It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could all these warnings go ignored? One for the debunkers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Dear debunkers,

Here is a list of 94 key warnings given to the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the ABC etc. and even directly to the President himself. The early ones go back to 1994, which are admittedly quite old, but still relevant to anyone paying attention who should have been paying attention. The most recent ones go right up to 2 hours before the 1st attack!

Let's see what some of the most recent ones from 2001 say:

“Tenet on 40 occasions in… morning meetings mentioned al-Qaeda to the president. Forty times, many of them in a very alarmed way, about a pending attack.”

"The report has 50 recommendations on how to combat terrorism in the US, but all of them are ignored by the Bush administration."

"Despite all these warnings, the FAA fails to take any extra security measures."

"NSA Picks Up Word of ‘Imminent Terrorist Attacks"

"the NSA intercepts telephone conversations between Khalid Shaikh Mohammed (KSM) and Mohamed Atta, but apparently does not share the information with any other agencies. The FBI has had a $2 million reward for KSM since 1998"

The Daily Telegraph later reports that “the idea of an attack on a skyscraper [is] discussed among [bin Laden’s] supporters in Kabul.”

“The chatter level [goes] way off the charts” around this time and stays high until 9/11.

German intelligence warns the CIA, Britain’s intelligence agency, and Israel’s Mossad that Middle Eastern militants are planning to hijack commercial aircraft to use as weapons to attack “American and Israeli symbols, which stand out.”

..men are agents of bin Laden “organizing a major terrorist act against the US via an airline or airlines.”

..experienced analysts call this intelligence “both unprecedented and virtually 100 percent reliable.

The 9/11 Commission does not record Rice taking any action in response to these warnings.

Jordan warns the US that aircraft will be used in a major attack inside the US

Also in late July, Jordan will offer the US to send its elite troops to Afghanistan to attack al-Qaeda, an offer the US turns down.

Egypt Warns CIA of 20 Al-Qaeda Operatives in US; Four Training to Fly; CIA Is Not Interested

planned “something spectacular” involving “large scale operations in New York in the summer or fall of 2001.”

“Those towers are coming down.”

this warning specifies multiple airplane hijackings

would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and “bring the fighting to America”

In 2002 and again in 2004, National Security Adviser Rice will incorrectly claim under oath that the briefing only contained historical information from 1998 and before.
Doesn't "incorrectly claim under oath" mean lie?

Agent Greg Jones tells FBI headquarters that Moussaoui might “fly something into the World Trade Center.”

"We did not take it so seriously, preferring to see what would happen before reporting it.”

bin Laden contacts an associate thought to be in Pakistan. The conversation refers to an incident that will take place in the US on, or around 9/11

September 9, 2001: Osama Tells His Stepmother that Big News Will Come in Two Days

September 10, 2001: US Generals Warned Not to Fly on Morning of 9/11

(6:00 a.m.) September 11, 2001: Two Hours Before Attacks, Israeli Company Employees Receive Warnings

There are sadly so many more! The full warnings, all with sources, can be found in the link at the top of my post.

So they had no idea what was going to happen and couldn't have foreseen or predicted any of the events?

Not even the slightest indication that maybe 9/11 or around that time wouldn't be such a good time to have lots of exercises and simulated terrorist attacks?

Are you still 100% satisfied that the government did everything they could to protect the nation on 9/11?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Has anyone been fired over these?
Or promotions...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Amy

As a "debunker", I have never once said that I was satisfied that we had done all we could do prior to 9/11. In fact, if you care to check, more than once I have stated that if someone truly wants to hold somebody responsible for the failures that lead to 9/11, you would have to start with Daddy Bush and Bill Clinton...and almost every Senator and Representative that had been in office since 1989. In addition, you would need to throw in all the members of the Church Committee from the 70s. They are the ones that emasculated our Continental Air Defense. They are the ones that passed laws that prevented various agencies from sharing information on terrorism and crime. Amazingly enough, a lot of the complaints against the Patriot Act are extremely similar to those listed during the Church Committee...but thats another thread.

Now, on to your post....

Human arrogance can cause a lot of problems. Yes there were a lot of warnings. And most of them were greeted with an atittude of "THEY cannot POSSIBLY do that to US" by the various agencies and bureaucrats that heard the warnings. Of course, I must also point out that hundreds of terrorism warnings were received every year from the 80s through 2001. The grand majority of them never panned out.

There were two options....1. Put themselves on trial and obviously the Senate and the House were not going to put themselves on trial, nor were they going to demand the scalps of the middle level bureaucrats who passed warnings along to cover themselves. Or 2. start to undue the damage done to our intelligence/defense agencies since the 70s and turn them loose....which is what happened.

Does that make me happy? Not really, especially since the US public continues to vote for the fossils we have in the Congress who continue to screw us over.

Specific warnings listed in your post...

September 10, 2001: US Generals Warned Not to Fly on Morning of 9/11

Yes, there was a warning, actually it was more of an update of a warning that had been issued earlier in the year....

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2001/09/14/MN92245.DTL&type=printable

(6:00 a.m.) September 11, 2001: Two Hours Before Attacks, Israeli Company Employees Receive Warnings

Two employees working in Israel received warnings that there was going to be a terrorist attack, however, the WTC nor the Pentagon were mentioned as the target.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree with you on this one for the most part swamp, the only thing I would add is although most of the threats turn out to be bogus, the bombing of the WTC was attempted once, and there should have been a heightened sense of awareness in that area.

*edit for clarification* The bombing was successful, just not the overall destruction of the tower.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jprophet420]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Amy

FBI Director Robert Mueller insisted officials had no idea this kind of attack could happen when in fact the FBI had been investigating the possibility of EXACTLY this kind of attack for almost TEN YEARS. Numerous previous attempts at using planes as weapons, intimate knowledge of terror plans called Project Bojinka, and knowledge of suspicious characters attending flight schools who were being monitored by the FBI make his utterance a clear lie on its face.

The names of the alleged hijackers, all Muslims, were released to the public only hours after the attacks, despite Mueller saying we had no knowledge this would happen. This is an impossible twist of logic. If he didn't know of a plan to strike buildings with planes, how would he know the names of the hijackers? Various artifacts were discovered in strategic places to try to confirm the government's story, but these have all been dismissed as suspicious planting of evidence. Since that time several names on that list have turned up alive and well, living in Arab countries. Yet no attempt has ever been made to update the list. And why were none of these names on the airlines' passenger lists?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

And there had been for awhile....remember the PAPD had placed extra explosive sniffing dogs onsite for a couple weeks prior. However, short of adding anti-aircraft missile sites to the roofs of both towers, extra officers and extra dogs were all that could be done.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I appreciate your replies and I just want to state for the record that I didn't start writing my OP with the intention of it coming across as a kind of "Haha, try and get out of this one" post, but I know that it does read that way.

At the end of the day we're all here trying to get the truth and full disclosure of what happened on that terrible day and my intention isn't to just post something for the sake of it being anti-debunker. My hope is that just by reading some of the startling sentences and quotes, new visitors who are inquisitive and unsure about 9/11 and debunkers who haven't completely closed their mind to looking at it with fresh eyes, will visit the timeline link because it really contains such a comprehensive timeline of events and a wealth of information that is fully sourced. I just want people who really do believe the official story to just dig a little deeper and take another look because nothing is ever what it seems.

Mark

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

The hijackers used their REAL NAMEs when purchased tickets for flights so
not like FBI had to establish who they were.

Also on American 11, flight attendents Betty Ong/Amy Sweeney used
Airphones to give seat locations of hijackers.

Once had name could work back to trace movements in days before

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Amy
Dear debunkers,

Here is a list of 94 key warnings given to the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the ABC etc. and even directly to the President himself. The early ones go back to 1994, which are admittedly quite old, but still relevant to anyone paying attention who should have been paying attention. The most recent ones go right up to 2 hours before the 1st attack!

You mention 94 warnings from 1994 to 9/11/2001....but how many OTHER warnings were given in that timeframe?

If there were 94,000 warnings then these 94 don't seem nearly as significant as if there were only 150.

Hindsight is 20/20...it's easy to look at what happened and pick out the warning signs, but when you're getting hundreds or thousands of warnings per week it's not going to be as easy to separate the signal from the noise.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Amy
I appreciate your replies and I just want to state for the record that I didn't start writing my OP with the intention of it coming across as a kind of "Haha, try and get out of this one" post, but I know that it does read that way.

At the end of the day we're all here trying to get the truth and full disclosure of what happened on that terrible day and my intention isn't to just post something for the sake of it being anti-debunker. My hope is that just by reading some of the startling sentences and quotes, new visitors who are inquisitive and unsure about 9/11 and debunkers who haven't completely closed their mind to looking at it with fresh eyes, will visit the timeline link because it really contains such a comprehensive timeline of events and a wealth of information that is fully sourced. I just want people who really do believe the official story to just dig a little deeper and take another look because nothing is ever what it seems.

Mark

Your right there was a bunch of stuff going on behind the scenes. But ill tell you the truth will never come out at least not in our lifetime.I can guarantee the Saudi government was involved this is one of the things kept from the American people.THEY DIDN'T ORDER THE ATTACKS BUT THEY HELPED QUESTION IS WAS IT INADVERTENT OR NOT Bin Laden comes from a wealthy family and are related to royalty this gave him an advantage he used to the fullest. Where you aware just how powerful his family is? They invited the Bush sr to a meeting:
November 1998: Former President George H. W. Bush Meets with Bin Laden Family
Former President George H. W. Bush meets with the bin Laden family on behalf of the Carlyle Group. The meeting takes place in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

The Saudis have allot of power and influence and I'm sure details were not released for that reason!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

And by 1998, the majority of the Bin Laden family had denounced/disowed Osama. Do you realize just how big the Bin Laden family is anyway?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by dragonridr

And by 1998, the majority of the Bin Laden family had denounced/disowed Osama. Do you realize just how big the Bin Laden family is anyway?

Do you know why they did there accounts were frozen and were trying to get there money back.Of course they had to but strange Ossama still had access to money when he needed it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hindsight is 20/20...it's easy to look at what happened and pick out the warning signs, but when you're getting hundreds or thousands of warnings per week it's not going to be as easy to separate the signal from the noise.

Got a source on those numbers?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Got a source on those numbers?

In reality they set on some analysts desk in a basement somewhere.Coordination was non existent.This was carters plan.Jimmy Carter was from an era where they has lost all faith in the CIA and the FBI stripped them of there authority.Cant really blame him though with the things McCarthy did and the Watergate scandal people were reeling from government intrusion. The 9/11 incident goes back further that just bush it goes all the way back to Ronald Reagan as to cause and effect. In fact most of the reason 9/11 occurred in the first place was Bill Clinton and Bush SR some carry over policies from Ronald Reagan. Bush JR problem was he was asleep at the wheel.

top topics

join