It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Aung San Suu Kyi be Denied Freedom Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Will Aung San Suu Kyi be Denied Freedom Again?

trendsupdates.com

This question seems totally meaningless. Aung San Suu Kyi has spent most of her life between prison and house-arrest. The verdict at the end of this week will again be one of the two. Freedom and justice will again be denied to world’s most popular brave Burmese opposition leader and to the people of Burma.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
For those who do not know, Aung San Suu Kyi won a democratic election for leadership of Burma over a decade ago, but before she could take power she was forced into imprisonment by a paramilitary regime. This poor woman has endured so much, and has continued to be suppressed for so long- all she wants is to provide for the people she was elected to serve.

It is disturbing to me that the world ignores such a heinous situation.

Anyone interested in learning more, check this out:
en.wikipedia.org...

trendsupdates.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ninecrimes]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I find it disturbing that no one cares enough to discuss this...

This is a REAL event, not some "he-said, she-said" conspiracy/propaganda... maybe that's why it's not getting the full attention it deserves.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

This is a REAL event, not some "he-said, she-said" conspiracy/propaganda... maybe that's why it's not getting the full attention it deserves.

It's really terrible but I think you will find in alot of countries alot of people are wrongly imprisoned for many years. It's something that happens so often, that I think people just want to put it out of their minds.

I hope she gets to at least have her house arrest.

Wasn't she the same woman who got in trouble because an American swam over to her little area and caused all kinds of issues?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by ninecrimes

It's really terrible but I think you will find in alot of countries alot of people are wrongly imprisoned for many years. It's something that happens so often, that I think people just want to put it out of their minds.

I hope she gets to at least have her house arrest.

Wasn't she the same woman who got in trouble because an American swam over to her little area and caused all kinds of issues?

She is the rightful leader of Burma, but she is in prison (and has been for 15 years) via a paramilitary regime... this is not the typical "wrongful imprisonment"..

And as for the American swimming to her- I think there might be some conspiracy there. He was a psycho, claiming that he needed to warn her of an assassination attempt that he was informed of by god. To me, he just screams Manchurian Candidate.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

CNN BREAKING SHE"S FREE!! RELEASED!!

new topics

top topics

join