It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hate the British Royals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Yeah British colonialism was great wasn't it? Everywhere Britian went hell followed. Just look at the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. A British mandate. I would never be proud of British imperialism as I'm not very proud of American imperialism either. But you guys have several hundred years on us. We learned from the best!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Yeah and the only reason our country is in debt is because of the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is a throwback to the Bank of England. Although we "won" the war the Bank of England never released it's financial grip on the Colonies. So in the end we never really one our freedom, financially atleast.

I don't hate the English. I hate the English government. Like us Americans you all have been taken over by a big, bloated, and tyrannical government and short of anarchy and revolution there isn't jack you all can do about it. You all wreaked havoc on the world. The last 50 years America has done the same. We will go the way of you soon enough if we aren't already there.

But to still languish at the feet of royalty is obscene and ridiculous. Pathetic and disgusting in my opinion.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

Do you realise just how moronic that bile you've just written above makes you sound? ha ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Yeah British colonialism was great wasn't it? Everywhere Britian went hell followed. Just look at the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. A British mandate. I would never be proud of British imperialism as I'm not very proud of American imperialism either. But you guys have several hundred years on us. We learned from the best!

Someone's really starting to get bitter aren't they? I am neither pro or anti-monarchy, but I do appreciate domestic charity demonstrated by them or figures thereof.

In a place called Wales, yes that's a country, a constituent of the United Kindgom, next to England (you might wish to look that up), there's a thing called The Prince's Trust. I have several friends who have not only had their business invested in by this programme, but have endeared a great deal of success as a result of a lot of investment pumped in by this Trust.

Just something for you research and think about before you offload such total tosh.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

I'm far from bitter. You can look at your once great nation through the financial rose colored glasses all you want. Many Americans do the same thing.

Afghanistan, Africa, hell half the world is a complete and utter mess due to British imperialism. If you want to call it "tosh" feel free. America is doing the same thing all over the world, picking up where you left off.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

reply to post by BAZ752

I'm far from bitter. You can look at your once great nation through the financial rose colored glasses all you want. Many Americans do the same thing.

Afghanistan, Africa, hell half the world is a complete and utter mess due to British imperialism. If you want to call it "tosh" feel free. America is doing the same thing all over the world, picking up where you left off.

Bollocks. I am under no illusion nor do I view our nation or any other nation through financial rose tinted specs either chum, let me make that clear.

Fact is, all you've done is gobble on about your disgust for British Imperialism based on unstantiated claims and opinion that's quite fankly as narrow minded as the government of your nation. Now, let's not turn this into a UK v USA debate.

There's all sorts of conjecture surrounding the history of British Imperialism, most notebly that tosser from your part of the land called Steven Grasse.

You're trying to convince yourself that I am somewhat of a pro-monarchist and defender of our history's movement - you're pathetically mistaken.

Go back and read the OP again to try to stay on topic chap - there's a good boy.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Still more disappointing responses...

It's fun watching IAF getting flamed though: I've run across it before in debates and it's posts are full of inanities.

The disappointing thing is that people are consistently missing the point of the OP, although some people are illustrating it really well, viz:

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
I'm glad we have her as a representative for this country and we aren't just recognisable by the fat prick at downing street.

My contention is that as a figurehead she allows UK citizens to focus their irrational feelings and therefore we can look at our PMs as the odious lickspittles they are.

Still no-one has come up with any evidence to show that the Royals somehow control the US. And the thread is littered with patent nonsense like:

She's been running this country for 57 years and it should stay that way.

No, she hasn't been running the country. She's been obediently signing bills into law, making speeches at Christmas, and costing each UK citizen about 60p per day, a figure I think could be significantly reduced while still performing what I submit is a far more valuable function than most of us realise.

As for IAF, I find it hilarious that US citizens confer such irrational reverence on their elected head of state, the last of whom could not formulate coherent thought had his life depended on it.

As I said, in the UK those irrational feelings are safely earthed in someone whose powers are entirely ceremonial, a fact for which I'm rather grateful.

Di was not just in charities for photo ops either.. take a real look for yourself at some of the work she did with the sick in africa and walking through open minefields in just a helmet. Would you do that just for a photo op?

I dare say she may have meant well. I personally don't think she was bright enough to have much of a clue, and as I say, the person I knew who was well-placed in the charity field and had many contacts who had met her personally said that the consensus of opinion among those contacts was that she was about as much use as the proverbial choccy teapot.

Can you tell me what she did, apart from photo ops with African children, that counts as "work"? I'm open to being convinced about this, but you'll have to supply more detail and preferably some links.

As for walking through minefields in just a helmet, this is not something I've heard about and I cannot imagine her handlers letting her do something as dangerous as you make it sound.

You mentioned Obama's visit, though, and now I come to think about it, it is interesting that Obama came to visit quite so quickly. Governor Bush (thank you George Carlin) wasn't in such a rush, but perhaps as he was part of the Carlyle group he was already in contact with the Royals. I don't know.

It is possible to interpret that visit in a few different ways: an early thanks to (as has been mentioned) the US' only real ally in the Total War Against Terra; introducing himself to his Royal Masters; an early start to a global equivalent of the Royal Progresses of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries which has continued with many other foreign visits.

I don't know.

[Edit to add: I'm pretty sure Obama must have been dreading meeting Prince Philip and was constantly braced against an inappropriate comment from the UK's leading Comedy Royal.]

I am now, however, reading David Icke's The Biggest Secret which makes the case for the reptilian bloodlines theory. As yet (chapter 3) I haven't come across anything compelling, although I like Icke's honesty and his breadth of source material.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by BAZ752

That is very true.

I think this statement is a little unfair for several reasons.

At one time the British Empire was arguably the most successful of its kind on the planet, but there were the French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese and Belgians in the colonial game too. The Belgians in particular gained a justifiably poor reputation from their antics in the Congo: and a look at the history of Liberia will show that the US, early on, interfered in that continent to its people's detriment.

I would have been much more inclined to agree with your statment before I spent some time in Belize. I spoke to a couple of people there who were what you'd characterise as left-wing, one had been a union organiser before a US telco, I forget which, had broken the union and made sure the only work he could get was as a taxi-driver.

This guy was actually rather well-disposed towards the British, to my surprise. He cited the school system as being praiseworthy and mentioned an incident when, long after Belize had gained independence from the UK, it was being threatened by the Guatemalan army. The UK just moved a few warships into Belize waters as a deterrent, and the Guatemalans melted away.

This is not to wipe out all the atrocities the British inflicted on their colonies. Not by any means. But it does bespeak a fundamentally different attitude.

US imperialism is entirely about securing cheap labour, access to resources, and the prevention of independent action by its "client" states. There's never any investment... please do not bang on about US aid. Firstly, by head of population many other countries donate far more: and secondly (and more importantly) US aid has more important functions than its apparent one. It serves as a way for the corporations to write off all sorts of overproduction mistakes (which is why you have things like diet pills being shipped off to famine areas): and in many instances, it's just another way of getting the target country into debt to the US (i.e. to the World Bank and the IMF).

The debt is then used to coerce the debtor nations into policies that favour more US corporations. To see how this really works you need to read Confessions of an Economic Hitman.

Still waiting for evidence that the Royals run the world.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Does anybody know anything about the Queen or the Royal family. They are very secretive in everything they do. I don't know even know what the Queen's favourite colour is, never mind her plans for world domination.

If the Royals do run the world, I very much doubt you'll find any evidence. Lets face it, there definitely appears to be a drive by all governments & monarchies of the world to bring about a one world order and a one world currency and we the people are the only ones being deliberately kept in the dark as to why this is happening and for what reasons. I've only read briefly about the NWO, but apparently the monarchies of Europe are the ones who are behind it. But good luck on finding any evidence that points to the Royal family.

The Illuminati Vol III - Murdered by The Monarchs Part 1-12

Queen Elizabeth received 500,000€ of EU subsidies in 2008
By Michael Cosgrove.
www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Love it! All the anti- Brit vs anti- American nonsense, when in fact they both seem to agree that our governments (both governments) are as bad as one another. What makes me laugh even more is the fact that if Britain did vote to become a republic the Windsors and all their servants would pack up and leave and relocate somewhere in America- and the American people would embrace them and make them more than welcome.

Lets face it, when the doors of Buckingham Palace close shut they must be doing something! They don't seem to be the kind of people who would pile around the TV to watch Americas Got Talent. . . Since we only catch a glimpse of them every couple of weeks or so, what on earth are they up to? What do they do with all that free time?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Why is it though? They've done nothing wrong to me.. they aren't metaphorically bending me over like the government are. I just think with the revenue they bring, the past the represent and the still standing fact the monarchy seem to keep us seperate from Europe and just make some form of British pride shine through.

I dunno.. at 21 I bet I'm looking double my age, but personally I think they should stay

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Hey dude, I'll have a look for some links on the Diana stuff, she truly was a great lady, I was pretty young when she was over in Africa but I remember seeing it all on tv, meeting kids who'd got their backyard to play in as a minefield and she walked through them, cameraman in tow and all.

I realise some of my other comments you quoted seem a lil irrational, but.. I'm unbelievably proud to be British. We didn't destroy the world as so many believe cos if we hadn't gone out there and colonized everything then someone else would have. We'd all just be speaking spanish or something instead of english. I really like the Monarchy cos whether people want it or not they are what make our tiny little island recognisable..

I like em anyway

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
To most Americans its quite quaint and utterly ludicrous to be servile to some old woman in a land half the world away!

To most British, and indeed the rest of the world, including Americans, it's quite quaint and utterly 'ludicrous' to be servile for eight years to some old witless Texan who waged war nilly-willy and is responsible for the deaths and maiming of many, many people and at the same time was barely capable of speaking coherently.

One who himself inherited his father's position! And you lecture us about royal succession!

Reminds me of what a former Republican (In the British, not American sense) said about Tony Blair, in that the mere thought of him being the President of a British Republic made her a royalist.

The Royals are not a tourist attraction, their buildings are.

We'll get around to overthrowing the monarchy one day, and we'll overthrow parliament too. And then we'll let off fireworks on both banks of the Thames.

One day.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Im proud to be British too, but it has nothing to do with the Royal Family. You have to remember these people believe they deserve to be in this entitled position by birth right.

Soon it will be 2010 and we will still be subjects of the queen, not citizens. You would have thought that we could come up with a more democratic system.

You may enjoy waving your little Union Jack as one of the royals comes to town, but you've paid for that visit and all the security and pomp that goes with it. As a 21 year old, you should be wanting change not a continuation with the status quo, which is all the Royals represent. will you be happy to sing god save the king. Come on, lets push things forward.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I think it's sad that you blame the British and their history for US Imperialism around the world and the US's problems.

It's not rational.

Your country chose it's own path, fought a war of independence for it, and in the end dug it's own hole. You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Point a finger at your predecessors, why, blame the Romans why don't you, but you'll find four fingers pointing back.

Americans like yourself moan about the British for not overthrowing the establishment here, but the WORLD moans about America for not overthrowing theirs, which is doing so much damage to the world right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Why hate the royal family? Isn't it obvious? Why is it that you or I has to work our knuckles to the bone to earn a modest income while if I had been fortunate enough to be born a Windsor I could have sat back and seen out my days playing golf, touring the world and occasionaly appearing in front of the media to applaud some charity that I had no interest in!
Being born into privilige doesn't make you any better than someone born into servitude.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I enjoy reading about the fascinating lives of others, and that has always included England's Royals. I will admit though, when Diana was gone, it lost a lot of spark for me. But I still like to keep up with how her "boys" are doing.

Whoever said if they came to the U.S...? Oh yes, no doubt, we would roll out the red carpet, and the photogs would be all over them every day. They would require body guards to keep them at bay.

They would be major celebrities here, especially the two young princes.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I enjoy reading about the fascinating lives of others, and that has always included England's Royals. I will admit though, when Diana was gone, it lost a lot of spark for me. But I still like to keep up with how her "boys" are doing.

Whoever said if they came to the U.S...? Oh yes, no doubt, we would roll out the red carpet, and the photogs would be all over them every day. They would require body guards to keep them at bay.

They would be major celebrities here, especially the two young princes.

It was me that said Americans would adopt the royal family. A country such as the USA who loves celebrity delights in the whole notion of superstardom, how long would it be before Prince William threw the first ball at a baseball game, or the queen appeared on The Late Show!?
In America they would become a freak show.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

lol! yes, they would if they would let us!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
look at our great Institution , the universities, colleges, hospitals, museums
botanic gardens, royal estates. etc all wouldn't be there if the pinko left wing liberals would have their way, and in response to anti imperialists.
" What have the ROMANS ever done for us "

Taken from " The life of Brian " Monty python. insert British. if you have seen this British classic, you will know what I'm preaching... lmao

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I don't hate them. I don't love them, but their time is over.

Let's face it, the British royalty is as over as the Roman Empire - which equals dead.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join