It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you committed the one and only unforgivable sin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
blasphemy
in order for you to know if you've commited blasphemy of the holy spirit you have to know what it is.....

If you'd like to know I'll tell you it's simple... Here it goes!
If you have spoken irreverently towards the:
"Holy Spirit (of GOD)"
where does the holy spirit come from? It comes from God!!!!!
It is God's Active Force.... HERE ON EARTH!
Active Force = something that is in progress!

what is in progress ? it is the establishment of Gods Character (as in Characteristics) her on earth and also his KINGDOM which has many mansions which he has prepared. every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess. Remember!!!
We as people love our brothers and sisters, we are all brothers and sisters.... You follow me!!!
The different ways that churches administer to people are all acceptable to GOD... christianity, judiasm, morman, jehovas witnesses, methodists, penticostle, baptist, nazarines, and so on etc... there are differences in administration (their policies) but the same ("LORD")..... and Diversities of Operations but it is the same ("GOD") that worketh all in all.....
These are GODS MANSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE(" HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD") HIS ACTIVE FORCE HAS BUILT THEM ALL ("GODS MANSIONS") AND THEY ARE ALL PLEASING TO HIM.......
HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ANY OF THEM!!!! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD WHICH FATHERS ALL CHURCHES AND RELIGIONS AND BUILT THEM ALL FOR THE (BETTERMENT) OF MANKIND.
BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS UNFORGIVIBLE AND IS OUTRIGHT DISRESPECT AGAINST GOD AND PEOPLE (HIS CHILDREN)
MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD REACH EVERY CORNER OF THE EARTH AND ADMINISTER TO THE PEOPLE THROUGH WHATEVER OPERATION REACHES AND SAVES THEM FIRST.

Please let me know your thoughts! Am I Crazy?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by InTheBellyofTheBeast]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Crazy...who knows....repetitive...extremely

this looks just like your other post

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I heard you the first two times

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Why post the exact same post in three different threads?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Haha, three times the charm.

To answer the headline's question, no. I have not committed the unforgivable sin and never will.

Tis' a shame people do out of spite not believing in God. When they die and find out there is a God, then they will wish they didn't open their mouths. I just hope many people choose everlasting life with God than going to a place that I won't even begin to describe.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
can I committ such a thing against something I dont believe in? I think not...so no blasphemy here.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The last time I checked there were two unforgivable sins and neither of them could be forgiven because one would be dead because of one of the sins and the other would envolve the last words of one committing the act.
I however find both as means for the church, not GOD, to defame individuals that they wish to, after their deaths.
GOD knows what is going to happen from the get go. If a person, let's say, commits suicide, GOD, knew it was going to happen from the beginning. This means that there is no way from deviating from that course. So if one is destined for that outcome, how can it be freewill and therefore a sin.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, great!!! I'm feeling good now. I was worried for a while there as I've downed a 12 pack of SOL con limon, Y Sal....aka good Mexican Beer with Lemon, and salt.

My wife b sitting in the hospital, and I'm home alone. However, now that you've made it clear as long as I don't say "G-D Dammit" all is good.

I'm off now to shoot my neighbor, and my malamute is given' me all sorts of purdy looks.

Ha ha ha, as long as I don't say J*sus H. Christ in anger I can kill, swear, charge interest, have 'relations' with a purdy doggie, and everything else.....

SIGN ME UP!!! I'm born again now.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
blasphemy of the holy spirit, to my understanding, can only be done on a persons deathbed, with their last words.

Basically anything can be forgiven as long as forgiveness is asked for, however once someone dies, no backsies.

Rob, murder, commit all manner of crimes and say "sorry" before you die, you'll be alright. However, have someone claim you cursed GOD with your last words, you're damned.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheBellyofTheBeast

It is IMPOSSIBLE for people to commit that sin. When that was said people were watching Jesus do miracles with their own 2 eyes and attributing the power to magic or demonic influence. They were saying the work of the Holy Spirit was demonic.

Impossible today, do not worry for a second, anything you have done in your life is forgivable.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

Tinman,
I agree with you 100% on that thought. I have had that same thought wander around my mind a couple of times but it made me dizzy.

You make such a good point.
I just feel that there are way too many religions and beliefs to know which one is right.
Living in constant fear that you are going to the wrong church, or that you might go to hell because you sent away the Jehovah's Witness that knocked on your door...thinking he might be right.
It's just no way to live.
My motto, treat others as you would like to be treated. You know what is right and what is wrong.
You have a concience, listen to it.
That's it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by Tinman67

Tinman,
I agree with you 100% on that thought. I have had that same thought wander around my mind a couple of times but it made me dizzy.

You make such a good point.
I just feel that there are way too many religions and beliefs to know which one is right.
Living in constant fear that you are going to the wrong church, or that you might go to hell because you sent away the Jehovah's Witness that knocked on your door...thinking he might be right.
It's just no way to live.
My motto, treat others as you would like to be treated. You know what is right and what is wrong.
You have a concience, listen to it.
That's it.
But there is NO religion that gets one to heaven, it is whether or not you have a personal relationship with the savior. Anyone who has the idea that their respective "relifion" will appease God enough to grant them entrance into heaven is gravely mistaken. No amount of good works gets a man to heaven, salvation is a free gift, rewards can be won and lost with works, but salvation is through faih ALONE. (So that no man may boast.)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I don't know enough about everything and every religion to make that type of decision yet. I believe there is a divine being, I do not know it's name or it's teachings. For all I know the bible could be the great deception...
My point is, I do not know and probably won't for a long time. I have alot to learn before I can be sure and comfortable with the choice I will make.
I could even pass away before then, Then I'm probably screwed. But rather that than make a quick choice based on fear.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

I don't know enough about everything and every religion to make that type of decision yet. I believe there is a divine being, I do not know it's name or it's teachings. For I know the bible could be the great deception...
My point is, I do not know and probably won't for a long time. I have alot to learn before I can be sure and comfortable with the choice I will make.
I could even pass away before then, Then I'm probably screwed. But rather that than make a quick choice based on fear.

I take offense to your assmption that I made a life-changing decision without much though whatsoever, 'quick choice', out of 'fear'.

My decision was made completely out of LOVE, I'm floored that Christ would die for someone like me. And for that I'm ETERNALLY grateful. So that last sentence was either a straw man argument or a sublte jab at both my intellect and emotional stability.

last time I cheked my I.Q. was just a tad over 150.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What?!
Seriously man, chill out..
That was not a stab at you at all my friend , just my reason why I don't follow any religion as of yet. Even my reasons have consequenses, as I said in my post, I could drop dead at any moment and screwed for not believing in one specific god.

If you are content with your choice, and have faith in that choice, then I'm happy for you. In fact, I almost envy you for your certainty on the matter. I wish I were certain.

Im not the type of person to take a 'jab' at your "intelect" or "emotional stability". I do not see the point in that, nor do I see why you would even think so.

What does your IQ have to do with your faith in any case?

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Actually it can be done, but I would say that 99.9% of people from all religions don't have to worry about it.

But I will say it does apply to some "EX" type of people again cutting it down even more.

It can only apply to certain specific ex-Christians who fully embraced the word of God as absolute truth and applied it in their lives. Only later in life to reject it, but not only reject it, but to spend time trying to recruit people to their line of thought.
Cursing God after coming to a biblical accurate knowledge of God and his purposes is what Satan tried to get Job to do and failed.

If he succeeds with a certain type of ex-christian, then they sin against the Holy Spirit, and that is unforgivable from God's viewpoint.

So here is the criteria.

Must have believed in God and his son Jesus.
Must have believed AND accurately understood the bible.
Must have taken action to support belief structure.

Then later...

Rejection of all three of the above criteria.
AND then actively trying to discourage other people from learning, or trying to take them away from their belief structure which is the one they had previously held.

A common side effect of those that have sinned against the the Holy Spirit is an extremely bitter and negative attitude. As they come to realize they have sealed their eternal doom, it's not easy to be a positive person after that epiphany.

Matthew 25:30 can apply to this type of ex-christian

30 Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Also Hebrews 10 Starting in verse 26

26For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward].

27[There is nothing left for us then] but a kind of awful and fearful prospect and expectation of divine judgment and the fury of burning wrath and indignation which will consume those who put themselves in opposition [to God]......
29How much worse (sterner and heavier) punishment do you suppose he will be judged to deserve who has spurned and [thus] trampled underfoot the Son of God, and who has considered the covenant blood by which he was consecrated common and unhallowed, thus profaning it and insulting and outraging the [Holy] Spirit [Who imparts] grace (the unmerited favor and blessing of God)?

The above verse really explains it well, because it means the person is abusing the ransom sacrifice to the point it doesn't cover him anymore because he fully understands it, but chooses to reject it, and even gets other people to reject it too.

So basically ex-Christians who have put themselves in a position to diametrically and fiercely oppose the command Jesus gave in Matthew 28: 19&20

18 When Jesus came near, he spoke to them. He said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 So wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. "And remember that I am always with you until the end of time."

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The usual basis for proposing the existence of an unforgiveable sin is

Matthew 12: 31-32

Therefore, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

The context is that Jesus is discussing a recent statement by some of the ever-popular Pharisees (verse 24):

But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man drives out demons only by the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons."

What we have at verses 31-32, IMO, is a prophecy or an anathema: that these specific Pharisees will go to their graves without having asked forgiveness for the blasphemy attributed to them in verse 24. These blasphemers will not be forgiven.

No general policy of unforgiveness for blasphemy is being announced, so far as I can see. On the contrary, forgiveness for every sin and blasphemy is plainly made available to everyone. Elsewhere, we learn that forgiveness entails asking for it, and maybe other things as well. These specific people will not avail themselves of the forgiveness offered.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Well, I can't really comment on the first portion of your previous post because it deals with your thoughts and opinion, that's fine, but I cannot comment on that. I took offense with your idea that those of us whom have God made our respective descisions without thinking it through or did so out of ear.

Did I get the wrong impression of your view???

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Personal I think you can blasphemy against the holy spirit and it is unforgivable. But here what I don't understand how is it forgivable to cuss in God's name or say hateful words toward God and it be forgivable but saying something bad toward the spirit isn't???

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheBellyofTheBeast

In the sense that sin separates you from God....
You shouldn't even have to consider any unforgivable sin.

Because even having a speck of sin makes a person unworthy of God.

Hence the reason why Jesus came to this world.

So to answer your question...(the topic) I don't care to think about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Personal I think you can blasphemy against the holy spirit and it is unforgivable. But here what I don't understand how is it forgivable to cuss in God's name or say hateful words toward God and it be forgivable but saying something bad toward the spirit isn't???

It's a Catholic thing. Unless you posses religion information on Catholicism, grasping the concept without asking questions can be out of reach.

Now I'm an ex-catholic so i'm aware of it. But that's a story within itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join