It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Finally Fires Lou Dobbs[Op Ed]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think I just figured it out!

The two most current topics here on ATS funny enough

[edit on 14-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I blanch at his anti-immigration rhetoric but applaud him for taking the government to task on the issues facing the middle class.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No More Talk Radio Hosts on CNN?

Exclusive: TVNewser has learned, and a CNN spokesperson confirms, that in his morning editorial meeting today, CNN/U.S. president Jon Klein asked his show producers to avoid booking talk radio hosts. "Complex issues require world class reporting," Klein is quoted as saying, adding that talk radio hosts too often add to the noise, and that what they say is "all too predictable."

One of CNN's longtime show hosts, Lou Dobbs, hosts a daily radio show. A few political contributors also host radio shows including Bill Bennett and Roland Martin. They are presumably not affected by this.

But this means other talk radio hosts who appear regularly on CNN, probably won't in the near future including names like Stephanie Miller, Michael Medved, and Ben Ferguson.

> Update: Roland Martin stopped hosting his show on WVON last October when he became senior analyst for the "Tom Joyner Morning Show."
."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Everybody has their opinion. I hope you are wrong.

He and Glenn Beck were almost the same to me. Hysterical. There is a difference in stirring up ideas, and spreading propaganda. He went overboard with parading his personal opinions and beliefs as urgent national issues. His agendas were transparent to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If Fox follows the same route as CNN then Brian Killmead, Napolitano, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly will be gone.

Hmmmm, anyone mapping this trend?

Or am I just being a silly conspiracy theorist?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Makes absolutely no sense what so ever. The same thing goes for Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Micheal Savage, Bill O'Reily. Not a single one of them cared when republicans AND democrats alike took our rights away with the "(UN)Patriot Act" and grossly enlarged our deficit.

Apparenlty, it's okay when republicans do it, but not democrats.

Leave Michael Savage out of your lump of,

so called conservatives.

He is one who Did Care(and does care!) and voiced his opinion concerning the un-patriot Act! Go back and look it up or call him and ask.

He is not and never a mouth piece for the Rep. party, period.

Just look and see who signs all these guys paychecks.

You have to listen to the guy for more than 5 minutes to see, he is the only one(#3 rated radio talk show in the country) that is talking the truth and fighting for his, and our lives. When I started listening to him many yrs ago I didn't like Savage that much at first, though he made me think, weather you agree or not.

Read the article about him in the New Yorker (July 25, 2009), yes a liberal magazine!

Any time you mention the Rep and the Dem word, I shut down like a nuclear accident!

They both are the same pile of s#@%, crap!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The story was orginally posted by Chris Ariens of tvnewser. He used to be a MSNBC news producer before taking the gig as editor for Tvnewer.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Erm, why are you saying that to me?

I didn't write what you quoted.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There is no doubt that Dobbs was over the top on a lot of stuff.
But I actually enjoyed him most of all of the MSM puppets.

Anyhow, same with all of them, if you don't talk about what you are told to talk about, you are gone.

Glenn Beck will be gone from FOX before long also. Mark it down.

A theme that has been running through my head lately is just HOW DEEP does this go, and is it all directed?

For instance, the other day I was listening to a local radio station and these morning guys (now these are just dudes at a local radio station and I do NOT suspect them of 'following orders') were talking about the healthcare protests.
One of the idiots tells a story about how he went to a local hospital and got an itemized bill. In it, his PILLOWS cost 200 bucks each, just to USE.
So he used this as his reasoning for why we need Universal Care.

I was FUMING at the stupidity. For what he didn't realize was that THE HOSPITAL HE NAMED was ran BY the Government.

They 'opened the lines for calls' so I called. And I called. And I called. By the time I finally got through I was so deadset against his logic that I was determined to talk some sense into him. To tell him that I don't want someone WHO CHARGES 200 bucks for a pillow to run ANY insurance scheme.
I realized I was getting angry just thinking about it so I had to calm myself.
When I finally spoke to them I got a bunch of opinionless expressions like "yeah..." "yeah..." "So are you saying that every pillow is going to cost 200 bucks?"

They had no damned clue. And told me that they wouldn't air my call when I started walking them through it all.

I was so frustrated that I could barely think for nearly half an hour.
In the end, only one call on the subject was taken and sure enough, the idiot on the phone was in full unison.

Anyhow, the depth of the problem is very deep and it is very complicated.

The people in my story were acting out of two things. 1) Pride. 2) Being stupid.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
[edit on 14/8/09 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He hasn't been fired. The guy was saying since radio host are not allowed on CNN anymore then Lou Dobbs must be fired. But he hasn't been.. Yet.

Former MSNBC host Bill Press, in a column for the Hartford Courant, mockingly suggests that since CNN/U.S. president Jon Klein suggested the network avoid booking talk radio hosts, first reported by TVNewser Tuesday, Dobbs must go too:

At least this means the end of that pompous, arrogant, and obnoxious Lou Dobbs. After all, Lou Dobbs is also a nationally syndicated radio talk show host. So Klein's edict -- "No Radio Talk Show Hosts on CNN" -- must mean the end of Lou Dobbs.

www.mediabistro.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My favorite Lou Dobbs quote -

"I have to tell you Senator Obama: you've just become my hobby. You are a dangerous illogical inaccurate and I think soulless pandering fool."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
I blanch at his anti-immigration rhetoric but applaud him for taking the government to task on the issues facing the middle class.

To be fair, isn't it better described as anti-illegal-immigration rhetoric?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I dunno if the source is credible?

I cannot find anything else on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Good! Better transparent then warped by other people. At least he was clear in showing who he was, where he came from, and what he stood for. A lot of the other folks are too ambiguous and unknown to know if they are spinning something or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Fox will probably hire him.

who cares

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

strictsum is right. If anyone actually read the linked article it would be apparent Dobb is not fired.
It really helps to read first reply later.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

same here. I couldn't find anything else on the web to support this. It would seem like pretty big news if he was fired.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

True, but he was so over the top -- to the degree that he actually appeared to oppose immigration altogether, whether that was the case or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
eh... about time

who watches cnn anyway? well, just for anderson cooper i suppose

msnbc is where it's at, with keith oberman and rachel maedows.

she is just.. so hot !

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join