It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hande

The director of the Russian company said he has talked every day by phone to the ship's captain until the ship finally disappeared.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Ah yes i agree, but the US stated when they first appeared around the beginning of August that they were not armed with Nuke warheads.

Don't ask me how they knew this though.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
Why supply Swedish police with details of the assaults which took place, including written statements???? (How did they get them??) and pictures of the injuries?
Why was there a 2nd boarding/hi-jacking reported?

Because of lack of information and rumors that becomes news. Swedish police were newer ever seen the crew. They spoke with the "crew" only with the cellphone and just one time. So Swedish police has not got any pictures of injuries. Those blames are news that some nations press has wrote and citated from somewhere.

2nd boarding is strange. I believe that it is again rumor. I believe that the one boarding actually happens near Gotland in Sweidsh water and Swedish police has spoken with crew member gun in his head or with one of hijackers.

And since 24.7 Ship has been captured and controlled by POSSIBLE hijackers. Remember that Swedish police was contacted with ship several days after 24.7, not 24.7.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
it just shows people dont care if you have nuclear submarines or special forces
all you need is a rubber boat and a few nuckleheads and you can turn the world upside down....

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
sorry but i dont hold with the whole nuke scenario. has anybody done any digging around for dirt on the shipping company or the ships owners .
ship owners from the east tend to have many fingers in many pies.
a crew man could of managed to turn on the AIS in hope of rescue he may now be fish food.
i think i'll stick with the extortion /protection idea

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

hopefully the SBS will have a chance to flex its muscles and put the knuckleheads in there place . as i said before the eu has got to take a hard line on hijacking/piracy in its own back yard . the english channel is the busiest shipping lane in the world and the revenue generated along that route is immense.
send in the sbs and let the world know!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Hi Da Pickles!

I'm just wondering...
If the UK authorities genuinely thought that there was a boarding/hijacking incident, including the restraint, interrogation and assault of the 15 crew, as was reported to them on 28th July, when the ship was in UK waters, being tracked on AIS and later by French authorities until at least 30th July... Why didn't they do anything about it? Why didn't the coast guard or Royal Navy intercept to investigate the incident?
Why would the hi-jackers even report the boarding incident at all, until they were at their intended destination, in deep Atlantic or friendly port?
What have the hijackers (or disgruntled crew trying to extort money from the owners) been doing for the last three weeks?
We don't have the answers, but we do have some of the facts. And the confusing/conflicting nature of these "facts" tells us that there is more to this story. I don't think that the facts we have, fit in with a simple extortion/protection scenario, as well as they do for a much larger internationally significant issue.
If this incident is purely extortion, using the crew and cargo of a timber freighter for money, then why did Putin rush through emergency legislation to allow him to deploy the russian fleet in search of this vessel?
Why deploy subs along the US eastern seaboard?
I wish we knew!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles
sorry but i dont hold with the whole nuke scenario. has anybody done any digging around for dirt on the shipping company or the ships owners .
ship owners from the east tend to have many fingers in many pies.
a crew man could of managed to turn on the AIS in hope of rescue he may now be fish food.
i think i'll stick with the extortion /protection idea

Ownership goes this way:

Operator/manager: Solchart Management Oy, Helsinki
Registered owner: Arctic Sea Ltd, Malta
ISM-manager: Solchart Arkhangelsk, Arkhangelsk (crew comes here)

Finnish based company Solchart Management Oy owns the Arctic Sea so that it own the Arctic Sea Ltd. company in Malta which own the Ship.

The company itself, Solchart Management Oy is owned by three russian men. They all have both citizenship, Russia and Finnish. Solchart Management Oy CEO Viktor Matveev lives in Finland and also two other executive.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Arctic Sea could be also big blow. The company itself and possible crew member has a plan that someone hijack the vessel and demand ransom...finally ransom will be delivered, crew and company divide the money and investigators never get the "hijackers" since there were not any. But all this # is just a speculation and we will hope see soon whats the truth.

Crew Arctic Sea

shipmaster Sergei Zaretsky born 1959

Chief Eugene Фалин born 1981

Second Assistant Alexander Kuznetsov born 1965

chief engineer Igor Shumik born 1963

second engineer Dmitri Kuznetsov born 1971

third engineer Oleg Deschenya born 1985

engineer Vladimir Kashin born 1966

boatswain Vladimir Volov born 1956

able crewman Michael Potekhin born 1968

able crewman Nicholas Kuritsyn born 1962

Senior minder Sergey Petruk born 1969

fitter Eugene Dostovalov born 1974

minder Alexander Lyzhin born 1968

Paul Kok Dulov born 1968

Dmitri Young Fazylov born 1986

plus:
apparently fitter electrician
Youngster - the caretaker or trainee

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

i honestly missed the part about subs being deployed and legislation being rushed through.
it does open up alot more possabillitys as to the cause of the scenario.
one thing that bothers me is that the pirates /hijackers have asked for 1.5 million in ransom . in this day and age and for the amount of people involved that is peanuts. and the first boarding party [if information is correct] seem to be intelligent and skilled operatives

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

not a phillipino amongst them?????

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods
Arctic Sea could be also big blow. The company itself and possible crew member has a plan that someone hijack the vessel and demand ransom...finally ransom will be delivered, crew and company divide the money and investigators never get the "hijackers" since there were not any. But all this # is just a speculation and we will hope see soon whats the truth.

Crew Arctic Sea

shipmaster Sergei Zaretsky born 1959

Chief Eugene Фалин born 1981

Second Assistant Alexander Kuznetsov born 1965

chief engineer Igor Shumik born 1963

second engineer Dmitri Kuznetsov born 1971

third engineer Oleg Deschenya born 1985

engineer Vladimir Kashin born 1966

boatswain Vladimir Volov born 1956

able crewman Michael Potekhin born 1968

able crewman Nicholas Kuritsyn born 1962

Senior minder Sergey Petruk born 1969

fitter Eugene Dostovalov born 1974

minder Alexander Lyzhin born 1968

Paul Kok Dulov born 1968

Dmitri Young Fazylov born 1986

plus:
apparently fitter electrician
Youngster - the caretaker or trainee

Sky News ticker said that the Finnish owners have received a ransom for return of the Russian crew.

Finland's police have also confirmed that a ransom was demanded from the Finnish charterers of the 15-man Russian-crewed ship, according to the AFP. "Yes it is true that there has been a demand for ransom which is money, and the demand has been made to the company which own the ship, Solhart Management in Finland," Detective Chief Superintendent Jan Nyholm said.

SkyNews.com

Oops - edited to change demanded to ransom and to add the link to Sky News

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Maya00a]
Edit again to add the following info....

Taking into consideration the general characteristics of the aggravated extortion and the related significant threats to life and health, any public communication on the case is not possible. Malta Maritime Authority statement given to Sky News Online

Seems we shouldn't expect any further news about this.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Yeah, but I don't believe that report about the ransom demands has actually been properly confirmed yet. And even if it does get confirmed, I firmly believe that it is now the result of a massive cover up.
The Hijack/Ransom story is being used to cover a much bigger story.
The location of the vessel, immediately prior to Finland, was Kaliningrad Russia. Where it spent 2 weeks being "repaired". Kaliningrad has many naval dockyards & Military Air Fields, and is known to have stockpiles of nuclear weapons. It is also an area reknowned for smuggling, corruption and drugs. So there are quite a few possibile scenarios thrown up by that fact alone!
I'll be very interested to see if the crew make it out of this alive.
Not just from a humanitarian point of view, because we all hope that they're safe and well, but if a non-Russian special forces unit boarded the vessel, masquerading as Swedish Drug Enforcement Police, and then took control of the vessel (and/or crew), then presumably the crew would know? And if the crew know, then the other countries special forces might not want the crew to be able to tell the russians what happened.
All will become clearer if the vessel is actually found, with or without crew.
If my own theory is correct, then I do fear for the safety of the crew. Unless they've simply been tied up / blind folded and kept in the dark about what's happened.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes finnish owners are...

The company itself, Solchart Management Oy is owned by three russian men. They all have both citizenship, Russia and Finnish. Solchart Management Oy CEO Viktor Matveev lives in Finland and also two other executive.

Company is registered in Finland and owned by russian who live in Finland with finnish citizenship so its kind of right to say that "Finnish owners"

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gordi The Drummer you have the point and that's true that Kalingrad is not the most peacefully place on earth. There is Russian Baltic Sea Navy HQ and lots of military related activity. This really could be companys big blow or some Latvian/Russian mafia involved or even the military. Crew are all from Northern Russia, from Arkhangelsk near White Sea.

One thing really makes me wonder. Finnish National Burea of Investigation (KRP) says that the ransom demands were sended to Ships owner. However, in same news after that the Company's CEO, Victor Matveev says that he has not seen any ransom demands whatsoever. And that KRP comment: "we don't know where's this contradiction come from".

But maybe details were keep in secret for investigation reasons. I believe that hijackers were directly thretened the Owner so they could not say anything.

And something more. The AIS signal coming from Biskaya Bay were sended by Russian warship told French navy. This is strange.

This mysterious case will be on some scriptwriters desk in Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've been following this thread with interest, I love a good mystery. I'm a bit confused as to why Russian warships were scrambled when the ship is owned by a Finnish company.

Was the initial hijack in Russian waters?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cazzy2211
I've been following this thread with interest, I love a good mystery. I'm a bit confused as to why Russian warships were scrambled when the ship is owned by a Finnish company.

Was the initial hijack in Russian waters?

Initial hijack was in Sweden water.
Crew are all russian and as Russian legislation says: Russia will do anything and any act to help and defend own citizens all over the world. So this case legitimate russian warship to do anything.

I still not understand why they faking Arctic Sea Biskaya signal from their warships. testing something or trying to misinform everybody intentionally...or was this signal faking just wrong news, disinformation itself.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

Thanks for clearing that up Northwoods.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
could this just be a hijacking by the russian mafia because companies connected to the ship owe them money ,

(why dont they just get the bailiffs in).

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This Just In...

The Arctic Sea Itenerary is BACK on marinetraffic.com!
This disappeared earlier today, but is now back, and SURPRISE SURPRISE, it now starts from 17th July and shows;
Arctic sea heading towards Kaliningrad from Svetlyy at 10.52pm, stationary in Kaliningrad at 1.01am,
then back at Svetlyy by 8.36pm???

(It was earlier reported (by the owners) that the Arctic sea had been in Kaliningrad for 2 weeks!)

There is a strange maneouvre visible around the time of the alleged boarding from about 3am on 24th July. Where the ship suddenly moves east then drifts north for a few hours, before continuing south.

Funny how the Itenerary disappears all day, then re-appears with details which suggest the Arctic Sea just popped into Kaliningrad briefly, (so it could not possibly have been fitted out with anything sinister, or loaded with nukes etc)
And the strange maneouvres reported to co-incide with the alleged hijack are clearly recorded!

Nice Cover up guys! (Pity we spotted it first!!)

G

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join