It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The warnings of an Aboriginal Medicine man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
To protect the identity of the man who told me this story and his family, I will not be discussing my current location, or the location(s) in which we had our conversations. I will say that he believes the area his tribe lives in is safe from what he described as in his native tongue, what translated as "the big death". I wrote down the phrase he used, phonetically. He told me that it was foretold by a medicine man "before the white man came", as was also predicted. I've had 11 conversations with him over the last 3 months, and with each conversation he has opened up to me a little bit more. He didn't respond well to questioning or prodding, he would seem agitated when I would pursue a line of questions. Instead he seemed to want to talk about things in a specific order. I'm not quite sure if this was to make sure I understood him, or because he is repeating some sort of oral history, but in any case eventually most of my questions were answered. The last time I went to the place where I would usually be able to find the man, (Who henceforth will be referred to as John, simply for readability.) he wasn't there. I went to his place of residence and there was nobody there. He had indicated to me that he had been waiting for his cousins, and wouldn't be sticking around much longer. He was likely going to the land where his tribe lives. (Again, he tells me the general region we live in is very safe.)

John indicated to me that this "big death" was predicted for the tenth full moon of 2011, and that his tribe has been waiting and preparing for generations. He told me much of the world would burn, and the animals would simply lay down and die in many places. I simply would like to warn all of you, those that believe in the old ways, and recognize the ominous signs of late; there is something happening in the world, and we are running out of time to prepare. I wish all of you the best of luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
thanks for the heads up!

something is going to happen. whenever i think about 2 years or so into the future...i am just at a loss because there is a cloudy feeling about if what i am doing right now even matters...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
11 conversations and all you have to show for it is an unclear and vague warning?

can you add any more details that he told you, i mean i could get the following answers in less than 1 conversation. You really havent provided us with any useful information.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Pseudoscience=crap.

This teacher of it, medicine man, who uses not medicine but things with altered names.

Is a buffoon, or a fictional character in your thread, (I prefer both)

If there was some dire warning, and I had it, and I was a psychopathic person, or whatever, I would go around telling people, not quietly telling one person per conversation, but out of fear would keep myself aliased, and un traceable. Seems a joke, a bad one at that.

On the fourth moon of the new moons of the old moons, will a man find a quarter on the ground, and he shall rejoice.

I can make stuff up to, no dire warning though.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Other warnings regarding October 2011 refer to that time as the "Dark Night."

October 28th is the specific date mentioned, however you refer to the 10th full moon which takes place on October 12th - close enough.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow first post in almost a year!

Way to keep it creative, I guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Gee someone had an extra spoonful of Cynicism in there Cereal this morning yeah pmsl

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So, which tribe? There are a lot of Australian aborigine tribes.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have been very busy, and I was living in a place with no internet for a long while as well. In any case, I will be glad to try and answer (almost) any specific questions you have, and I will try to explain my understanding of what "John" told me. I took down notes during the last 4 sessions, and as I mentioned I wrote down the phonetic pronunciation of the term he used for "the big death". It sounds scarier when he says it in his language. Again, I will try and answer any questions that I can without risking giving away the identity/location of "John" and his people.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I wonder if this was the same medicine man who told me to feed a cold, .... starve a flu, ... and drink whisky everyday. Wait I think that guy was Indian, regardless, I've never much trusted Aboriginals, Word out of Tasmania is they often pit Kangeroo's against eachother in vicious games of death, forcing them to wear boxing gloves dipped in tar and broken glass.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

If you are unwilling to at least source your material, then your material is worthless. What it tells me is that you are making it up, if you can't even name the people he's part of.

This is of course, overlooking the odds of him just being some kooky old dude wanting to have a little fun at the expense of a whitefella

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

If you are unwilling to at least source your material, then your material is worthless. What it tells me is that you are making it up, if you can't even name the people he's part of.

This is of course, overlooking the odds of him just being some kooky old dude wanting to have a little fun at the expense of a whitefella

I'm recounting a first hand experience, explain to me how I could source that and I'll consider doing so. If you feel what I have to tell you is worthless, that is your right. You are also making an assumption that I am a "white fella".

The reason I don't wanna talk about the tribe or region should be clear to many of you. It has to do with respect, I'm not going to broadcast the location of their safe place. (Also my safe place, if this things keeps going the way its been going). I will try and answer more questions and post a bit from my notes later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Other warnings regarding October 2011 refer to that time as the "Dark Night."

October 28th is the specific date mentioned, however you refer to the 10th full moon which takes place on October 12th - close enough.

October 28th 2011 is one of the debated dates for the end of the Mayan Long Count.

Although that date seems to be held by the minority.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by DaisyAnne]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Similar stories have been told by tribes in the American southwest. As I firmly believe in science and provable, duplicable proof, I cannot intelligently deny that there are too many similar statements from many geologically separated cultures, and even millennia, that would indicate similar events being described.

I cannot explain it, but a number of these men seem to have an awareness that many in the West seem to lack. Maybe it's our preoccupation with obtaining more and more possessions.

I do know that all major catastrophies have come upon the populations rather suddenly, with insufficient certainty and thus, warning.

And this is a cyclical normality.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Can you in any way give us some indication as to what John was passed down! What is the story behind the the "Big Death".
Being that this is an ancient prophecy handed down through generations, did he give you an "original" telling or was it an interpretation of this telling?
I am of Islander heritage, and enjoy their symbolism and the way they tell their stories, I find that theres a lot in common with the concepts of Kundalini, Charkras and the like.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight He told me that it was foretold by a medicine man "before the white man came", as was also predicted.

Aboriginal people referred them as "CLEVER FELLAH", not medicine man.
So unless you are willing to name a tribal area, I would have to be sceptical of your story.

Map provided to for you to give a slighty better general area.
www.aiatsis.gov.au...

Bundjalung F4 on map

I grew up knowing people from the Bundjalung tribe (1970's). Went right through school with one of the very last people of this tribe to still be given initiation scars as a boy of this tribe. (a wound sliced into the body then have ashes sealed inside wound).
This person's grandfather was the tribes clever fellah, real nice bloke too.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by acrux]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Hi ppskylight/

I am interested in what you have to say...
I guess you must be an aboriginal as you did use the term ''White fella''

Dont let anyone tell you otherwise,proof is that it is WORD enough.
Please dont say aliens are coming or that your friend is an evolved alien using a human body...far too many of those have been on ATS.

take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What's with all the cynicism and skepticism?
Are you guys trying to save someone from the crushing burden of discerning fact from fiction on the internet?
Guy has a story, let him tell it. Take it with a grain of salt, or pure BS or whatever, and move on... Or never read it... Please don't play paladin of logic...

And to go even further off topic: I think the most important thing about stories like this are that, whether true or not, you listen to it. You store it in your memory, and listen to the next one... Eventually, you make connections, see similarities, and understand overall themes... You take what you can from it, and consider it archived...This is what I see to be the heart and soul of our quest for answers... Truth needs not defend itself.

Anyway... I'm curious whether or not this guy was ever able to inject any of his opinions into the conversation... Was the medicine man able to listen to you and understand/give advice regarding the changing times from an outside perspective? Did you have any kind of prior thoughts regarding the coming times?
Was he lucid with the details? Was there any talk of an aftermath/rebirth/regrowth? How about a cause, reason, or perpetrator behind the "big death" ?

Thanks for sharing man...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join