It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth: What is this? An Explosion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Google Earth: What is this? An Explosion?

maps.google.co.uk

Bright light outside new mexico on google Earth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just came across this image near Roswell New Mexico, and disregarding the triangle to the right hand side of it, what is the bright yellow area with what looks like flying debris? It might be nothing but it looks like some kind of explosion. There is one to the top right as well. No doubt someone already knows what it is and can tell me exactly what it is?

maps.google.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nexakill

Wow!

Well, I think it's difficult to look at one of the markings and disregard the others.

I'm also interested in what that Triangle is!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
nmfireinfo.wordpress.com...
theres a raging fire in new mexico at an old military land trust ordinance is all over the ground your probally seeing the ordinance exploding. good cacth though!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
nmfireinfo.wordpress.com...
theres a raging fire in new mexico at an old military land trust ordinance is all over the ground your probally seeing the ordinance exploding. good cacth though!

I thought google images are years old though?
anyway im pretty sure i have seen this pic before,i remember the triangle...cant find the thread though.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The triangle is a very old, abandoned set of runways. Many were built in the deserts, in the 50s and 60s, in the triangle shape.

If you look 'down' South of the old airport, there's another bright spot, similar.

I can't be sure, but it looks like a bunch of yellow sand dunes, with roads around them, out into the brush. Dune buggies? Off-roaders??

EDIT: If you zoom out a bit, you'll see the town of Roswell and the current Airport. Whatever is there in the desert is fairly closeby the city, eh?

[edit on 26 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

it has a 2009 copy right on it.i think they keep up to date pics though. not sure how often. they could have done it for the military and fire men so they knew what they were dealing with

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
dunno about you guys but if you pan out a bit that triangle turns into an arrow pointing due nth, to a large square box shape an old aerial impact zone ??. and oh the print says 2009, maybe the airforce guys larking about ......

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What are these round things whilst we're at it? They can't be fields because there all over the desert too? Follow link below.

maps.google.co.uk...,-104.62653&z=14&t=h&hl=en-GB

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nexakill

Center-pivot irrigation (sometimes called central pivot irrigation), also called circle irrigation, is a method of crop irrigation in which equipment rotates around a pivot. A circular area centered on the pivot is irrigated, often creating a circular pattern in crops when viewed from above.

en.wikipedia.org...

Aerial View

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The triangle is a very old, abandoned set of runways. Many were built in the deserts, in the 50s and 60s, in the triangle shape.

SE on the map there's another triangular set of runways that looks a lot better kept.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Yes, and it appears abandoned to, only more recently.

There are lots of places like that, in the deserts of the SouthWest. Sometimes they're used as model airplane sites (Radio Control), or drag racing (probably illegal) etc.

BTW...nothing in that GE image is secret. You can go to an aviation website called FlightAware, type in the nearby airport at Roswell, 'KROW', look at "maps and diagram" and there's the same GE picture available.

edit to repeat: In the OP, it is not 'flying debris'. Those are just sandy paths, possibly made by the people who go out there to four-wheel.

The area is barely 10 kilometers out of town.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think it was very suspicious, it was just annoying me that I didn't know what it was. Especially that flash with flying debris!!!!

top topics

join