It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirt! The movie...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Excerpts:
DIRT! The Movie--directed and produced by Bill Benenson and Gene Rosow--takes you inside the wonders of the soil. It tells the story of Earth's most valuable and underappreciated source of fertility--from its miraculous beginning to its crippling degradation.

Perhaps the most famous photojournalist in the world today. Sabastiao Salgado and his wife/editor appear in the film to show that everyone can help save Dirt!. You don't just have to be a farmer. Find out more.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Very interesting, definitely something i'd like to watch. Do you know if it's a movie that will be at the theatre, or something like PBS ? Please don't say cable, i don't have cable

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A movie about dirt.

I shall make one about paint drying! lol.

I'll give it a look though.

Well it looks pretty good, whens it come out?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow, I never really thought about dirt being that important. You learn something new everyday!

I'll try to see it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Very interesting, definitely something i'd like to watch. Do you know if it's a movie that will be at the theatre, or something like PBS ? Please don't say cable, i don't have cable

They have special outdoor screenings for this dcumentary at certain festivals, but not too sure if it will be at the cinemas. Only available on dvd.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If you are near NYC they are showing it during a documentary festival from august 8-14 or so.

If not then you will need to wait till september for the dvd to come out. They are also showing it in LA i see.

Interesting there is also a documentary about how the coastal forest commission in Cali is responsible for the ferocious forrest fires that happen there. By not allowing residents to thin out the dead shrubs and trees that are pure kindling.

top topics

join