It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan passes 'barbaric' law diminishing women's rights

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Afghanistan passes

www.guardian.co.uk

Afghanistan has quietly passed a law permitting Shia men to deny their wives food and sustenance if they refuse to obey their husbands' sexual demands, despite international outrage over an earlier version of the legislation which President Hamid Karzai had promised to review.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/8/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wow... is this serious? This is practically legalizing rape and sexual abuse within a marriage.

More from source:

"It also effectively allows a rapist to avoid prosecution by paying 'blood money' to a girl who was injured when he raped her," the US charity Human Rights Watch said.

This is a violation of human rights.
This is a violation of womens rights.
This is not the kind of justice we want for any nation.

ATS, thoughts?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When are people going to learn...this is NOT America...these people DO NOT think like us, want to think like us, don't give a $#&* about what WE think, etc....

This is how they choose to live....this is what they want. When WE as a nation try to intervien we are called every name under the sun by our own citizens.

Bottom line is this...if WE as a nation try to get involved to help the people/women of this country, stop bitching about WAR. And if you don't want us over there fighting and trying to help them, then stop worrying about what laws they pass and how they treat THEIR people. You can't have it both ways....like many want it on ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't believe that the women there wish to be treated this way. No woman deserves this kind of treatment. Who in their right mind would want this? I don't care where they are from or what their beliefs are, it is wrong. It is barbaric in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
This is how they choose to live....this is what they want.

Yeah, the women WANT this law.
They WANT to know they can starve if they don't grant the husbands sexual wishes.
They WANT to be less than human.

I believe they would want the mentality you hold to never ever breed. So do I.

Edit to add:

Hmmm:

Originally stated by Rob Williams, aka:rcwj75
Most important to me is my relationship with GOD. My faith WILL NOT waiver and I will never change my love for Jesus Christ

So, is this what your beloved Christ and God wish on these women? That they should have the right to FOOD taken away from them if they don't pacify the husbands dominance?

Typical God fearing male-dominant gun-toting grunt.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It is the very same as catholic religion. YOu can't deny your husband and your not allowed to use contraception.

Funny how people are enraged by this but don't advocate on the behalf of all the rape and domestic violence victims in the US.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It is the very same as catholic religion. YOu can't deny your husband and your not allowed to use contraception.

I believe there is a major difference. That being - are the women/men of Catholicism following this creed by devotion to their (flawed) religion, or has the Vatican imposed it as law?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Honestly!
How different is this to create a capitalistic society forcing women from economically challenged areas to prostitute themselves or work as an "exotic dancer"?

How much rights does that woman get to have?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

When are people going to learn...this is NOT America...these people DO NOT think like us, want to think like us, don't give a $#&* about what WE think, etc....

This is how they choose to live....this is what they want. When WE as a nation try to intervien we are called every name under the sun by our own citizens.

Bottom line is this...if WE as a nation try to get involved to help the people/women of this country, stop bitching about WAR. And if you don't want us over there fighting and trying to help them, then stop worrying about what laws they pass and how they treat THEIR people. You can't have it both ways....like many want it on ATS.

rcwj, you know I respect you, but I believe you are wrong on this one.

If we were actually at WAR with Afghanistan we wouldn't be sending in aid. We would cut off all aid and let them all die like the dogs they are... then go back through, remove the bodies and start fresh.

No the reason we are there is simply to maintain our military presence. Which I'm not against.. but we should kick some serious ass when these kind of human rights violations occur.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from on this issue and I think people are being unnecessarily harsh towards your views. Yes, according to our principals (the West) and our views of morality, this law is nothing short of despicable. The problem is that the country in question is not part of the West and us in the West do not have the right to tell other countries/civilisations how to act or what is right.

And the poster is absolutely right. So many people on here want it both ways but it is just not realistic.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Yeah, the women WANT this law.
They WANT to know they can starve if they don't grant the husbands sexual wishes.
They WANT to be less than human.

I believe they would want the mentality you hold to never ever breed. So do I.

Hmmm:

Originally stated by Rob Williams, aka:rcwj75
Most important to me is my relationship with GOD. My faith WILL NOT waiver and I will never change my love for Jesus Christ

So, is this what your beloved Christ and God wish on these women? That they should have the right to FOOD taken away from them if they don't pacify the husbands dominance?

Typical God fearing male-dominant gun-toting grunt.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by Misfit]

Obviously you didn't understand what I meant...of course the WOMEN don't want this, I would hope, but the law makers, the men, the people IN CHARGE of that nation and its WAYS are the ones who want it. And who is going to stop them from carrying out such idiotic laws/rules???

And from your quick reaction to this supposed gun toting grunt, I see your much more logical then us men right..lol.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Same respect for you HH....but think about it, if we DIDN'T send in aid and did what we needed to, to actually change the country, and NOT be putting up smoke screens, could you imagine the outcry from everyone?

If you WANT to change the way these people make laws, degrade women, etc...it would be VERY messy and VERY drawn out. Just like iraq...we are TRYING to bring are views and way of life to people who basically tell us EVERYDAY...F OFF...

Why they choose this way I have no idea...but when you have people willing to kill their own daughters, their own babies, and family members because they didn't look right, they liked a white boy, they thought America might be fun to visit, etc....you just need to see the reality of that....and realize that it WILL NOT change without a COMPLETE overhaul.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

of course the WOMEN don't want this

Passive-aggressive are ya? First it's a blanket "they", now it's not?

I see your much more logical then us men right

With that, you certainly come off as one whom is so male-dominant oriented that since I have the opinion that most males are of that mindset, I certainly must be a woman.

LMDAO !!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Passive-aggressive are ya? First it's a blanket "they", now it's not?

No its called having to EXPLAIN and break things down for those who 1. read into stuff, 2. don't clearify, and 3. tend to already have their minds made up no matter what ANYONE says.

With that, you certainly come off as one whom is so male-dominant oriented that since I have the opinion that most males are of that mindset, I certainly must be a woman.

Again, you of course can have your opinion, no matter how wrong it is!

[edit on 8/16/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Jeez, why in the world does America or any other country have to dictate what laws a country can pass and what laws they can't?? I thought that we "liberated" the afghans, not enslaved them.

Okay, well, it's an American definition of "liberation", not the one in the dictionary. And they get the American definition of "freedom", ok, I get it now.

I don't see why we have to shoot folks up and take them over because of what they believe. That's like what folks to do to me in America, because of the color of my skin.

I don't care what law some other country passes, because that's their business!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA. I put this right up there with the 72 virgins myth invented by the propagandists in DC.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So ..our soldiers are there to stop terrorism, stop the drug trade create a democratcy and help build an infrastructure!!??????..that is what we are told..and there is not a blink of an eye that I have heard from the the upper echelons!!!

Seems more to me this is just a backlash against the west...

And ...our countrymen are sent to die for this mentality...??

The resources we have spent on this crap is staggering....the money should have been spent on protecting OUR borders..that way there would be no need to stick our noses in...the culture and mentality is alien to the west....let the lunatics to get on with things..things would have settled down..eventually!

I imagine if we just left them alone ...given time ..there would eventually come some stabilty!!

I believe this crappy war will never end ..and the more the west imposes its values.....the lunatics will just get worse!!....because these people don't give a bugger about their own peoples lives..they will be Martyrs for the cause..starve your wife ..that is the will of Allah...the man made a mistake..they are martyrs!!..difficult to deal with that mentality for me!!

And above all.... how dare our governments do sod all when they do this crap on women!!

I find garbage like this disgusting!!

And all I can say is get our men out of that hell hole!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This only shows the level of mentality, in my book this puts them only slightly above a Dog. Their Muslin belief has become preverted, to a level of intellect of snifing each other rear ends.
Molesting both young girls and boys.
I don't think would see this in Mecca, but I have never been there to know for certain.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Another reason why a security force should never allow a popular government. NATO should've imposed a government and law upon them - saved a lot of trouble.

Puppet executive was the best solution. United Nations thought otherwise

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Just a minute ..nothing wrong with dogs..they are mans best friend and I know that from experience!!..

Savages...thats all !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join