It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UFO's filmed by me!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Remember the video that cought the 4 white round ufo in west virginia notice the way they move and the formation's dont they look kind of similar.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by marvinmole82
sorry but thats what i saw, i couldnt make them come closer or do a little dance for me, i admit my camera work really did not do justice to what i saw. I was just struck by how similar the lights i saw were to the original posters and the fact they happened around the same time on either side of the atlantic.

This is interesting - I must have missed the post where you stated it happened on the other side of the atlantic where you are.

Could you tell what direction they were heading? Or did they just flicker out?

What was the time in the evening that you saw these objects - and for how long did the sighting last?

To clarify - how many objects did you see that evening, 2 or 4? (saw the footage).

what country where you in when the siting took place?

Thanks!

Yeah im in england and i assumed from the accent the OP was from the US
There were 3 objects it was at 2138 GMT in a village called chalfont st peter in buckinghamshire.
Someone called them to my attention because im interested in aircraft. They remained the same brightness throughout until they passed behind the building i was outside. The sighting lasted about 1-2 mins which was how long it took them to cross quite a large portion of sky.
They seemed to move across the sky roughly the same speed as a light aircraft at a few thousand feet, maybe a little slower

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
Hi everybody,

To MystikMushroom,

The topic is a couple of days old now but only just seen it and the weirdest thing.

I live in the UK, basically on the middle part of the southern coast. I live in a town environment with parks surrounding me. Two nights ago I get called out to the garden by my elderly father, orange lights in the sky. They formed the points of a diamond with a fifth brighter light off where north west would be on a compass. I could draw it better but you get the idea. I saw the lights for maybe 10 seconds, the diamond ones disappeared first after only a few seconds and the last and largest maybe 5-8 seconds later, and my vision was highly obscured by a near placed tree so while what I saw took place over 10 seconds (ish) the actual time in my vision was less.

I've never seen Chinese lanterns in real life and loads of folks here say it is, but it was the weirdest thing and your lights in the video are basically identical. On another page on this topic someone saw something similar in Chalfont St Peters(?!?!) which is maybe 80 miles from here. Edit to add marvinmole82, soz marv, and my sighting (for what its worth) happened roughly 10pm on 10 August 2009.

Power and Equality

mine was two days before around the same time, i agree i have never heard of chinese lanterns in the uk before. Your sighting sounds a little different to mine though, the lights were more yellow than orange and they moved across the sky and did not change in brightness
[edit on 11-8-2009 by yyyyyyyyyy]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just think that it can't be flying lanterns, seeing the objects are moving in symmetry with each other.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whilst I was making a fake UFO-video for a film-project I did the same as OP.

Film the object(s)
zoom in
zoom out
remember to show perspective
have a believeable story ready
keep a running commentary

The believeable story must have credibility. Keep it simple. Not too many details. Wait for the believers to fill in the blanks and run with that.

One thing I did notice was that OP exhibits the exact same traits in his commentary as I did.
For some reason I kept my voice at a low pitch while trying to sound amazed and enthusiastic.

It does sound funny when the commentary is subdued as if one is afraid someone might hear it while at the same time trying to sound as if one is shouting uot to get more witnesses.

I know I didn't want my neigbours to hear my exclamations.

Fake. But done by the book. Well thought out. Lacks in sincerity.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well i followed those points in my video and it was not faked, it was my natural response. Zoom in closer to see if you can see what the unknown object is, talk to people around you etc. Fakers copy peoples real reactions to try and fool others

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
I just think that it can't be flying lanterns, seeing the objects are moving in symmetry with each other.

Dont you think that could be because they are following the same current of air?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Nice video of 4 clear Chinese Lanterns at the end of their burn.

You say they were forming a right angle? hehe, uhh ok. Heres a tip. Next time only use 3, and say thet are forming a triangle it works better

Q:How come these chinese lantern videos never last longer than 2 minutes?

A:Because they burn up and out in that time. Unless you can get a slow crosswind, maybe you can pull 3 minutes.

And uhh Gideon relax dude Age has nothing to do with intelligence. I know plenty of 21 year olds who are more intelligent than some 40 year olds.

Plus I think experience and study in the field of ufology would be the more important thing a person needs when analysing these videos.

I mean you wanna believe so badly, it's coming out your eyes bro. Relax.

Again 4 Chinese Lanterns, whether or not the OP knew...? Well I could care less really.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warrior of the Light
Woah! Awesome video!! I mean ive seen so much evidence now you gotta be stupid not to believe this

Sometimes one can get so open minded that the brain falls out.

Personally I think you gotta be stupid to believe this to be a video of UFO's (as in "alien craft").

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Why do the other people keep partying? It happens there alot if seems eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
reply to post by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

Expensive? LMAO! Chinese lanterns are only $6 for a pack of 3 at any fireworks stand in the US

ive never seen them before so i thought they were some extravagant item. But now i just see they are a shopping bag with a flame simulating a hot air balloon affect.

Random forest fire anybody?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I never discounted the lantern theory -- I never *claimed* that these lights were extraterrestrial.

Why are UFO/aliens one in the same?

I was drunk (amongst a few other things)...and have never actually had a camera on me before when I've seen something anything close to this.

This is an annual event, I am trying to pinpoint the GPS location on google maps.

It is 102 miles outside of Anchorage, Alaska. It is very much "in the boonies" -- but a couple thousand congregate for a 3-day weekend each August.

Google Map Link

I will get the other minute or so of footage I shot up here.

I've been a member here for YEARS -- and I know what happens to people that post hoaxes.

If these were lanterns (I've asked about 10 people that were there if they heard/saw anything of the sort) still no.

I *want* to explain this -- this is not some, "hey lets make a fake UFO video haha!"

Um, no.

Otherwise I would not still be participating in this thread.

As I have said, our first instincts were flares, but I have never seen aerial flares move together in such a way.

The lantern theory sounds pretty good to me -- except I have no proof/word-of-mouth from anyone that attended that someone was setting these off.

I told Springer more than a year ago that if my integrity was ever called into question, I would provide the ATS owners (not simply mods) scans of all my identification to prove who I am and what I say.

Many may not recall the over 20+ page thread I made about the Timewave Zero ...

I wish to stick around on here, I'm not here to pull legs or play games.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow great stuff MM that was very clear and the movement was unlike anything man made!!
Really excellent footage....Thanks for posting this.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Looking at your video a few times, I know it is not a jet, copter, or known man made flying machine in the sky, this includes a blimp. As for considering it a UFO, I looked at the evidence presented and it does not give strong support of a UFO because lanterns are mistaken as UFO. They do have this type of lanterns in Alaska and the lower 48 states for parties, weddings, and other entertainment.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
I'm 41.
Male.
Ph.D
Capricorn. Loves walks along the beach and listening to an eccelectic range of music.

Oh, and I did examine the footage, and I can deduce two things:

1: the footage is of 4 Chinese lanterns

2: you are one of those 'to hell with reality and facts" kind of dyed-in-the-wool true-believer types.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by mckyle]

Oh you have a Ph.D there I see Dr. UFO. What is the Ph.D for? You are so sure of yourself that it must be for video analysis or Ufology eh?

Whether you like you admit it or not - you don't 100% know what these are. I'm sorry, but you don't. No one can tell. We can take stabs at what it is and educated guesses, but none of us will ever know. They very well may be Chinese lanterns, but to say fully you know "exactly" what they are makes you look arrogant and closed minded.

"2: you are one of those 'to hell with reality and facts" kind of dyed-in-the-wool true-believer types."

Here is another judgment you made without really knowing who he is. Tell us the reality of this video that you now know so well. What facts does this video tell you other than 4 lights in the sky?

Show me a thousand Chinese lantern videos if you want - but none of them are this video.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
People have assumed that the OP must be stoned...that's a bad assumption and offensive (I have not read the entire thread, so unless the OP admitted otherwise I'll assume he was sober...)

People have assumed that he is lying...that's a bad assumption right off the bat as well.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt as to presenting an honest video because I am 24 and until I read this thread have honestly never seen of or heard of these flying Chinese lanterns in my life. I'm not saying I believe they were alien vehicles; I'm just saying some of your are way to quick to judge that this video is purposefully deceitful. If was him and had been there and they were lanterns I would have been confused too.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sh1fty

Originally posted by mckyle
I'm 41.
Male.
Ph.D
Capricorn. Loves walks along the beach and listening to an eccelectic range of music.

Oh, and I did examine the footage, and I can deduce two things:

1: the footage is of 4 Chinese lanterns

2: you are one of those 'to hell with reality and facts" kind of dyed-in-the-wool true-believer types.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by mckyle]

Oh you have a Ph.D there I see Dr. UFO. What is the Ph.D for? You are so sure of yourself that it must be for video analysis or Ufology eh?

Whether you like you admit it or not - you don't 100% know what these are. I'm sorry, but you don't. No one can tell. We can take stabs at what it is and educated guesses, but none of us will ever know. They very well may be Chinese lanterns, but to say fully you know "exactly" what they are makes you look arrogant and closed minded.

"2: you are one of those 'to hell with reality and facts" kind of dyed-in-the-wool true-believer types."

Here is another judgment you made without really knowing who he is. Tell us the reality of this video that you now know so well. What facts does this video tell you other than 4 lights in the sky?

Show me a thousand Chinese lantern videos if you want - but none of them are this video.

Phew!!!

For a minute there I thought were going to attack my eclectic taste in music. What a relief.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This really sucks.

While trying to conduct an investigation into these objects that I have to filter through the SPAM of 'chinese lanterns."

This seems to be the trend on almost all UFO footage being posted up on ATS these days... usually you have the OP posting the video and the second post will read "Chinese Lantern"

Chinese Lantern believers, we get your point - you don't believe they are anything else... great!

While you might not think they are anything else but CHINESE LANTERNS, others may have a different point of view. I believe they could be aircraft filmed from a distance. It is hard to tell what a plane is at a distance, especially commercial jets that are at high altitude and very far away.

That stated - I am not claiming they are jets either - I don't know what they are.

I sure wish the Chinese Lantern community would post their video analysis results with the rest of us...

How about this - before screaming Chinese lantern at every post you see of a UFO, why not investigate it and see if it could be something else?
OR just keep spamming Chinese Lantern all over ATS...

I really don't mean to sound hard on anyone - sure, they could be chinese lanterns but just by looking at the video - no one is 100% sure.

No one seems to want to investigate anything anymore... just point fingers, call people liars, and shrug everything off.

I don't believe either of these two people who posted these lights in the sky lied about anything, nor did they fake anything.

They posted what they saw, and this is what scares people away from posting videos or pictures... they get attacked.
(stepping off soap box).

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If it wasnt for it being fimled around the same days as the earth passes through dust and debris from the Swift-Tuttle Comet of Perseus every August. Id say it was a good video. On the day i was looking up (12th aug) i saw exactly the same shooting stars as on this video. not actualy shooting, but just looked like a normal star moving across the sky slowley and then dissapearing.

Not to say this was eactly the same thing, but around same dates,same goings on in the sky, looked and acted exactly the same, bar this is 4 and mine was 1.

Seems a reasonable explanation.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, do you need video analysis, a dissertation and Kodak labs to confirm it?
If it's lit up like a Thai lantern, drifts like a Thai lantern and fades away like a Thai lantern that spent its fuel cell, what other research would you like?

Originally posted by Threadfall
People have assumed that the OP must be stoned...that's a bad assumption and offensive (I have not read the entire thread, so unless the OP admitted otherwise I'll assume he was sober...)

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I was not "acting" -- actually, I was pretty darn drunk. It was a miracle I remembered my video camera was in my car, and did not trip over the inverter cables and jumper cables for our deep fryer and crock pot.

Threadfall, assume and research, they don't mix.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join