It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Socialized Healthcare? Seeking opinions abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am just curious if there any ATS members in Canada or abroad that have a more socialized form of healthcare and can share their experiences good or bad with us americans, since we americans are so divided on the issue. Also curious on how socialized healthcare affects your taxes and work life.

Also, if you have reviewed the healthcare bill in the US what are things to watch out for? You know besides the government snooping in your bank accounts and all.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Also, If the government is paying for healthcare what happens to pharmaceutical companies?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I live in England, and as you know from your media, the NHS is the go to health care to go against your new health plan.

Personaly, i think the NHS is a great idea, yes it has its problems, but everything has its problems. The main problem is supply and demand, because its tax money, the government are very tight on spending it, so there is never enough money to cover costs of new hospitals/doctors, hence the waiting time.

But i say its worth it, its alot cheaper than buying private care, and its good to use for general check ups, emergancies, etc etc. If something drasstic and terrible happens to you, then you would be better of going into private care to get quiker treatment, but you can just get that out when needed with a phone call and signing up to a healt plan.

I have been treated by the NHS in an emergancy case and general here and there's, and i have been pleased with the treatment.

Look at it this way, if you cant afford health care or your insurance runs out, at least you have a back up. If you still want private health care, then just go out and get it, the more people paying for a national health service, the cheaper it is.

join