It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gwen Olsen: 14 Years a Pharma Rep & What She Has to Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Um, I must be missing something here. Do people actually take medications and don't think that there could possibly be side effects? Every drug commercial on TV usually has a long laundry list of negative outcomes. And those mostly for something like a blood condition or to get a errection.

This women sold psychiatric drugs that are suppose to effect the brain chemistry. And she shocked that drugs had some side effects. Did she think she was selling the golden pill in which everybody gets cured and there are no side effects?

Every medication has risk.

(1996): "Each year, use of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) accounts for an estimated 7,600 deaths and 76,000 hospitalizations in the United States." (NSAIDs include aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, and tiaprofenic acid.)
Should we pull aspirin from the shelves because it killed people?

People need to realize that in the clinical stage of development of a drug you don't have a endless supply of human guinea pigs. You try and get all the possible data you can, which includes side effects, drugs you don't want to combine it with, and any other adverse reaction. But you only have a limited number of test subjects. Drugs are not prefect. But they do help the majority, if they didn't people will not be taking them, because they wouldn't work.

Everyone should know that taking ANY medication involves risk. Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies are not out there to try and create expensive lawsuits for themselves.

I think you miss the point here. Sure they mention risks, but not ALL of them, and their work is NOT to cure us but find ways to mask symptoms while creating others...which they then prescribe stuff to mask...making them LOTS of money.

They don't want us WELL. They want us SICK.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Here in the uk big pharma and doctors have us by the balls.I decided to ask my doctor if i could stop taking my medications for a few months(which were not helping) so i could try some natural alternatives to see how that went.Anyway,i got threatened to be taken in to a psych ward if i stopped taking them and tried a natural alternative for a while...so im still on them.I was quite shocked when they said they would forcefully put me in a psych ward for not taking medication and nothing to do with my mental health,they seemed to make the decision for me that me deciding not wanting to take them was a result of my mental health
Can't do anything about it either as they have all the power.

Man, I feel for you. How anti-freedom is it that we cannot make choices for our own bodies???

How wrong that they can tell us what we will ingest?

Thank you for bringing in the issues on The System, whereby they can mandate any toxin or chemical into our bodies. Especially if you started out asking for help.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
A drug patent only last 20 years. It begins when it is just a compound. It can take somewhere between 10-15 years (sometimes longer) for that compound to reach the commercial level. So a pharmaceutical company may only have a handful of years to make a profit off their drug. Before generic drugs can be available. That is why drugs are expensive. Without charging large sums we wouldn't have drug companies. That's just how it goes.

And that is why they are sold for pennies on the dollar they charge The System in other countries...?

Did you see "Sicko?" I recommend it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
More Lobbyists Than Congress Members - PhRMA pours $40 Mil into crafting health bill
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Healthcare industry spending $1.4 million - a day - on lobbyists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

These 2 articles should be clear enough that something is stinky in DC

Money talks, greases palms and opens doors

Quoted in full for awesome truth!

Thank you for tying this in to other information here at ATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join