It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture images and Timing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
. In the US and the UK the opposition party is nearly always knows as much about a situation as the party in power. This is because they generally get their information from the same independent sources.

For example, Labour, the conservatives, the Lib Dems, the greens, the Democrats and the republicans will all have been sent the red cross reports concerning abuse in Iraq and all of the parties will have investigated them to the extent they could.

So why did the opposition parties not blow the lid on the abuse in US camps a year ago ?
Was information about abuse towards Iraqi prisoners suppressed by all parties, by those in power because of how damaging the information would be and those in opposition so it could be leaked in time to damage Bush's election campaign ?

( I'd like to point out that this is not a "pro bush" post, indeed I'm about as anti bush as one can get short of blowing the ignorant little prick up )

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Simon]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Most Surely the infos have been hold back, not even sure if they ever should have been seen worldwide.

If it would have been leaked to damage his election it should have been later on, not so earlie, somewhat i think in a few months there wont be talk about this anymore... maybe because something bigger will happend... who knows

Wolve

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Christ almighty, I never thought I would see myself replying to a Simon post!!

Anyway, good post! I thought the same thing as you, though not taking the Bush re-election angle. I wondered if they would chose to leak this kind of thing out when/if (and we won't go down that road) the next big terrorist attack happens. Surely they would think the general public would not care a jot about this if another 9/11 style attack had just happened....

join