It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible missile attack on heathrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wondered if anyone else had heard more?
They have put extra armed forces and 1000 police on full alert at heathrow airport tonight...
Due to a specific message of a attack..

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by The Real Deal]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you were a dedicated terrorist, willing to die for your cause, fully prepared to shoot down a plane at Heathrow airport, only to find it surrounded by 100s of soldiers and 1000 armed cops, what would you do? Give up and go home, or go to Gatwick instead?

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ha.....

Definatly Gatwick!

There are talks for the armed forces to patrol London now.I think if something was going to happen it won't be stopped.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not for sure about that but I do know that the U.S. put up missle defense all around Washington.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Very sensible of the armed Forces I must say.

To stop a missile attack, they put miltary personnel ACTUALLY on the airport grounds.

If I was planning to shoot down a passenger aircraft with a missile, there's plenty of places OFF the airport to do that from - modern day missiles have a good range to be able to take down an aircraft a long way from the airport.
Personally, I think its a form of deterrent instead of waiting for a definite attack.
It's easy enough to locate any military airbase on UK soil, so why not head for one of those and take out a military transport instead?
I wonder if anybody has thought of an airport attack as a red herring and that somewhere more important is going to be hit instead.......

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Exactly!

Why Patrol London with armed soldiers if the airports were the target..

I think there is something big planned and the Ricin houses busted were only the start..

A friend in the Met Police tells me there are big operations going on each week in the multi-cultered areas of outer London.He was involved in the Ricin busts and they targeted over 60 different locations.

I think the attack will come in central london in the city or the tubes wher eit will cause the most damage..

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
London why London i mean think about it who would wanna hit london. Not Al-queda cause they wanna kill americans plus doesnt London have a large muslim population?? More than here in teh US

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Londons Muslim population is massive.
But it is also over run with illegal imm. and so called assulum seekers..
Your right why London?
Maybe as we suport the U.S against Terrorism.
Maybe were a easy Target.
Maybe another faction to start a war.

Who knows..

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
More airports have followed the example of Heathrow and put a cordon around them checking Vehicals and Names and Identities..

Manchester
Stansted
Birmingham
bradford

and a few more.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
but why would al-quada want a country who is only a half against them to come fully on them??

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Because their goal is to start a woeld war between the west and the arab/muslim world. And the buggers are extremely good at hiding

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
(post links to stories, folks. Here's the CNN news story):

Man with grenade held at Gatwick

LONDON, England -- Police have arrested a man at London's Gatwick Airport after finding what appeared to be a live grenade in his luggage.

The man, a 37-year-old Venezuelan national, had arrived on a British Airways flight from Bogota, Colombia, and the grenade was found when his luggage was searched, authorities said.

News Link: www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Ha.....

Definatly Gatwick!

Well, it looks as if you were right on target with this one.

Any other scary predictions?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I doubt that the airport scares are anything big...Al'Qaeda, in my opinion, are more likely to hit something more symbolic, as they did on 9/11 - the WTC towers being a symbol of American economic strength. Perhaps they will hit a target symbolic of British imperialism - Buckingham palace perhaps? Or Westminster? Pure speculation, but I think they will try to hit something symbolic

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Did i really say that
I meant to say "Chemical Weapons Used In City Of London"
-----------------------------------------------------

top topics

join