It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is NOT the way

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
*shudders*

I... I went to the other thread and tried, oh so very heard I tried...

I think my eyes began to bleed somewhere between Oprah and page 3, and I had 37 more pages to go...

I failed, I couldn't do it. I posted a couple comments, but to sit through 37 more pages of...

*shudders*

I think I'm just going to stay here for a while.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by badmedia

Maybe pathetic, but I can back it up.

No you can't. I've seen the threads before, it's a bunch of crap. You don't even have the first clue about what is important, much less any understanding of the things Jesus talked about.

Like most atheists or whatever, you positions are based on your hatred for Christians and what they do, and your hate blinds you from the actual understanding.

I'm sure many people would love for you to believe such crap. In fact, those "bloodlines" have been trying to get people to believe such things for years, and you only accept it out of your hate for Christians and will attach yourself to anything which appears to be against them, no matter how frivolous.

Let me give you a hint. If you are at all worried about if Jesus was a real person or not, or who he was, then you've already missed what was important. It doesn't matter what you say in those regards, you are clueless to what he said.

You might can listen to Jesus, but you are not able to hear him at all. Do you know the difference between listening and hearing?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I rarely participate in threads once they have gotten a good amount of pages. Unless you started in the thread early and have a running discussion/debate with someone in that thread, it's usually a waste of time to respond.

You pretty much show why there. Because everyone is going to skip right over it to the end rather than reading every single page.

But if you got a discussion going, then usually the people you are discussing it with will read and reply, so that makes it a bit more worthwhile, even though everyone will probably skip right past it. If you add a new post to the thread, you might get lucky and someone who has been with the thread since start may address you and so forth, and then you can join in on the existing conversation. But many times they will skip right over you unless you just say something that really gets their attention.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh, I know, I know.

I've been here since 2004, and I have seen so many threads like that come and go, and all ending up being a bashing flame war. It just gets to the point of being too much.

Look at it this way: we can't go about religious or spiritual matters on ATS, a place to expand our horizons and open our minds, without leading to chaos. Is it any wonder the world is in a worse way?

(before anyone questions, from 2004-2007 I was simply soothsayer)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No I understand that Jesus read from the Vedas and that he had spiritual knowledge.

But if my threads are crap then why didn't you ever stick your head in and prove me wrong?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

...and by the way I do not hate christians. But my family and my loved ones are mostly christian. I do not hate them.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No I understand that Jesus read from the Vedas and that he had spiritual knowledge.

But if my threads are crap then why didn't you ever stick your head in and prove me wrong?

So in your opinion there is no such thing as original thought? It's impossible for someone to understand things on their own? Once someone has done or said things once before, anything which follows or expresses that understanding from that point on must have come from that source, rather than the "source" of which it originally came from?

I will not help the man who asks me to feed them. I will help the man who is trying to feed themselves. Those topics are nonsense and unimportant. It doesn't matter which side wins the debate, if any ever does. Your basically arguing over the color of the pavement before you jump off a building as if it is important.

It's like the matrix movie. If all you see in the movie is the special effects and cool cgi, then I don't really have too much to discuss with you about the movie. If someone wants to argue back and forth over if Neo and matrix is literally real, I'm probably not going to get involved. Because it doesn't matter which side of that argument you are on, you missed the entire point and real truth of the movie. At best, I will simply point out how the topic in itself is of little importance, then get attacked as being some blind brainwashed christian, and be accused of just being "one of them" and trying to protect something.

Sorry, but I'd rather shave my balls with a rusty pocket knife than to reduce myself down to such things. It doesn't matter which one is right.

"buy them books, send them to school, all they do is eat the pages".

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

...and by the way I do not hate christians. But my family and my loved ones are mostly christian. I do not hate them.

But you hate that they are Christians. Can't lie to me, I see such things.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
He is the way, and his blood is royal too, he biologically descended from Israelite Kings from both sides of his family, of course his step-dads is not biological but this is the legal way.

In any event, appointment by God himself, trumps over any royal lines anyway.

Too perpetually deny the value of the ransom sacrifice will not end so good for people, when Jesus judges us all.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well... Jesus' step dad, Joseph, was biological. It's his actual father that wasn't.

Unless you are a follower of Enochian teachings, which say that angels and the hosts of heaven were physical beings. But that just adds a whole other chapter into these debates.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
He is the way, and his blood is royal too, he biologically descended from Israelite Kings from both sides of his family, of course his step-dads is not biological but this is the legal way.

In any event, appointment by God himself, trumps over any royal lines anyway.

Too perpetually deny the value of the ransom sacrifice will not end so good for people, when Jesus judges us all.

I disagree that it was a ransom sacrifice. Jesus fulfilled the laws to bring about understanding. The understanding and wisdom that the OT talks about over and over.

Psalm 111
10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Jesus fulfills the law in order to bring understanding, and it is by following his example and teachings that one can properly follow the commandments and be saved.

His sacrifice and grace was doing these things even though he did not have too. As he was not full of sin he did not have to do those things. But he did them to give people understanding that it was better to die than to take up evil in order to fight back. That was his sacrifice, not his murder.

Viewing his murder as the sacrifice is the truth being sacrificed in order for the lie of this world to live. It has for 2000 years and will continue to until the truth(Jesus) comes to all. They conspired to kill him for their own powers, not for yours.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Well... Jesus' step dad, Joseph, was biological. It's his actual father that wasn't.

Unless you are a follower of Enochian teachings, which say that angels and the hosts of heaven were physical beings. But that just adds a whole other chapter into these debates.

I think I am in agreement with you. I do not believe Mary was a virgin, and I think that Jesus was born biologically of both Joseph and Mary. Jesus was born of a virgin in spirit and the father is the virgin, of which all souls are born and to which there is no equal.

Jesus denies Mary is his mother as well.

What is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit. Jesus flesh was born of Mary and Joseph. But he knew he was not really his flesh, he knew what he really was and who his father really was.

I think those things have been mixed up in order to mislead people.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

One of the greatest mysteries is very close to being solved. Who was Jesus and was he born of a virgin and is he the one and only son of god and the messiah?

The answer is no, he is not the messiah. The only historical account of this one called Jesus is that born of Cleopatra the self proclaimed virgin Goddess who was exiled to conceal his identity as the first born son of Julius Caesar, the foundation of The Holy Roman Empire and the Greatest Lie ever told. He was hailed King of Kings and Lord of Lords, hell so was Julius Caesar for that matter.

Well before we can debate the matter, I need some additional info. Which Cleopatra are you talking about? The one from the Ptolmaic line? Who married her brother? Then did Caesar and had little Caesar? Then did Marc Anthony and popped out three more?Lol The same Ptolmaic line, that rumor has it, the Royals of Britain trace their linaege to?

That Cleopatra?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I disagree that it was a ransom sacrifice. Jesus fulfilled the laws to bring about understanding. The understanding and wisdom that the OT talks about over and over.

That is for another thread, but I have to say badmedia, I have had enough interaction with you on these boards to say your belief structure is unique and very different from most Christians.

Sorry but John 3 verse 16 disagrees with you

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

I have other scriptures I could use too, but you would just ignore them anyways, so no point.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

That is for another thread, but I have to say badmedia, I have had enough interaction with you on these boards to say your belief structure is unique and very different from most Christians.

Sorry but John 3 verse 16 disagrees with you

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

I have other scriptures I could use too, but you would just ignore them anyways, so no point.

Jesus defines what it means to believe in him later in John.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And right back to the Psalm 111 verse I quoted.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Jesus fulfills the law, in doing so he provides and example of how to keep the commandments, and shows people the understanding behind it which is needed in order to do so. By fulfilling them he also shows what is not the proper way, and separates the wheat from the chaff.

As such, he is "the way", and he shows the path. And the 2 things that stand at the top of that path are wisdom and understanding. Shows you the way to those things.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a religious war is like fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend

He will not be imaginary when you come face to face with him.

religious war is pointless. God said go out from someone who doesn't believe and shake the dust from your feet.

so basically he saids leave them to their belief and or rebelion and pray from a dsitance.

now as for 2012

this is a facade created by satan and his minions to make people think it will end 2012. It won't

antichrist should be on the sceen about right after Obamas reign or before, although I don't know if WW3 wil start before that.

The nwo has their plans to bring about his riegn and global communism.

and so after the world doesn't end in 2012

what will the majority think? Nothing will ever happen. So just watch, I will garuntee you everything I own on it.

peace.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I agree 12/21/12 will not be the end of anything, Jesus said nobody knows the day or hour only the father. It must have been one of the few secrets God was keeping from Jesus, so there is no way some Mayans would know if the very son of God didn't know.

It will come and go and people will then think the end is never coming, too many false dates proclaimed in the last 100 years.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Yes that is correct we are speaking about Ptolemy XV- Caesarion.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

this is a facade created by satan and his minions to make people think it will end 2012. It won't

antichrist should be on the sceen about right after Obamas reign or before, although I don't know if WW3 wil start before that.

The nwo has their plans to bring about his riegn and global communism.

and so after the world doesn't end in 2012

You won't ever hear me say that the world is going to end in 2012. It is the end of the Mayan calendar which is subject to interpretation, but all cycles, that being the mayan calendar repeat and we are headed to 13.0.0.0.0

But since we are on the subject of the Mayans, before the Julian calendar there were thirteen months in a year. Julius Caessar modified and implemented the 12 month Julian calendar in 46 AD.

I agree that Obamas a pawn and he may be set up for the role of antichrist. He is described as being very charismatic and people love him.

Then if you were going of the description of the beast in Revelations describes the royal families coat of arms.

You see there is some trickery going on here. Also in the Bible Lucifer is described as being the morning star, but then at the end of the Bible Jesus says he's the morning star.:shk:

[edit on 18-7-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

I have never heard that or seen any evidence that Joseph was related to Jesus.

However he does claim to be the root of David, a bloodline that dates back to Solomon and Hiram Abiff.

In My Own Opinion, christianity is just a lesser form of Freemasonry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join