It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange star in the sky?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by extr5
I have noticed this same or similar light for the past month.
Ive paid attention to the morning sky for decades and this seems unusual......I'm viewing it from Orlando, it is eastern 10 15 degrees off horizon at 5:15 a.m. hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity, where is this object in relation to Venus or Sirius? How bright is it compared to Venus or Sirius?

At 5:15 AM Venus will be 10-15 degrees above the horizon at slightly north of east. During that same time Sirius will be 10-15 degrees above the horizon a little bit south of east. Here is a STELLARIUM screenshot to use as a reference.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ef5ec6f6fd9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't even think everyone is talking about the same star here, I think people have just decided that one star is "odd" to them for what ever reason. They also seem extremely reluctant to grab a star map and tell us where to look.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
OK, I'll jump on, here is my vid. The general concensus on this list (from another thread) seems to be Jupiter. Sorry about the shakiness, I don't have a tripod. I am just curious about two things: Even though I have a shaky hand I attempted to keep the camera pointing straight ahead as best I could so to me it seems this planet moved kinda fast to the left of the screen and I guess I should mention that when the thing travels across the evening sky, it moves in the opposite direction. I have watched the sun drop over the horizon however and I suppose it does move just as quickly to the eye. Also I am curious as to why it seems to go in and out of focus as I didn't change the focus at all as I was recording. I am sure that is a photography 101 question but I'd still like to know.

Edit: Oops, I put in the link wrong. Sorry
here is the hyperlink www.youtube.com... until I figure out how to place this correctly.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by glad_to_be_His]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The star I saw and still see when I look up in the sky looks more like a little police light with a few extra colors.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've noticed this myself the last couple of weeks, it seems to flicker a lot more than others, with flashes of red and blue mingled in with the starlight.

Anyway, after just spending 10 minutes sitting in the garden with my laptop and a copy of Stellarium, it appears to be the star Capella.

Google for "Capella flickering" and you'll find a link or two explaining this phenomenom, along with a couple of YouTube videos and such.

Move along now, nothing more to see here...

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Lozzo]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The past three nights, I've seen this same star. I'm in Central Illinois. The first night, it was to the East, just above the tree line. But here's the weird part. The next night, it was in the western sky, just above the tree line, at exactly the same time of night as the previous night. Moon was in the same position, but star was on the exact opposite side of the sky. And tonight, it's out there again, right now, but out to the East again. What is it? Stars can't translocate like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
teslaandlyne (7 seconds ago)

A light that floats in the air or a craft that makes the air light up.
I think some kind of high voltage air craft, not necessarily making
plasma but making the surrounding air light up.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Try to drive around the star:

The alarming degree to which many people have become brainwashed is demonstrated by the fact that these saucers are in plain view at night, yet most people ignore them, accepting them as 'normal'. Many younger people (below forty) have never seen the sky any other way. Yet, in many cases, the behavior of the saucers is so outrageous, that only a fool would accept them as "stars", "planes", or "helicopters". They hover for hours, blinking, wobbling, flashing, meandering, beaming out multi-colored lights, and often jumping or shooting around, while numbed-out, intimidated, brainwashed people refuse to allow themselves to believe there is anything extraordinary or unnatural about them. I once pointed a large one out to a neighbor, as it hovered over a nearby government bombing range between Galisteo and Santa Fe. We then drove from Lamy, to Galisteo, across a dirt road to State Rd. 14, up to Santa Fe, then back to Lamy. We drove completely around it, while continually viewing it, yet afterward, my neighbor refused to allow himself to believe he had seen anything other than a 'star', even after I explained how and why one cannot 'drive around' a star! Another characteristic I noted while viewing saucers many times, as they flew right over Santa Fe at night, is that they appear to imitate small planes, but they seem to have a problem with moving at the speed of a normal plane. If they move too fast, they make brightly glowing, tell-tale streaks, so must move 'too' slow to disguise this (about 20-30 m.p.h.), below the stall speed of a light plane. Some of the strobe-like flashes are not stabilization systems, but are used to hide the faint glows of the saucers' hulls. Also, the fact that it takes a 'slow-moving' saucer too long to pass over Santa Fe, while making no noise, is another dead give-away, especially when a saucer just 'parks' for a half hour or so over the southwest outskirts of Santa Fe.

Page 172 from 'Pentagon Aliens"

Going too slow or too fast or blinking lights seems to be the
Chinese lanterns again.
ED: Not so, Tesla craft is the way to go.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've seen this same star for about a month or so.I noticed it one night about 3 in the morning.Im in central Indiana and every night its been in the east from where I am.I've been wondering what it was ever since I saw it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
the changing of colors has to do with the earths atmosphere. you can learn that in any college astronomy class.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I just joined this site after finding this thread after having been trying to find information on these lights in the sky.
Living in north-western Montana this summer I saw these lights frequently. For a period of, I am estimating, 2 weeks we saw at least 4 of them in the sky everynight around 11 or midnight. We first noticed them in August. They ranged in location in the sky, though each one was in generally the same location every night. They would move slightly and sometimes dissapear and show up again in a slightly different spot (this being on cloudless nights). Anyway, the first night we saw them, and on subsequent nights, we viewed them through telescopes. Among five of us who viewed them we all agreed that they were like nothing we have seen before. None of us were very knowledgable on stars or the night sky, but observing different lights in the sky we determined that these colorful flashing lights were at least nothing like the other stars and planets. As a side note, I viewed Jupiter through a telescope at a later date and it looked nothing like these lights. Through the telescope they looked like an almost perfect circular shape with an area making a cross through the center which was not illuminated whatsoever. The non illuminated cross formed four quadrants on the circle which were the parts that lit up. Inside the quadrants was a grid on which the different colors of light moved, the colors moved very fast but it seemed they were moving only on this grid (the grids pattern looked kind of like a very cluttered circuit board, if that makes sense.) The colors would change and at times only one color would be present. The object would move sometimes, they would kind of rotate and you would get to see them at different angles. Anyways, that's what we saw; if there were only one I would probably believe when people say it's just a planet, but like I said, we would see at least 4 every night, sometimes 6 or so. This was in Babb, Montana. Everyone who saw them through the telescope could not comprehend what these lights were.
I should also add that I saw what seemed to be the same lights in California not three weeks ago, in a town outside of San Francisco while going for a night hike.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have lately been seeing an object, looking exactly like the ones in the posted videos, in the sky over Estonia. It has appeared in the south-west sky (viewing from 58* 24' 07.53'' N 24* 30' 16.59'' E - according to Google Earth) during most of the clear nights for a month or so.

At first, I was convinced that it is a star, despite its flickering being nothing like I have ever seen before and the fact that it keeps appearing in almost the same spot everytime and suddenly disappearing when all the surrounding stars still remain visible.

I am quite convinced that the object is not a star. I am not sure if this topic has been discussed in an another thread or not... at least I couldn't find any (I am fairly new to this site). I think this topic should siriously be looked into, because something like this just demands for a reasonable explanation.

Apologies for the possible spelling and grammar mistakes.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm going to toss my hat in this ring instead of a different thread. This is what I've noticed. The stars are different for this time of year. There is one star that at this time of year, I'm sure it's a planet actually. Jupiter or Venus I believe.
It's not there this year. At least not yet. It's been there since I can remember. Every spring. I would always wave to it when I noticed it. Say something like," Hello ol friend". I miss it. That's how I know, something is very a miss right now. Kept it to myself til now.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
The past three nights, I've seen this same star. I'm in Central Illinois. The first night, it was to the East, just above the tree line. But here's the weird part. The next night, it was in the western sky, just above the tree line, at exactly the same time of night as the previous night. Moon was in the same position, but star was on the exact opposite side of the sky. And tonight, it's out there again, right now, but out to the East again. What is it? Stars can't translocate like that.

I'm so glad ive seen this thread! I've been going on about this "star" or whatever the hell it is for months now. Exactly the same as mention in the OP and the above. Its twinkling lots of colours but really fast and it seems to move so quickly from one night to the next! I've tried taking photos but 1) I look like a pervert pointing my phone/camera at what looks like peoples bedrooms as I wait for my lift to work (on nightshift) and 2) my camera is rubbish!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Most likely Sirius, or dog star. It's our closest star, after our sun.
It changes colour and twinkles a great deal, probably more than any other.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Most likely Sirius, or dog star. It's our closest star, after our sun.
It changes colour and twinkles a great deal, probably more than any other.

Really? I thought Alpha Centauri was the closest star(s) to earth.

Actually, I just looked it up and this chart shows Proxima Centauri as being the closest star to us.
It would make sense then that this star would be the brightest in the night sky, right?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sirius twinkle and changes colour and it is very clear in the night sky just below orion's belt

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
stars can translocate, can even make 90 degree turns , question is what are stars. are they living beings or matter?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2011 by yets777 because: double post

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I would have said the space station, it was doing it's disco thing wednesday night when we had that weird smoky smell still going on, but an otherwise lovely night. I don't have a telescope though unfortunately & I suppose you guys have more of a clue where this thing is in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join