It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$20m holiday home at Blue Heron Farm suits Barack Obama to a tee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What do Americans think of Obama's choice of summer camp vacation? They are paying for it out of their own pocket, but i can imagine alot of people will use this to label him as an 'elitist'.For me it seems to make alot of sense as it is a secure location for a President who faces so many more death threats than previous Presidents.

He was recently criticized for his 'Date Night' with his wife in New York which cost taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars. The way i see it anything the President does is going to cost money in regards to protection etc, and he does need to relax at times, as long as it isn't as often as George W Bush vacationed!

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I read that on the Drudge report and had to laugh. Yeah, he is one of us and part of the "regular folks"...

The longer this man is in power the more sick he makes me all around.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by free2bme

I know what you mean mate, but at the end of the day anyone who fell for those lines were either naive and didn't know better or chose to believe it in the face of wht they knew about American politics, becasue Obama appeared, on the surface, to be a genuine guy. How anyone could believe almost any of the senators are for the people when they are multi- multi millionaires is bizzare to me

But at the same time this is standard policy by Presidents in the past to spend alot on vacation and it is out of their own pocket. I know its not a major issue, but i'd just gauge the response as most people on this site to be very anti-Obama, or is it just anti-establishment?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was one of the millions that bought his bullcrap and wasted my vote.
Yet McCain and Shameless Sarah were no choice either. I am now totally sour on politics for the first time in my 52 years of life, I don't believe a thing any of them say or do. New boss same as the old boss.

I do know this is typical of presidents and they do need to be in a safe and isolated place. He just irritates so many people that everything he does is open to intense scrutiny.

Before anyone flames me for voting for this idiot, at least i am woman enough to admit my error and nothing will turn the ear of an Obamite than a very disappointed former supporter.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by free2bme

I must admit i fell for a tiny bit of it as well just out of hope more than anything, luckily for me i couldn't put my error down on paper
.At the end of the day though if he really wanted to change things he would have got no way near the White House, like Ralph Nader and to a lesser extent Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul.

I'm sure his kids will enjoy the vacation though. Wonder what the odds are one one of them running for President in the future?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I agree that security is a priority but this choice seems a little grande to me. Perhaps the Bush family could have lent out the Kennebunk compound (which has been family owned for generations). I'm sure that Soros will probably chip in to defray the costs for the Obamas. Obama likes to go big and likes to put on a show. This house fits his profile to a tee. I should expect nothing less from him.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well hes Hollywood isn't he? The big toothy smile which appears at a moments notice, the great lines about change, the voice pitch perfect during speeches. He sells it well, and i do believe he is a man of some integrity, but he is nowhere near radical enough to change the self-destructive path of America.

On a more serious note he'll get to improve his handicapp
, what does he play off?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Regardless of how I feel about the President and/or his policies, I want the POTUS protected. Failing to do so would likely result in unimaginable repercussions. IF it takes $10K for President Obama and the First Lady to go out on the town and get back safely, so be it. Likewise for vacations, travel, etc.

top topics

join