It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Video Shows Beheading of American Civilian Nick Berg by Al Qaeda Group

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The fact that they are barbarians is the reason why we go over there. They kill inncocents on purpose, and terrorize the world. We just brought the battle to their doorstep before they got it to ours again.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Some of you Bushwhackers are just a little too giddy over this, like you're glad this happened to justify American barbarism.

Here's your liberal outrage.

Beheading bad.

Happy?

Sorry, I'm not exactly shocked by this...saw it coming a mile away. I think everyone did but "Mission Accomplished" Bush and "Dancing in the Streets" Rumsfeld.

Rumsfeld should still resign and the prison should be burned down.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
...I was preparing a post about the two european stoned to death in Kaboul (Afghanistan).

Don't think it make me happy. And now we are in the same sh*t, because muslims consider all christians peoples similar.

www.swissinfo.org...

You see ? These pix have inflamed hate between East and west, sure.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Typical coming from the liberal, anti-war, anti-Bush side there RANT.

You 'rant' when its politically motivates and benefits, like fundraisers, etc., but when its doesn't benefit, its the typical reply:
"Beheading bad."
"Burning body bad"
"Mass Graves bad"
"Plastic shredders bad"
"etc. bad"

You get the jest......

seekerof

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
All I can say is, it's sad. But when Iraqis witness American gunships blowing the hell out of their towns; soldiers invading their nation; cluster bombs, daisy cutters, and the like being rained down on them. Then is it any wonder the Iraqis wil do what they can to fight against their occupiers?

Also seeing their fellow countrymen being dragged around a room by some #ed up, trashy bitch; I'd certainly be out for blood seeing pricks like those army wankers recently torturing Iraqis.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

His captors said the United States refused to exchange him for prisoners in the Abu Ghraib prison.

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage for some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib and they refused," says a hooded man standing behind the American.

"So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins, slaughtered in this way."

The video was discovered as a U.S. Senate committee heard testimony on the U.S. military investigation into abuse of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib.

Seems like CNN finally got around to it.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh, and to those who think Iraqis are babarians. You really have no clue. Iraq had one of the highest literacy rates in the world, propr to the first Gulf War. They had a standard of living on par with Europe, until they siffered over 10 years of sancyions in which over half a million children were killed as a direct result of the sanctions.

People actually sit here, and wonder how these Iraqis could do such things. I'm sure if they had an army as equal to the US', we'd see them fight back in an appropriate way; but they have nothing now, so best use these methods to scare the invaders away.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
When you read reports as this, I can understand why people exact revenge.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And why hasn't this been censored by western societies? They are playing this whole conflict to cause people to rage and generate more hatred among the population. How would you feel if the news all of a sudden showed mutilated bodies over the news everyday, maybe people's opinions would change about the idea of war.

One "American" getting beheaded does not compare to the thousands of other deaths being perpetrated by the military war machine and the terrorist groups.

In my opinion, showing all this drama of "us", the so-called coalition, and "them", the terrorists is being used by the War Commanders to incite the support they need to continue justifying more slaughter of human beings.

Don't forget that it was United States' Federal Government "services" that trained and helped Osama Bin Laden, America's number 1 "enemy". The responsibility lies with the Government to change what is going on underneath our noses. And we must say something on a mass scale against it, protest these atrocities.

Whatever is going on in the Middle East is not working, it sure hasn't freed anybody. The repercussions of generated conflict by the Governments and their "secret" services will continue well into the future and there will still be more wars, so be prepared to see more horrible images displayed by Intelligence Services to the population.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Do you honestly think al-Qaida, Saddam, and Osama really give two damns about the Iraqis aho were abused? They just use that for their own gain with the Arabs.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What worries me is this. This will escalate over here in the US (and if you step away and look at it, that is exactly what the terrorists are hoping for)
Tempers will flare one day in some city, and it will be American against Arab and all hell will break loose, some fool will spout some stupid remark to someone and "presto" civil riots, Arab owned stores will be ransacked , taxi drivers beaten, Arabs will counter with thier own attacks and it WILL escalate (remember LA and how the African Americans took advantage of the riots and started in on the Koreans?)
--Any takers on this "prediction"?-

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I call upon ALLAH to step down as spiritual and military leader of the Muslim World.
I'm sure he is aware of, and is probably Directing
some of the abuses. There should be hearings, to find out what he knew and when he knew it. After all he is
ALL POWERFUL.

IF it is found that he directed this action, he should be demoted. Maybe to a pig farm. That kind of "leadership" is pathetic.

"ALLAH OINKBAR"

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The only thing that was done wrong at Abu Ghraib is that pictures were taken. OMG, humiliating prisoners of war?! Gee, I could never have imagined that was taking place.

The stories never reveal how much of the intelligence gained from these prisoners likely saved countless lives, both coalition and Iraqi, and probably some liberal journalists as well. I guess the coalition is just supposed to ask them nicely if they know anything and then send em back to their cells and feed them properly and make sure they get some family visit time.

One more thing, is it just a coincidence that these pictures, supposedly ordered by intelligence officials at Abu Ghraib, started coming out just as Bush and his administration tried to pin all the blame for 9/11 on an ineffective intelligence community? I'm guessing some intelligence higher ups wouldn't mind seeing a regime change at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Do you honestly think al-Qaida, Saddam, and Osama really give two damns about the Iraqis aho were abused? They just use that for their own gain with the Arabs.

Of course they give ! Actually, I'm sure the Al-Qaida recruiters are forced to refuse candidates !

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just saw part of the video tape on MSNBC. If these people are proud muslims fighting a holy war against the US invasion, why the hoods? Why not show there faces? Even the misguided Americans that caused the problems in the prison showed ther faces.

The reason is thes people are not Iraqis, they are Al-Qaida, and the statement they made has nothing to do with the prison abuses, and everything to do with inflaming the people in the US and her allies.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Watch George Bush's poll ratings soar after this one. Man! al Queda just lost any sympathy votes that they had in America. Even the liberals will be yelling "Nuke Iraq" now. If they had shot him it wouldn't have come across like they were rabid animals that needed exterminated.

Didn't the result of 9-11 teach them anything? Doing things to enrage the Americans is not a healthy idea. All of our oil is over there, and we aren't going to give it up. I'm not saying that we have the higher moral ground, but exactly how smart is it to back a nuclear super-power into the corner?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Allah is the same God that Christians worship. Islam is just another Abrahamic religion, no better or worse than the other two, perhaps not much use to anyone.

Until the philosophy that holds one superior and another inferior is finally and permanently dismantled and abandoned, there shall be war.

(I made a statement here about disowning the people here who pledge vengeance and feed the Bush agenda of a perpetual war. Then I saw some irony and contradiction with the statement above, and removed it).

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have had it with these savages.
Want to rattle some (radical islmaists') chains?

Since February the futures prices on live hogs has climbed steadily upward. Now I don't know if this is true or not, probably not, but who knows.
The U.S. military has been buying up hogs at an unusually large rate. Military aircraft in Iraq and Afganistan are being fitted with discharge devises. Rendered hogs are going to be sprayed all over these two countries. Those poor buttburglers are going to have nowhere to go in those countries without being exposed to hog squeezin's.
Don't know how true it is, but..
Pretty cool huh?

(mod edit: do not use ethnic slurs on ATS.)

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
In Europe we are not patriot because we know what are the nations when there lead by tyrans.

So Nans you are not patriots but you ARE dissidents correct?

Nans DESMICHELS [ nans ]
one 2003-11-10 22:54 [ Delete Edict ]
Reply List Expand Monitor

Hello,

Can be that we could meet for the week of the resistance organized by the intermittent ones?

www.paris.indymedia.org...

It would be also a good occasion to find ideas of forms of actions and to see a little how Ca goes.

Also, it would also be necessary to think of thinking of organizing something for the FSE (European social Forum) from the 12 to November 16:

PS: I do not arrive has to connect me to the private forum. Can somebody help me?

---------
Nans DESMICHELS [nans]
on 2003-11-10 22:54 [ Edit Delete ]
Reply List Expand Monitor

Salut,

Peut etre que nous pourrions nous rencontrer pour la semaine de la resistance organis�e par les intermittents ?

Ce serait aussi une bonne occasion de trouver des id�es de formes d'actions et de voir un peu comment ca marche.

Aussi, il faudrait aussi penser penser � organiser quelque chose pour le FSE (Forum social europeen) du 12 au 16 novembre :

Ps : je n'arrive pas a me connecter au forum priv�. Quelqu'un peut m'aider ?

www.dissidences-communes.net...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
After viewing the film, there is only one solution. We should take a Clintonesqe approach to this.

1. Leave Iraq
2. Pass a 15th Resolution with the UN
3. Bring Monica back to the "oral" office.
4. Bomb an asprin factory.

Yes, this is indeed a solution to the problem. Have you noticed that Kerry hasn't said ANYTHING about this film yet?

BTW, does anyone have a link to the unedited version of this film?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join