It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Encroaching on First Amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

White House Encroaching on First Amendment

blogs.abcnews.com

A Republican senator is calling for the White House to suspend a new project that asks members of the public to flag “fishy” claims about President Obama’s health care plans, arguing that it raises privacy concerns and will serve to chill free speech.

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, is sending a letter to the White House today asking the president to “cease this program immediately” -- or to explain how Americans’ privacy will be protected if e-mails are forwarded to the White House as requested.

“I am not aware of any precedent for a President asking American citizens to repo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Can you just imagine where this is going next?? This is going to overflow to websites like this where people will send your posts on to the goon squad for not supporting the prez...

Even at his darkest moments, Bush never tried to get you to rat on your friends. This is a great example of what an idiot with a little bit of power can do. Turn the siren on as this could be a HUGE roadblock for anykind of free speech through electronic means.

**Websites and emails included. Imagine getting an email with a joke about the prez which gets forwarded on and on until someone that is eager to turn someone in gets it and bam! You're done for.

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Since we all know the mass media doesn't do all their research these days, is there anymore information about this "program" anywhere else?

The article is interesting but I feel like we're lacking some important documentation in order to judge the situation.

Either way, if it is as bad as the senator seems to believe it is, all I can say is we've put up with worst.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I just want to know what they were going to do with the information they receive?

Background checks?
Investigations?
IRS?
Lashes?

I expect the WH to do away with the request now that people are getting suspicious about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

In order for us to have real change we all need to agree that talking down, or putting a negative spin on government decisions benefit no one. We shouldn't have the right to seek out the negative in things, we clearly are not intelligent enough to be afforded the freedom of speech. I agree with this program and people that are dissident should be dealt with. How can we move forward if we have people trying to stop the Change we have to believe in?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

In order for us to have real change we all need to agree that talking down, or putting a negative spin on government decisions benefit no one. We shouldn't have the right to seek out the negative in things, we clearly are not intelligent enough to be afforded the freedom of speech. I agree with this program and people that are dissident should be dealt with. How can we move forward if we have people trying to stop the Change we have to believe in?

Say what?!?! Are you some kind of robot that only sees what it is programmed to see? You have to be kidding me. Where's the hidden camera??

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The fact that you question the President of the United States screams racism. You cannot question the authority in charge. You need to set aside your racist thoughts and feelings to see the true nature of how wonderful things will be.

The government is only implementing this program to find domestic terrorists, you have nothing to fear unless you disagree with their programs, if you do well. You need to reconsider how you think and realize you are wrong and they are right in all things.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenic

I was just reading something from the left leaning website about the great one's health care plan. I guess this doctor will be leaving for an unscheduled trip and end up neutering dogs in PR.

Doc says no way

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The fact that you question the President of the United States screams racism. You cannot question the authority in charge. You need to set aside your racist thoughts and feelings to see the true nature of how wonderful things will be.

Awesome post! Yeah. Way to jump to conclusions because the distance you had to jump for that one is a world record!

Seriously you are a moron. Not just an everyday moron but one that should be taken to every city and honored. The non-sense you throw-up would make a dead man choke (but don't do it under BHO's watch as it could land you in a camp...)

Since he is half white and half black, which part am I being racist to?? The white side or the black?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It was sarcasm Roadbolackx... Come one man .. It shoulda been obvious..

I laughed.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

why don't you set aside your own racist thoughts. stop accusing white people of being full of hate simply because they form an opinion you do not agree with.
also, the way you say things....creepy.
Your logic is so inverted and chaotic half of me has no choice but to think you are kidding around.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

It was sarcasm Roadbolackx... Come one man .. It shoulda been obvious..

I laughed.

.....had me going after the 2nd "robotic" response lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I agree. You are not intelligent enough to be afforded the freedom of speech. So don't speak if you feel that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I just want to know what they were going to do with the information they receive?

Background checks?
Investigations?
IRS?
Lashes?

I expect the WH to do away with the request now that people are getting suspicious about it.

Well we can rule out the IRS as it didn't catch a single one that Obama picked for his cabinent. I think they will create a list and if you are on it, your credit rating will suffer, your gov issued doc exams will be scheduled years later and you won't get your mail as quick.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

I sincerely hope you're cute and sarcastic on these points you're stating.

If you're serious, I'd advise you to not drink anymore tap water.

link   

There are a select few on this board that will bash you to death over anything negative said about the President. It sickens me. It scares me. In most cases if you question him you will be labeled a racist. They will stretch as far as they need to connect the dots.

This is a terrible turn of events and further erosion of our rights and liberties, yet by me saying that I am in fact a domestic terrorist. Common sense is not so common any more. Assimilation is the only option, so I join them

link   
reply to post by titorite

D@MN!!! Tell me I didn't get punked on that.....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There are a select few on this board that will bash you to death over anything negative said about the President. It sickens me. It scares me. In most cases if you question him you will be labeled a racist. They will stretch as far as they need to connect the dots.

This is a terrible turn of events and further erosion of our rights and liberties, yet by me saying that I am in fact a domestic terrorist. Common sense is not so common any more. Assimilation is the only option, so I join them

You jackh0le! I was laughing at how serious you sounded. Ugh.... Nicely played.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Trust the half that thinks I am kidding as that is the side more in tune with the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

"America's relationship with the Muslim world cannot and will not be based on opposition to terrorism," the president said. "We seek broad engagement based upon mutual interests and mutual respect. We will listen carefully, we will bridge misunderstandings, and will seek common ground.

"We will be respectful, even when we do not agree.
And we will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over so many centuries to shape the world -- including my own country.

content.usatoday.com...

Obama should take a page out of his Muslim speeech and do likewise with the people who don't agree with him. Bold emphasis mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join