yet you prove your misery by wasting your time trying to debunk what you say you are convinced does not exist. Truly, the way of a transgressor is HARD! Much learning hath driven you mad. You have created your own reality! Have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

al
all though it would be nice, if things were this simple.i'm afraid it isn't
more like this. i mean God is a guy called God because we do not know
his name. hence the whole I AM THAT I AM there for tell them I AM
has sent thee. when Moses asked," who shall i tell them has sent me
o lord"?

it's actually more like this:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG
Originally posted by moocowman

Well then..... might I also assume that you are a hybrid who knows his time is short. Whiners were the first who rebelled against Yahweh.... "nothing new under the sun" here in this thread.

Lol another problem right over here. The only thing you left out was AMEN. Why if a person thinks differently to you must they be whiners? God made us in his image. Careful you might anger the greatest whiner ever

Yeah about Amen...Undo does the Amen from the book of the dead(god) have anything to do with the christian end of prayer??

[edit on (19/8/09 by RankRancid]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

What sort of hybrid would that be my good friend ?

So, do you have any evidence of this rebellion against yahweh ?

Don't you find it interesting that there 's no mention of this rebellion to Adam and eve ?

If yawhwe is the creator of all that there is, where did the impetus for the rebellion come from, one of the other gods that ywhweh is jealous of perhaps ?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

true, provided you don't read the rest of the bible.
but if'n ya read it all, and do so, thoroughly, you find out he
has several names, which is true for jesus and all the
angels, gods and so forth. God is a very generic word but it's
actually from the german Gott. In the original language it is EL.
ENLIL was Jehovah.
LIL became IL
IL became EL
EL became AL

Add a "B" and it's an Enki title.
No "B" and it's an Enlil title.

Those two are a'feudin. Big battle. We got caught in the middle of it and got shanghied to work in the mines in the building of Pyramids and Ziggurats and various temples from South America to China.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

God created the Universe in 6 days... he rested on the 7th

We all know that a day in the life of God is not like our days

We have all seen that there appears to be no sight of him..

What if this is STILL the Seventh day of God?

Now what will happen when he goes back to work Monday morning and sees what a HELL of a mess the monkeys made while he was napping?

Boy will he be pissed

Told this to a Monseigneur once in Little Italy in Toronto... he turned white as a sheet and said "My son... where did you get such a notion?"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

Yeah about Amen...Undo does the Amen from the book of the dead(god) have anything to do with the christian end of prayer??

There would appear to be a very strong case for the entire Genesis, Exodus episodes to be alluding to the forced exile of the priests of Akhetaten.

This would appear to have occurred under the instruction of the Pharaoh Ay ( Adonay ?) whilst reinstating the the old pantheon of gods of egypt.

It goes without saying that, should this in fact be the case, then Amun (Amen) RE (Ra) would turn up somewhere in the xtian cult.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

God has choices, as well. He chooses whom He will

Now that's ridiculous, how can something that is everything, not be something ?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You do realise that Zecharia Sitching has been plausibly debunked here on ATS several times ?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RankRancid

that's a good question. i keep meaning to do an etymology on that but haven't done so yet. i know what strong's concordance says though
www.blueletterbible.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join