It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart Mystery Solved? 'Investigation Junkies' to Launch New Expedition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Amelia Earhart Mystery Solved? 'Investigation Junkies' to Launch New Expedition

abcnews.go.com

t has been 72 years since famed aviator Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan disappeared while attempting to fly around the world. But the mystery remains unsolved: Nobody knows exactly what happened to Earhart or her plane.

Now researchers at the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery, or Tighar, say they are on the verge of recovering DNA evidence that would demonstrate Earhart had been stranded on Nikumaroro Island (formerly known as Gardner Island) before finally perishing there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Story of Amelia Earhart has always interested me.

I hope they do solve the mystery. I like the idea of her being a castaway rather than her being taken hostage by the Japanese or dying in a crash.

There is a cool interactive presentation here.

I really hope this isn't just a publicity stunt for the new movie coming out.

We'll have to wait and see. It would be amazing if they do get some of her DNA and prove it was her.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
One of the world's greatest mysteries.

Although I'm fairly certain that a malfunctioning GPS was to blame.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Aloha!

This probably is PR for the upcoming movie but it is still worth investigating. With the US so close to war with Japan in 1937 I always wondered if Amelia Earhart survived and was simply disappeared for her own good. Perhaps she wanted to marry and start a family away from the media spotlight?

top topics

join