It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with the ghost shows!?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Supposedly Paranormal State is going back to do a second episode there. There's so much activity there that it really can't be covered in 30 min. The spirits at his ranch aren't troubled. It's really more of a portal.

I just thought of something else. When some of the investigators go to these places for a night and find nothing, they say it isn't haunted. They were only there for a night, the activity can happen at any time. So just because they found nothing doesn't say for sure there isn't paranormal activity.

I have to go now. I'll be back in perhaps six or seven hours

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

So because of what it says (and the majority of EVPs are open to interpretation), we can conclude it's somehow trapped? How do you release it? Free them to go where??? How can we know we have any power over this phenomena at all?

We don't, unfortunately. I'm not convinced these are actual human spirits of dead people. Like I said, I'm a believer in the phenomena, but I'm not convinced we have scratched the surface as to what the phenomena is. I've had a lot of good teachers in my life who have the same similiar answers we all hear all the time about 'ghosts', but noone really knows for sure.

I have my own reasons for believing most of the ghost shows are just entertainment and need to be taken at face value? K2 Meters?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ChoronzonRising

Yeah, I think I'm with you on the K2 meters.... maybe. LOL. I haven't really made up my mind on them yet. I remember when I first started doing paranormal investigations, I was looking for a regular EMF detector and came across the K2 meters and had no interest in them whatsoever, even though they were cheaper than regular EMF detectors at the time. I remember seeing them new on ebay... the auction started at around $14.95 and ended at just over $30.00. After TAPS started using the K2 meter in the episode where they tried to communicate with the Charles Manson victims, the prices on those things went through the roof! The paranormal stores that I ordered my equipment from were sold out of them completely and the ones on ebay jumped from starting at $14.95 to starting at $95.00! I never did get one because I'm happy with my EMF detector, but if I can manage to borrow a K2 meter, I may give a try just so I can really form an opinion about them. I wont buy one just because they work so well for TAPS, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They are also using that gadget on G.A. which translates EMF to computer generated words (or whatever). They are also being possessed lately. Pfft.

I only really watch G.A. now. MH/PS are terrible. G.H. is unwatchable since the Halloween episode. Getting people interested is great, but I think people are taking the 'theories' as fact nowdays unfortunately.

Can you imagine how popular and sucessful a paranormal show would be if they got together a team of known credible scientists to go to these same places (like basement of Goldfield Hotel) and give their honest opinions and observations instead of these 'paranormal experts'?? Set up a 1-6 month investigation at some of these hotspots. Please, no psychics. (not that I'm a disbeliever)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You have to wonder, is the TAPS in front of the camera a legitimate paranormal investigation group, or are they puppets of the television industry? I think the producers forced them to make something happen. I still like GH, but I'm a bit disappointed.

GH did, in my opinion, bring some legitimacy to an otherwise "outcast" society (until the Halloween incident I suppose). The other shows are just nonsense. The only "evidence" they provide are first hand accounts, or psychic's statements. I could tell you that the ghost of a lassie took a dump on my rug last night. What good is it unless there is ghost poop to prove it? GH tried to provide real evidence and, IMO, was corrupted by the industry.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The ghost shows of today are really no different then the ones from the victorian times. Ececpt with the added loud abraisive 'Psycics' *cough Derek Acorah

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You have to look at anything that has paid sponsors....even ATS for that matter. They might be inclined to stretch the truth by whatever means necessary in keeping things suspenseful just to keep people watching....those commercials !

I actually have ghost in my home , here in NH in the past we had a number of revolutionary battles as well as Indian wars .... spelled massacres, where many died souls were laid. I believe that that is the nature of our spirits here.

Upon originally purchasing the home we were surprised to see our box of supplies to renovate the house had simply disappeared...or at least most of the box's contents.

I have seen a few shadowy figures, one hooded at the foot of the be d one night which gave me the creeps. We've had loud bangs in the middle of the night, that sounded as if a professional footballer had kicked our door it was so loud.
I've seen the fleeting image of a gray woman wearing a shaw walking through the house. At first I remotely thought it was my wife...who was asleep upstairs at the time when I soon realized I hadnt heard her come down the stairs.
Its almost like a snapshot though, now you see it and now you dont.

Also, one night i was photographing before and after shots of a headlight upgrade I had done on my Truck, only to find wispy smoke like images in the photos.

I keep tabs on our guestes by watching my dogs watch it/them moving about the house. The Dogs know...but they're apparently not freaked out by them ....they just watch them out of curiosity.

I enjoy The Ghost programs but they might try enticing the Ghosts by beginning to renovate/make changes to the homes they visit, as this is what first stirred up our Ghosts. also, they might try using animals to sense their presence simply to confirm what their instrumentation and experiences are conveying to them.

I do like the programs, but you do have to realize that Ghosts arent simply going to just show up on queue just because TAPS/Ghost Hunters/Paranormal Research Society has recently shown up.
I know in my experience, I might have 2-3 experiences at most per year, thank God !

But all in all, I take it as with everything that I watch on television.....as Entertainment.
No more, no less.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

You should try to get TAPS to come investigate your home and then give us the dirt on 'em, hehehe.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Gee, I thought for thee longest time I was the only person wondering this.
If I'd been smart, i would have started a thread on this ages ago. (So, good going, OP.~)

Anyway, it really is frustrating watching ghostie shows.
I never liked "Ghost Hunters" because the first episode i saw, they were called into this house with shadow vermin, and the one guy was sitting on the floor, and he started whining that he felt so threatened he had to cross his legs (sexually threatened) - he got SO freaked he had to call a female cast member in (

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Paranormal State is the best one for helping people. I like the way they identify the spirit, talk to it and help it move on.

Grant and Jason on Ghost Hunters seem to get more and more careless about what they are messing with.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

Sylvia Brown is a liar, a sad fake, and a disinfo agent.
She goes areound preaching to poor, unfortunate living souls foolish enough to listen- saying that demons aren't real! Complete BS, like everything else that spews out of that brainwashing mouth.
And i suppose shadow vermin are *good* entities?!!!
...I have a relative who actually got sucked into that mindless, rediculousness... sadly.
And seeing as i never see this person, I don't know how to undo it.
Being one of the ordinary "sheeple" would be better than believing that BSer!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
what makes you think ghosts are lost souls? personally I dont think they exist, but they could easily be demons or evil souls who want to stick around and cause harm. I think they need to step it up and try and capture a ghost in a magic circle and make it do things. now that'd be some good watchin' y'all!

It's soooooo easy to see the unknown as evil......we as a society most of the time do when we have no proof either way....it's just how we are brought up...

Does not make it right though.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well I would think that if you had a demon in your house, you would feel something is not well. I know people would also be scared of a normal ghost, but for a lot of people a demon would be pure terror. They just give off a negative presence that they may be able to hide for a while, but their true colours will show soon enough. I haven't dealt with one thank God. Not all spirits are evil, its like people. There are some bad apples, but most people are simply trying to live their lives in peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ghost Adventures: I like this show best because they taunt the spirits and I assume there's not a huge crew on scene. The episode with the brick being thrown and the ghost walking across the room was compelling. Recently, they've jumped the shark, but I'll still watch.

Ghost Hunters: My second fav, as for as the Halloween episode, I haven't seen any proof that made me think it was fake or real.

Paranormal State: Best Production wise, but it revolves around dramatics and offers very little evidence.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've been watching pretty much all these shows for a while now and at first I bought into them hook,line and sinker. Really enjoyed watching them,hoping that one of them would finally catch something that could not be denied.
Seen some pretty good stuff that I hope was genuine and not faked,but the more I watched,the more I realized that they are just entertainment.
The Halloween thing with taps has destroyed my faith in them,which is a real shame cause they seemed genuine but I guess these shows have to bring in an audience,week in,week out or get canceled.
Most Haunted lost its credibility for me because it reached a point where so much was happening,that it just couldn't be real.If all the things they captured were real,it should of been headline news.It got so bad for me that this is the only one I don't watch anymore.
Theres one from New Zealand, I think,called Ghost Hunt which has captured some great photos,nothing to suggest they faked them but they do get them pretty much every episode. Maybe their just lucky? I don't know.
That said,I still want to believe and watch them avidly.Just a bit more skeptically now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join