It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Donald Rumsfeld Resign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't think so, but for the interest of Bush it might be good for him to resign. I don't think it's his fault mainly, and I think Donald didn't know everyone would jump on this story like they did. I saw the pictures on ATS before the press talked about it. I think it's sad but I wouldn't consider donald Rumsfeld a bad man or a Secretary of defense.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, I don't know but I wouln't quit a job because of the actions of others, I wouldn't let them ruin it for me. Instead I would try to clean things up. If we find out he ordered the tortures or knew about it and didn'nt do anything about it, he should resign/be fired.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Ranger]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think it would certainly help the US image in the middle east and the rest of the world if he was fired. It would show a real strength on the part of the President. And as Rumsfeld said in the hearing, there's worse to come including images of 'boys being raped' or something like that. What? I think if and when pixeled out versions of CHILD RAPE are released to the public the outrage will be global and very deep (not that it isn't already) and I don't think begining work on a report for a comittee who may get around to doing something about this eight months from now is going to cut it. Rumsfeld admits knowing about this stuff in January. I would imagine that his knowledge probably wasn't limited to the infamous 'leash' photo. It clearly wasn't as big a priority for him to deal with as it is to everybody else on the planet so I don't think cutting him loose would be such a bad idea. Regardless, it will be intersting to see what happens.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No, he shouldn't resign or be fired.
The military is undergoing lots of changes, including adapting to war time and bulking up after the lean Clinton years.

I think he's doing a fine job. Esp. after seeing him before the Senate yesterday afternoon. The Senate Armed Services Committee knew about this happening, apparently, and had only to request a full debriefing. They didn't, preferring yesterdays dog-and-pony show.

It's hard to believe we voted those clowns in. About the only Senator I could respect after the hearing was Sen. Lieberman.
Maybe some Senators should resign.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
you can read the opinions of others on this topic here:

Should Rumsfeld be Accountable?

new topics

top topics

join