It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge earthquake on the way?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by Stargate2012

Well you've said the same stuff in like 6 different threads.

You got to expect somebody to say something about it eventually.

Like 3, but I don't know how many people out there read it on this site or pay attention. I guess a few do.
Nobody really commented on it before or asked how and why, so I assumed nobody cared.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

I'm new here, but I thought you might find the visual interesting.

Check out this link:
quake.usgs.gov...

I'm watching this too.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This increase in earthquake activity has been increasing gradually for the last few years, as the volcanic activity has also. Go to the USGS earthquake history and you will find there has been an increase 200% since the year 2000. This remarkably correlates with the rise in global temps.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Also has anyone noticed all the activity for central California yesterday. that much activity is exceptional for one day.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Also has anyone noticed all the activity for central California yesterday. that much activity is exceptional for one day.

Oh yea - we're noticing!
Colorado - North Carolina - and 2 in Canada also
The planet is busy.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Haven't felt anything shaking here in Charlotte, would be interesting to though.

Not bad shaking, just a rumble lol.

I'll let ya'll know if I feel anything!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, I did say yesterday that the next earthquake would be in the northern Philippines (see my earlier thread here), but it turned out to be in the southern Philippines...close enough...

The news this evening says the following:

MANILA, Philippines (AP) - An official says a magnitude 6.5 earthquake has jolted at least five cities in the southern Philippines but says it was too deep to cause any damage or tsunami.

Philippine officials said Sunday that there were no immediate report of injuries.

We just had another one in the Philippines and in Papua New Guinea. There have also been more new ones in California. Who knows, maybe Japan will also get another one tomorrow or so. We just had another one in Taiwan also.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
As I predicted yesterday, Japan had two earthquakes today. A 5.0 in the morning and a 4.5 in the afternoon in the Japanese waters.

The next one will probably be in the Pacific Ocean east across from the Philippines.

They do say typhoon encourage earthquakes...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
ya know folks , not all small quakes lead to bigger ones as we have seen at YS , ect ....

for example that 5.2 in keeler Ca apparently did not set off a bigger quake near it , but im still being optomistic

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ya know folks , not all small quakes lead to bigger ones as we have seen at YS , ect ....

for example that 5.2 in keeler Ca apparently did not set off a bigger quake near it , but im still being optomistic

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
..and still they keep coming

WASHINGTON, Oct. 7 (Reuters) - An 8.1 magnitude earthquake struck off the northwest of Santo, Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Wednesday.

The epicenter of the quake was located 232 miles (373 km) north-northwest of Santo, Vanuatu, at a depth of 20.5 miles (33 km), the agency said.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Galactic cosmic rays hit 50-year high

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bfd552cddae.jpg[/atsimg]

Galactic cosmic rays have just hit a Space Age high, new data from a NASA spacecraft indicates.

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19 percent beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," said Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The surge, which poses no threat to Earth, was detected by NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

NASA says these pose no threat to earth...then how do they explain the abnormally high level of volcanic activity in recent years...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
NASA says these pose no threat to earth...then how do they explain the abnormally high level of volcanic activity in recent years...

I have been having a fight in these forums over this, and similar threads with some members who were claiming nothing would happen.

About 2004-2005 i reported that NASA and ESA had found that there was more interstellar dust entering the Solar System, but they were claiming this would not affect Earth in any way.

I posted back then that if more interstellar dust was entering the Solar System it is only logical to know the fact that more charged particles, and even plasma, etc would be entering the Solar System, all of which do have an effect on the dynamics of the Solar System.

I even posted research articles which CLEARLY specified that if the Solar Sytem was entering a new region of space where there is more interstellar dust, charged particles etc all of this WOULD AFFECT the Earth.

Back then NASA was even stating that the amount of interstellar dust entering the Solar System would be increasing exponentially every year and would peak in 2012, when it would level out.

TPTB don't want people to be alarmed which is why they claim this will have no effect on Earth, but we know differently heh? More so now that we know other things are happening, and it wasn't only more interstellar dust that has been entering the Solar System as i stated years ago in these same forums

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i found a great program for checking up on earthquakes : Global Earthquake Explorer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join