It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen points to Iranian backing for rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yemen points to Iranian backing for rebels

www.reuters.com

SANAA (Reuters) - Shi'ite rebels in Yemen are receiving financial support from abroad, a government spokesman said on Tuesday, strongly implying Iranian involvement in an armed rebellion that has flared up in recent weeks.
Yemen said earlier on Tuesday that it wanted to arrest 55 rebel leaders and that fierce fighting was under way in northern Saada province, a rebel stronghold -- a day after the government said it was close to ending the uprising.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If this is true, the hypocrisy of the Islamic Republic of Iran basically justifies the lack of trust the west shows that regime with regards to the nuclear issue.

Surely if they will arm and support Muslims to kill other Muslims in a Muslim country, they will surely lie to the world and convertly pursue atomic weapons to use to attack Israel.

What I find most disturbing is this monsterous behavior passes for piety in their country.

www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88
Surely if they will arm and support Muslims to kill other Muslims in a Muslim country, they will surely lie to the world and convertly pursue atomic weapons to use to attack Israel.

www.reuters.com

As opposed to the West arming and supporting Christians to kill Muslims in multiple Muslim countries?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Or amring the nicaraguan contras, or supporting Pinochet, Saddam Hussein, Sha of Iran, Qaddafi, what an ignorant thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Well this thread is for either ripping on Iran or defending their hypocrisy and barbarism. However, I would certainly like to hear more about the USA arming native Christian populations to attack and kill their Muslim neighbors in foreign countries.

I don't think I have ever heard that accusation.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

reply to post by TheSam

Well this thread is for either ripping on Iran or defending their hypocrisy and barbarism. However, I would certainly like to hear more about the USA arming native Christian populations to attack and kill their Muslim neighbors in foreign countries.

I don't think I have ever heard that accusation.

2+2

[edit on 19-8-2009 by TheSam]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Thanks for the contribution, but I'll have to watch it later. About to head to the gym and get jacked.

If this is about the British, however, don't get me started on the British.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If this is true, the hypocrisy of the Islamic Republic of Iran basically justifies the lack of trust the west shows that regime with regards to the nuclear issue.

For one, this has nothing to do with nuclear weapons or power.

Secondly, what business is it of the West when they do it a hundreds times more, especially when they finance and supply weapons to rebel groups within Iran?

Well this thread is for either ripping on Iran or defending their hypocrisy and barbarism.

Wait, there's no positive discussion in this thread on behalf of Iran? Gee, did I step into the wrong place

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

top topics

join