It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250,000+ Private contractors replacing troops in Iraq, Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If you thought the end of American intervention in foreign wars was nearing, think again. President Obama has been replacing soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan with private contractors—some 250,000 are currently deployed overseas—including Black Water (operating under another alias.)

Contractors are not subject to the same guidelines as our soldiers, and thus, have not been held accountable for the misdeeds they have afflicted upon civilian populations in the past.

This story has largely flown under the radar of the mainstream media, but will surely induce outrage at some uncertain point in the future.

tax dollars hard at work.

I wonder which company is getting all this cash? anyone know?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Several companys are. The majority of the work that is being contracted out is support. i.e, some maintaince both vehicle and strucsural, fuel operatoins, logistics....dam near everything. It is a good thing, saved me from unemployment when I was recently laid off from my great job post miiltary service

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The accountability issue they had with the private security has really been reined in the last yr or so

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hey Warren.

OK two things.

1. Who are hiring and paying for these private security forces?

2nd Why do they keep showing US troops and talk about "Private" Security in the video?

new topics

top topics

join