It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Define Love?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Loving yourself. Since a person can only experience limited reality within themselves. There is no one else to love or hate besides yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Loving yourself. Since a person can only experience limited reality within themselves. There is no one else to love or hate besides yourself.

I like.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertyloveebug

Originally posted by ghaleon12

I like.

I second that.

Very profound..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

While I can agree that one must love one self before they can share love, I do think that too much self love and you have vanity and are therefore incapable of loving anyone else with pureness of heart...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

You are so right..

But when does one realize that one is loving oneself too much.

I submit to you that it is the ego..

In other words ...love others more than you love yourself..be at the bottom if you will..everyone is more important than yourself...and if you love yourself then others will be even more "special".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Well said! That is exactly right! You have to be capable of putting others before yourself without forgetting yourself...does that make sense. It has taken me a lifetime to learn that my feelings are important too. I have always put myself last...felt bad when I wanted to do something for me...with time and age comes a bit of wisdom...but love still confounds me...and I have been married for 24 years now...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Love is the desire to become part of the oness again.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Love is feeling a deep sense of obligation to another being. An obligation or want to care for that being to the best of your ability.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Love??The most elementary, organising force, stronger than gravity, manifesting on all levels of our universe and keeping subatomic particles, the stars and everything togheter...
well not oryginal all I see...but hope LOVE will forgive even that...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Heinlein said it best, I think:

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

Love isn't selfish or self-centered.

"Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often confuses one for the other, or assumes the greater the love, the greater the jealousy. In fact they are almost incompatible; both at once produce unbearable turmoil."

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
en.wikiquote.org...

* "First, we must be very clear that you and the speaker are treating life not as a problem but as a tremendous movement. If your brain is trained to solve problems, then you will treat this movement as a problem to be solved. Is it possible to look at life with all its questions, with all its issues, which is tremendously complex, to look at it not as a problem, but to observe it clearly, without bias, without coming to some conclusion which will then dictate your observation? You have to observe this vast movement of life, not only your own particular life, but the life of all humanity, the life of the earth, the life of the trees, the life of the whole world—look at it, observe it, move with it, but if you treat it as a problem, then you will create more problems."

Mind Without Measure, p105

* "The very nature of intelligence is sensitivity, and this sensitivity is love. Without this intelligence there can be no compassion. Compassion is not the doing of charitable acts or social reform; it is free from sentiment, romanticism and emotional enthusiasm. It is as strong as death. It is like a great rock, immovable in the midst of confusion, misery and anxiety. Without this compassion no new culture or society can come into being. Compassion and intelligence walk together; they are not separate. Compassion acts through intelligence. It can never act through the intellect. Compassion is the essence of the wholeness of life."

Letters to the Schools vol I, page 90

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
aaaahhh, love.
Is it the recognition of a counter point in another soul ??
Perhaps we can only truly experience ourselves when reflected off another we hold in such intimate regards.
Love is losing yourself in another, only to find it again. Love is knowing that whatever happens tommorrow, doesnt matter, because right now you have eachother. Love is when the stars seem to line up, creating a single perfect moment, .... which seems to stretch forever.

sigh, ... how I miss thy sweet embrace, .... yet one cannot bathe in the sun for too long.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
the word is, attraction. a force out of which all is done. disruption of the force ends in chaos, a brutal facet of love. life energy

I seem to be looking a love as the life force.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Love is the "glue" to our Consciousness.

Our Souls are what give us Consciousness and it is through Love that we are all connected.

We are all One, and without Love we wouldn't be.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think love is the purest emotion and state of spirituality felt in the soul; not a word or a thought-form, understandable to the human brain.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Crying-Lightning]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Crying-Lightning]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think love is an uncontrollable emotion that stems from within your soul.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crying-Lightning
I think love is the purest emotion and state of spirituality felt in the soul; not a word or a thought-form, understandable to the human brain.

... Anyone agree/disagree..? 'Cause I'd like to know I understand myself lol...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning

Its more than just an emotion.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunshadow
I think love is an uncontrollable emotion that stems from within your soul.

yes, it just happens, it is in us.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Love is the song of the universe, flows and permeates everything around us.

As long as we have awareness for it...it will grace us unconditionally.

We can neither smell it or hear it...but we can truly feel it...

It's silence is indestructible...a strength beyond time...

Our gift of human love is only a tiny window of its vastness...

The light it is...follow it and it will guide you in your heart

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join