It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two headed cow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A two headed cow has been born in Colombia.
From the picture it has two heads joined together at the top, but apparently only has one brain. It also can't support its heads because of the extra weight caused by the extra head.

Link to article

Also found a video of this on Youtube....

Link to video

Edit to add video

[edit on 6/8/09 by Ankhnesmeryre]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Poor thing. They should put it down. It's obviously suffering if it can't stand up unaided because of the weight.

His wife Rosario told television reporters: "She's a very cute thing, beautiful, I see her as a pretty thing that God sent, he sent her as she is."

If that's true then God has a sick and twisted sense of humour.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ankhnesmeryre

That reminds me of the 2-faced baby born in India a few years back.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfe384cd4935.jpg[/atsimg]

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Must be some sort of conjoined twin. First time I've seen that in the animal kingdom.

I think I've seen two-headed wolves in some sort of mythology before. This type of mythology probably comes from the same type of situation.

Poor thing.
I wonder if some sort of surgery would be an option?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen this is not a cow. It is what we Fallout 3 fanatics would call a Brahmin!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am 99% sure that my boyfriend plays Fallout 3...

Aw, that poor cow. I've seen similar mutations before, actually, here's a thread from 2007 with almost the same mutation in a calf: www.abovetopsecret.com...

In reference to the gift from God bit, usually some cultures, such as India, consider people and animals with mutations like this to be Holy. In India it's because they resemble deities.

I wish they could do surgery but it would probably be too expensive. And since it only has one brain, it would just be cosmetic.

I don't know about putting it down. It's definitely up to the owner. But if they love it and can care for it properly, and it doesn't appear to be in pain, then why not keep it?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH
Must be some sort of conjoined twin. First time I've seen that in the animal kingdom.

I think I've seen two-headed wolves in some sort of mythology before. This type of mythology probably comes from the same type of situation.

Poor thing.
I wonder if some sort of surgery would be an option?

Its actually alot more common than you think. Ive seen quite a few picks of cows,sheep and pigs with 6+ legs and other body parts sticking out where they shouldnt (heck one cow had a pair of legs sticking vertical out of the area between its shoulder blades), I think its more like a mix of fetus infetu and conjoined, ie the other animal isnt really alive but is more or less a normal animal fused to a partially developed twin or parasitic twin. Its one explanation I personally believe is responsible for those odd cats with wings stories.

Reptiles also supposedly quite commonly pop up two headed (ive seen snakes). If it wasnt for the neck issue i think this cow would have a good life.

Edit:- opps ravenshadows thread link in the post above makes mention of em. Gotta stop sticking my ore in before i haven't completely read a thread.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

No problem =)
I do that sometimes, too.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
really, is that the best you can come up with? i live on a ranch, have a lot of friends that raise cattle, an di have seen many calves like this. most of them die shortly after birth, though. i've even seen cattle born inside out, literally. organs on the outside of the body, hair on the inside, pretty gross.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yep, it's not the norm, but also not all that unusual.

There's a restaurant in Wildwood, NJ that has many oddities on display. They have several calves like this.

new topics

top topics

join