It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails being produced through nozzle at aft of jet engine?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What I meant was...why would they even bother using covert means in the first place if they have the means to do it without the expense (time, money) of doing it that way. It's not like 98% of the population believes this stuff anyway, and even if they did, what could they do about it? Why hide, when you're already so well-hidden so high up in the sky? People see jets trailing in the sky all the time...why go through so much trouble when you can get away with anything anyway? It's like wearing camouflage under an invisi-cloak. Or like the brail on my local drive-through ATM.

Or is it such a huge operation that one agency (clandestine or otherwise) simply wouldn't have the necessary manpower to carry it out without employing such sneaky tactics?

No matter. It just seems like a terrible waste of energy just to make some people sick sometimes. If something like this was truly going on, in any kind of worth-while way, wouldn't the average national life-span of whatever nation it was going on in be dramatically lowering at the very least?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

Chronic diseases are way up.
Reproduction rates are way down

Birds, bees, trees, fish, elk, etc are dying in droves and getting diseases made up in the last 10 yrs

Man will and have died from this. Chronic heart, lung disease, bone defects, birth defects, global warming, silver is way up.

Shall I go on, the list is endless.

Millions of people are not wrong, and one would be arrogant to suggest so.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
I wonder how silver iodide, a water-insoluble antimicrobial compound, is going to be used to kill off 90%+ of the world's population?

[edit on 7/25/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

It's not. It's going to make it rain more if sprinkled over a cloud...but thats about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute

I wonder how silver iodide, a water-insoluble antimicrobial compound, is going to be used to kill off 90%+ of the world's population?

It's not. It's going to make it rain more if sprinkled over a cloud...but thats about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Have you checked the MSDS sheet on this.

Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur.

www.ranches.org...

Many people have become aware of the mercury toxicity problem. But it would be a mistake to think that metal poisoning is unique to this particular toxin. Consider: silver colloid is an antiseptic and has been used since ancient times to inhibit bacteria in drinking water. If it poisons germs, it will poison you.

www.alternative-doctor.com...

Silver is a heavy metal. Chronic ingestion of this will kill you. And I haven't even begun on Iodism.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I done my gas turbine examines over 15 years ago, and have been out the industry for several years, in that time I never came across turbine vents but time moves on.

All I can say when there was ever a large crosswind component, or microburst activity, a surge or stall COULD occur, but only in rare occasions, a vent at the rear of the cone could reduce this happening but by such a small amount, it would hardly be worth it.

The dripping fuel seems to be plausible, but why would an airline spend money at the comfort of passengers.

Little known fact: all British troop carriers Have there seats opposite to the direction of flight, commercial aircraft do not, unless once again this has changed.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dan steely

The dripping fuel seems to be plausible, but why would an airline spend money at the comfort of passengers.

We're talking about a small amount here, each engine, after shut-down. Like I said, not all gets burnt as the engine shuts down, maybe a cup or two left over? Perhaps even less --- it's the design of the engine manufacturer. Minor fuel spillage occurs often, on the ramps. There are "surge tanks" in the wingtips of most big jets, they are designed to contain some of the sloshing, and they have overflow vents incase they overfill. Again, only small amounts of spillage.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme
reply to post by lagnar

Chronic diseases are way up.
Reproduction rates are way down

Birds, bees, trees, fish, elk, etc are dying in droves and getting diseases made up in the last 10 yrs

Man will and have died from this. Chronic heart, lung disease, bone defects, birth defects, global warming, silver is way up.

Shall I go on, the list is endless.

Millions of people are not wrong, and one would be arrogant to suggest so.

Human and wildlife populations are being exposed to diseases and other naturally occurring pathogens and parasitic organisms they've never been exposed to before because of global travel and commerce. One would be arrogant to suggest otherwise.

And why would those that are supposedly creating these 'chemtrails' do so knowing they are exposing themselves and their loved ones to the same?

Originally posted by dan steely
Little known fact: all British troop carriers Have there seats opposite to the direction of flight, commercial aircraft do not, unless once again this has changed.

The passenger seats in the top deck of the USAF C-5 Galaxy also face backwards.

It has an upper deck seating area for 73 passengers. The passengers face the rear of the aircraft, rather than forward.

Source.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

Yup.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

It's weather modification imo. They are up there all the time here

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
star, flag, and a bump. Donno about the theory your showing; as I have no clue into The workings of modern jets. However, the chemtrail's are real....that's what I know

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
star, flag, and a bump. Donno about the theory your showing; as I have no clue into The workings of modern jets. However, the chemtrail's are real....that's what I know

Care to share your 'fer sure' evidence?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

They are up there all the time here

Well, we don't know where your "here" is, but it doesn't really matter. Because, EVERYONE who believes in "chemtrails" says the same thing!!! They all think that their little corner of the globe is being affected.

Folks, there just aren't that many airplanes!!! You're mistaking normal air traffic and their contrails for something sinister.

Here, read this:

Do contrails sometimes persist and spread out?

Yes, see the Encyclopædia Britannica article on vapour trails (contrails):

Contrail, streamer of cloud sometimes observed behind an airplane flying in clear, cold, humid air. It forms upon condensation of the water vapour produced by the combustion of fuel in the airplane engines. When the ambient relative humidity is high, the resulting ice-crystal plume may last for several hours. The trail may be distorted by the winds, and sometimes it spreads outwards to form a layer of cirrus cloud.
vapour trail. (2007). In Encyclopædia Britannica.Retrieved May 4, 2007,from Encyclopædia Britannica Online: Britannica

Also see “A Field Guide to the Atmosphere“, by Schaefer and Day, 1981:

“Sometimes [contrails] are ephemeral and dissipate as quickly as they form; other times they persist and grow wide enough to cover a substantial portion of the sky with a sheet of cirrostratus“ (Page 137)

Are spreading contrails a relatively new thing?

No, it has been exactly the same for decades, the only change has been the size of jet engines (producing bigger contrails), engine efficiency (burning fuel more efficiently creates more water vapor) and the amount of air traffic (producing more contrails).

ContrailScience

I highly recommend you spend some time reading through the site. Very informative, and answers the questions, and challenges the falsehoods.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You might be interested in this CDC hazard report conducted at a factory that makes flares for cloud seeding in California.

www.cdc.gov...

Think it's bad dispersed in the sky? Imagine how deadly it must be at the source of manufacture!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think the potential exposure level working in a silver iodide flare factory is a little higher than from cloud seeding, or so called 'chemtrails'.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Exactly my point.

And the findings of this report show no ill effects.

[edit on 25/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Here's the Material Safety Data Sheet for Silver Iodide.

Toxicological Data on Ingredients: Silver iodide: ORAL (LD50): Acute: 2820 mg/kg [Rat].

I weigh 185 lbs, or 84 kgs, so an LD50 dosage for me would be about 236880 mg, or 236.88 grams.

I wonder how much 'they'd' have to put in the air at 35,000 ft to give someone a lethal dosage at ground level?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

236880 mg, or 236.88 grams.

For the US audience, I took the liberty of turning that into ounces.

8.36 ounces. What, that's just about a 1/4 pound?

New! At McDonald's!! The Quarter-Pound Iodide burger. (cheese is extra)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry. I was just providing an example of the 'fuel additive causing chemtrails' idiocy hypothesis MJ was asking about.

As I said before, chemtrails are just the product of the imagination of illinformed individuals.

Ouch!......

Really though,

Are you a chemist? Couldn't there possibly be some type of substance that couldn't be detected by normal means that's added to jet fuel that we don't know about?

And it surely doesn't happen ALL the time. Federal inspectors that monitor fuel quality probably don't have access to MILITARY fuel. That would be a military job. I would like to hear from someone on the board who handles re-fueling or the equivalent on a military base. Could something be added to the fuel in a clandestine manner?

I didn't say it was probable, just maybe POSSIBLE.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

S&F for a new concept, nozel spraying. I'm not sure which method is used as the spraying mechanism in chemtrails. It would be nice to have an image nicely named for that purpose.

Dont be alarmed by all those guys. They are fun to debate with.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

I'm sure there are quite a few chemicals that could do what you say, but then the question comes up again, why would those that are supposedly creating these 'chemtrails' do so knowing they are exposing themselves and their loved ones to the same?

When I was in the USAF ('83-'03), we got our jet fuel from a pipeline from a central terminal off base, with a small reserve in tanks on base. And the jet fuel is laboratory tested for contaminants at least daily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join