It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s dirty little secret as a dumper of toxic waste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Britain’s dirty little secret as a dumper of toxic waste

www.timesonline.co.uk

I thought i'd add this to the News Channel as i found it to be pretty informative as to where our waste ends up and what dangerous chemicals are exposed! Illegally!!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I already knew about this and i'm sure many of you do but i thought it worth mentioning.... much of our waste contains dangerous chemicals which can cause Asthma, Cancers & other illnesses! This waste as you will see ends up in poor nations ground where these chemicals are released into the Air.... not only this but we are dumping illegally onto the lands of Brazil & Africa increasing damage to the Ozone layer in the process.... we in Britain alone dump 106m tons waste a year! What have we done to the once clean air we used to breathe?

After reading this in paper this morning i just thought wow! If i had asthma or some cancer i would definately be getting myself a lawyer to take one or more companies to court..... Of course i already knew that these chemicals are out there but this article just highlights the facts!!!

Please take a read and remember what we are all doing to our land!

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yeah, sure as hell doesn't make the top nations look good. But its hidden pretty well. I noticed a topic about a country in Southern Africa that was being just destroyed due to chemicals and other waste being washed up on their shore. (If anyone can find that, it'd be deffinately useful. Im on a phone so searching'd be difficult) Yes, Ill give in the fact countries like Britain and the USA create loads of waste that can't really be imagined! But, it doesn't make pouring this waste into nature right. Im not usually promoting enviromentalism, or advocating enviromentalists for that matter, but I do hate to think about this. I wish I could change it with a swipe. Dumping the waste is like putting the dust and dirt under the carpet... it's still there.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bryan LaVergne

Well it is a big 3 pages in the Times newspaper so it's not just 'Environmentalist Paraphenalia' i'm advocating.... it's definate News Headlines!!

Thanks for your reply anyway.... it's good to know that others do/are taking note of this...

Edit to add: I can't find the original article now....

[edit on 18-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

top topics

join