It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three shooting incidents involving toddlers since Thursday - more fuel for the anti-gun lobby?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I saw this on the BBC yesterday and was going to offer it up to ATS with an anti-gun agenda angle.

BBC - Two toddlers shoot siblings in US

Two young children have been shot by their siblings in the space of 24 hours in the United States.

In Las Vegas, a two-year-old girl was in a critical condition after being shot by her four-year-old brother at their home, police said.

In South Carolina, a four-year-old boy was shot in the stomach by his three-year-old brother after the little boy found a gun.

The injured boy was expected to make a full recovery, police said.

I thought twice as it struck me as just a bad coincidence. I then read this today:

ABC - Toddler Shot at Indianapolis Wedding Reception

Police say an 18-month-old girl was shot and critically injured during a wedding reception at an Indianapolis park. Two women also were wounded by gunfire.

A Lawrence Police Department dispatcher who declined to give her name says the girl underwent surgery Sunday morning and is in critical condition at Methodist Hospital. Lawrence is a community within Indianapolis.

Police have not identified the child, who was struck in the head by a bullet Saturday night when a dispute at the wedding reception at Lawrence Community Park led to gunfire.

The two women were shot in their legs.

It seems to me that these shootings never occur on their own randomly, but in twos or threes. There's nothing that will stoke up a debate more than adding toddlers into the equation. If you cannot take peoples guns away after a good old fashioned shooting rampage, then it calls for something more drastic. Very cynical I know but that's me.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ah, It all depends where you get your source.... I notice the "National Sources" leave out keen details.

I highly doubt these were legal gun owners... if even legal US citizens.

www.indystar.com.../20090726/NEWS02/907260403

A 2-year-old girl is in critical condition after being one of three people shot Saturday night at a wedding reception in Lawrence Community Park, police said.

The child, Yuridia Sosa, was in critical condition at Methodist Hospital after surgery today, Lawrence police detective Gary Woodruff said.
Advertisement

The child’s mother, Mariela Rodriguez, and another woman were shot in the legs but their wounds were not life-threatening, Woodruff said. The women were taken to Methodist Hospital. The other woman’s name wasn’t released.

Police said a dispute erupted during the reception, leading to the gunfire.

Officers arriving at the scene said they saw Francisco Ponce, 21, Indianapolis, run across a parking lot and toss a gun under a car. Ponce was arrested at the scene on a preliminary charge of attempted murder, Woodruff said.

His brother Isaias Ponce, 28, Indianapolis, has been charged with public intoxication, and a third brother, Jose Ponce, 23, Indianapolis, was arrested on preliminary charges of battery, disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

Police did not disclose late Saturday if there was more than one gunman.

Lawrence Mayor Paul Ricketts arrived at the scene shortly after the shootings, which occurred about 10 p.m.

Investigators had to call for interpreters to help in the investigation Saturday night because the witnesses speak only Spanish fluently.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by infolurker]

new topics

join